Author Topic: The Dreamcast's 12th Birthday!  (Read 5049 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
The Dreamcast's 12th Birthday!
« on: September 08, 2011, 07:53:23 pm »
Been drinking, so pardon the spilling errors:

Tomorrow is the Dreamcast's 12th Birthday in America! I know the USA isn't the center of the world, but their launch was the most memorable. I mean, c'mon the launch lineup was awesome, the 9-9-99 date was genius.

I just wanted to make a topic to celebrate 9-9, to thank Shadi for helping me with the awesome Dreamcast theme (Hi, Seaman) and to open up the floor for memories, thoughts, collection pics, whatever.

Oh yeah, and catch my marathon tomorrow! http://www.twitch.tv/dreamroom

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: The Dreamcast's 12th Birthday!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 02:19:40 am »
Happy birthday dreamcast. I will love you 4ever. More than I love any of my gf's

First I want to say is that the theme is awesome. Please leave this as a pick after the celebration, I want to keep it! Great job guys.

I would like to write some memories but i'll be heading to school in a sec. All I can say is that my first 2 games I remember my brother buying were, tony hawk pro skater 1 and Evolution: the world of sacred device.

They both did the console great justice for me at the time. I had a blast, but it wasn't untill sonic adventure 1 the DC went into overheating terrain lol.

I love the dreamcast era because I was probably never more of a happy gamer than I was in those days. They are very special times for me and pretty emotional as well.

Games like Skies of arcadia, PSO and shenmue and more, are gems that my memories will never forget the way I experienced them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:09:26 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:02:49 am »
The USA DC launch was the best for any console ever (well bar the Pal X-Box launch) . I got my DC in December 1998, but the USA was amazing . I still remember my and my brother being jaw dropped playing NFL 2k - Not only was the graphics,animation and commentary in another league, its also played brilliantly (still better than any Madden post 32bit title) and made great use (if not the best) of the VMU (with its play calling).

Some of My fav DC memories are as follows...

Quake III - My 1st ever experience of playing head to head online gaming .

NF2 2k - Me and my brother playing this game for hours and on end and one of the few games my bother was genuinely good at

PSO- The most magical gaming experience of my entire gaming life . Truly a game of friendship/companionship and and just a complete magical experience

Code Veronica - For me hands down the best DC game ever made, and the best RE game too. The best plot and set of characters ever to grace RE world and at the time, the best looking game on any system be that Arcade , Console or PC.

GetBass - Most prob the best party game ever, and me and mate still laugh at the thought of his Father actually pulling a muscle playing this game lol

VO II - For me the best GFX ever seen on the DC, Model 3 visuals with no slowdown , stunning textures and lighting effects

REZ- Area 1 and 5 are just some of the best shooting levels ever found and classic and imo the 2nd best game SEGA made in their history

ECCO - Just so relaxing to watch and play

D2 -Me my best mate and his brother playing this till 3AM over Christmas 1999 , where we made a drinking game out of the hunting section , Miss a shot hand over the joypdad and drink 2 fingers worth Larger from the can. truly brilliant times

Shemue II - Disc III (the rooftop section) and then the simply incredible so spiritual disc IV .

JSR - The most SEGA game ever made, so cool, so good and so, so SEGA (can only hope that SEGA will show it's face again oneday)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:04:26 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 06:53:33 am »

Shemue II - Disc III (the rooftop section) and then the simply incredible so spiritual disc IV .

Oh my god yes! Disc III was one of the best moments in the series and on the console as a whole!

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:16:38 pm »
I pre-ordered the system at KB Toys in the summer, and had to attend college classes on 9/9, so I didn't actually pick it up until the 10th. I got the system, VMU, extra controller, Sonic Adventure, and Soul Calibur. I wasn't seen for the rest of that evening... and probably the next day.

When I brought it back to my dorm room, my friends and roomate and I went crazy on this system. Excellent times.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 09:43:38 am »
Best system ever :).
My friends still can't stop talking about The Typing of The Dead.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 03:33:36 am »
Happy birthday Dreamcast! May you remain bright white and never yellow!

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 06:35:40 am »
I love the Dreamcast, I need to replay Shenmue AGAIN. Few systems rival the Dreamcast.