Author Topic: PSV for PSV?  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
PSV for PSV?
« on: July 10, 2011, 02:42:19 am »

There is a rumor going around that the next Phantasy Star will be named  Phantasy Star Victory (PSV)   And is coming to Playstation Vita... of course the Vita part is probably speculation because Phantasy Star Portable (PSP) was on PSP too.

In news that’s just a bit old, as Magic Box reports it appears SEGA developer Kenichi Tanase has accidentally let the title of the next Phantasy Star game out on Twitter. It seems this new Phantasy Star will be titled Phantasy Star Victory (emphasis added).

Phantasy Star is an RPG franchise started by SEGA in 1987, and has become a fixture for the studio encompassing dozens of games, and other media. In particular, the series has spawned 2 successful spinoff brands, in Phantasy Star Online, and Phantasy Star Universe. The latest entry in Phantasy Star Universe is the PlayStation Portable title Phantasy Star Portable 2i.

Does the acronym PSV for Victory mean it’ll end up on PlayStation Vita, just as PSP ended up on PlayStation Portable? Chinese forum TG Bus seems to think so. In fact, they’re willing to say that the game was actually Phantasy Star Portable 3 for PSP, and that developer Sonic Team moved it to Vita after examining the current market, and feeling that platform’s time was over.

Is TG Bus’s description accurate? I don’t know. They may have translated the platform switch information from Kenichi Tanase’s Twitter page, but as I don’t understand Japanese, I can’t say for certain.

We do know SEGA has 5 titles in development for Vita. One of which we know to be Virtua Tennis 4, another heavily rumored to be Sonic Generations, and another to be a new IP from their newly launched UK Studio.

http://nogamesportable.wordpress.com/2011/07/06/rumor-phantasy-star-victory-coming-to-playstation-vita/

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: PSV for PSV?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 03:52:44 am »
I hope it happens =)

Kinda evil using the name PSV though, there is people who badly want a PSV :P

Offline Skateboard

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 07:09:13 am »
Hope it too. I think they will continue the policy they started with PSU & PSP and make portable games for PSVita and add some/all of the content to PSO 2. In the end, those playing PSO 2 will benefit and those who like a new, separate (portable) game will benefit too. It will also allow them to try new things and see how the market reacts. Masterstroke! xD

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 07:43:00 am »
Hope it too. I think they will continue the policy they started with PSU & PSP and make portable games for PSVita and add some/all of the content to PSO 2. In the end, those playing PSO 2 will benefit and those who like a new, separate (portable) game will benefit too. It will also allow them to try new things and see how the market reacts. Masterstroke! xD

Ah wow that's true. They could do it that way. Never thought of it that way.