Author Topic: Binary Domain to have 2 more squad members  (Read 13417 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Binary Domain to have 2 more squad members
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 12:35:44 pm »
New Japanese trailer, the voice acting isn't synced well (yet, at least).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhBAxzi9Eqk#ws

And some great hands-on
http://www.dealspwn.com/binary-domain-developer-demo-preview-74466

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 09:14:09 pm »
That was a good read. In a weird way I feel that i'm going to love this game so much when it comes out. At the moment this doesn't come off as an ordinary shooter anymore. This is an original unique quality game among the other tps's - which hopefully gets the recognition it deserves. With the right marketing and decisions I feel this could become a major western IP for SEGA.

As shooters are so popular, I hope this does around 2 mills.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 06:03:00 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 09:40:40 pm »

As shooters are so popular, I hope this does around 2 mills.

Never going to happen... I give it 300k in each territory at best.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 09:59:48 pm »
I doubt it too. I still think many people are actually really looking for a game like this. If this game gets like 9's combined with good marketing I imagine it could boost interest alot. But let's hope it even get's that far lol

I'm looking at deus ex now and how much attention it gets simply because of how good it is. Binary domain to me just really looks that fantastic. I imagine The emphasis on story and "drama" could really have a good outcome in a more western game
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:09:15 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 07:53:02 am »
I doubt this'll get 9/10 scores, none of Nagoshi's games were rated that high, they are more generally fun 8-8.5 games.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 10:31:30 am »
New Japanese trailer, the voice acting isn't synced well (yet, at least).
[

The voice acting will not be synced well at all, you can tell from the last trailer that they've specifically made it to synch up with English actors and I do not think it'll change. Be like watching a Godzilla film, ha!

I think 2 million is quite possible if this game was being produced/marketed by EA, however this is being marketed by SEGA so I suspect they may completely miss the mark.

I doubt this'll get 9/10 scores, none of Nagoshi's games were rated that high, they are more generally fun 8-8.5 games.

What? The original 2 Monkey Balls were highly rated and considered some of the best puzzle games made last generation, if not the best. The F-Zero game by the team he headed was a critical success and financial success. And whilst they are specific to Asia, the Yakuza games extremely high ratings throughout East Asia.

With the effort they are putting into this game it is bound to get a few 9/10s

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 12:05:30 pm »
What? The original 2 Monkey Balls were highly rated and considered some of the best puzzle games made last generation, if not the best

Agreed. Monkey Ball is the best puzzle game I have ever played and imo the best game on the Cube full stop . Yakuza 1 and II were stunning games

I think 2 million is quite possible if this game was being produced/marketed by EA

With the effort they are putting into this game it is bound to get a few 9/10

The trouble is this game is going into shooter territory and if you're not AAA then you're going to get world of pain in sales and trying to stand out, by the Juggernauts that are COD Gears Of War. This game needs to be AAA in every dept. It looks a quality game and while the semi-military look is something the Japanese don't well, its shouldn't hold it back too much.  SEGA needs to nail the GFX and the AI (this is apart that lets down so many Japanese titles)  and get in some decent Co-Op ...SEGA do that and SEGA sell a million copies in the 1st month ...easy...

This a Big test for both SEGA and the Team . It's a style of game the Team wanted to make for years, I hope for SEGA and their sakes, they pull it off, Given the Team is should be a great  game 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:08:17 pm by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 09:04:49 pm »
I'm looking at deus ex now and how much attention it gets simply because of how good it is.

The fact that the game is very good, is just one of the conditions because it is selling a lot, the fundamental factor (for sell millions of copies) is that is called Deus Ex, an IP well know and attractive, re-launched, including through marketing, in a big way and so made ​​known to audiences as large as possible; the first game in the series in fact is a PC cult title(the PS2 version not count) while the pseudo-sequel Invisible War good but not a masterpiece has helped to broaden the audience.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 09:17:29 am »
I never really liked any of the Deus Ex games
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 09:19:26 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 08:24:41 am »
Sega's expecting 500K on this title,when they say they hope to shift a million, that's what's more likely the number of games that's going to get shipped out worldwide. We know this type of game doesn't usually appeal to the japanese audience but if the co-op feature works its magic it might attract more users then a title of this ilk normally does. BD has  two problems. Overcome the new IP zealousy that has become dominant in western gaming at the moment and overcome the apapthy of shooters that seems to dominate the eastern gaming user. If it can do that we can call it a sucess. Unfortunatly despite having a new feature that evoles this type of game isn't necessarly going to translate into sales,look at VANQUISH. What would be worse if someone copied the feature in BD and they reap all the rewards while BD flops.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 11:24:02 am »
Overcome the new IP zealousy that has become dominant in western gaming at the moment and overcome the apapthy of shooters that seems to dominate the eastern gaming user. If it can do that we can call it a sucess. U

That has always been a problem in the industry and Japan is really one the worst offenders - Where if there's not a number in a title or Final Fantasy or DQ game they don't want to know, It's just these days with development costs so high, your game needs to sell a million,where as back in the old days 200,000 copies would do . I'm sure if the game is good, it can sell a million copies. The only trouble is you're going into to the 'me too' Shooter genre and your game needs to pretty awesome to stand out and have an chance.

The good thing is the Tech is looking really good now (at last making some use of next gen shaders) the animation is looking the tops (loking the kick back from the gun and how little bits of debris are kicked up)  SEGA seems to understand the importance of AI and having On-Line modes for these style of game.  It's shaping up to be a solid title and given it's launch window should sell a million WW 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 06:09:23 am »
That has always been a problem in the industry and Japan is really one the worst offenders - Where if there's not a number in a title or Final Fantasy or DQ game they don't want to know, It's just these days with development costs so high, your game needs to sell a million,where as back in the old days 200,000 copies would do . I'm sure if the game is good, it can sell a million copies. The only trouble is you're going into to the 'me too' Shooter genre and your game needs to pretty awesome to stand out and have an chance.

The good thing is the Tech is looking really good now (at last making some use of next gen shaders) the animation is looking the tops (loking the kick back from the gun and how little bits of debris are kicked up)  SEGA seems to understand the importance of AI and having On-Line modes for these style of game.  It's shaping up to be a solid title and given it's launch window should sell a million WW 
But no one expects to sell a million units with new IP these days so they have to go with a realistic number. 500K is a more reachable for most companies if the product was marketed correctly. And that's if both platforms sales in the states sell on a steady basis to reach that number. If not but its a lower respectable number of 300-400 and If japan's sales can reach a 200k number and europe sales hits within 200-300K,it wouldn't neccasarly be bad for BD.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 08:51:15 am »
But no one expects to sell a million units with new IP these days so they have to go with a realistic number. 500K is a more reachable for most companies if the product was marketed correctly.

If you're making a High Budget multi platform title a million copies is pretty much the spot you've got to hit. I don't see why with Binary Domain can't hit those targets if the game plays as good as it's looking at the moment.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is