Author Topic: The latest on Project Draco  (Read 4033 times)

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
The latest on Project Draco
« on: September 15, 2011, 03:04:58 pm »
I was pleased to find some info on the game after a year-long drought.

Quick recap:

This is totally Panzer Dragoon Kinect. Yukio Futatsugi, who you may remember from Phantom Dust and Panzer Dragoon, is heading up a new team called Grounding Inc., and has brought together various team leads from the former Team Andromeda for this one.

1 Up Opinions

Short Info and Screenshot

Kotaku Impressions

It's not much to go on yet, hopefully they'll put up some gameplay footage when TGS hits full steam.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: The latest on Project Draco
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 03:10:59 pm »
YES! I just came here to post the same thing!

Very excited for this, with out without SEGA. Sounds like a lot of fun, I love the description of the visuals. The screens look great! Finally, the Kinect is getting some must buy titles.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 03:21:41 pm »
Is there any Info on the Publisher yet? SEGA should pick them up, I mean...Child of Eden I can forgive, since Rez, you could say, was a one-shot for SEGA like Madworld etc. But Panzer Dragoon is longer-running Series on Sega-consoles, and people associate Sega with it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 03:41:08 pm »
I'm assuming Microsoft Game Studios will publish, Grounding Inc. will develop.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:44:22 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 04:04:13 pm »
I'm assuming Microsoft Game Studios will publish, Grounding Inc. will develop.

Microsoft Game Studios is still around? Publishing a Japanese game?

I'm kind of annoyed that Sega gives Capcom guys a second chance(Platinum Games) but not publish their own. Naka, Panzer Dragoon developers and Suzuki.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 04:10:58 pm »
Cool did a quick article:
http://www.segabits.com/?p=16708

Not going to do super deep coverage on the game since its not SEGA Published. But anything Panzer Dragoon related I have to post.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 11:49:19 pm »
The official word from the website:

The director of the cult hit "Phantom Dust," and "Panzer Dragoon," Game Director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter.. With the magic of Kinect™ for Xbox 360®, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends* on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.

I like how there's an asterisk... but then nothing on the page to explain the asterisk. I'll imagine it would say "Joining friends requires you to actually have friends."

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 05:56:51 am »
The official word from the website:

I like how there's an asterisk... but then nothing on the page to explain the asterisk. I'll imagine it would say "Joining friends requires you to actually have friends."

Probably is referring to the lack of co-op outside of Live. Pretty sure it is online only.

Anyways, XBLA-exclusive and Kinect-exclusive? WTF. Furthermore, just found out that MS owns the IP! Great, just what we need; another Yukio Futatsugi series locked up in that vault! You think the guy would have learned after Phantom Dust that he needs to find another company to work with.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 09:11:57 am »
Microsoft Game Studios is still around? Publishing a Japanese game?

I'm kind of annoyed that Sega gives Capcom guys a second chance(Platinum Games) but not publish their own. Naka, Panzer Dragoon developers and Suzuki.

Of course they're still around! I didn't think they went anywhere. Nearly every Kinect launch title bears the MGS logo, as do the Rare, Fable and Halo games.

Hearing that it uses the Child of Eden control method excites me, as that worked flawlessly for me. Adding body tracking for dragon flight will be a treat!