Author Topic: Super Monkey Ball announced for VITA  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Super Monkey Ball announced for VITA
« on: September 11, 2011, 02:26:49 pm »
Looks like someone uploaded those on SEGA's flicker by mistake, titled "For PS Vita"

Someone remind me how many titles they had in development for the system... was it 4?

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
Re: Super Monkey Ball announced for VITA
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 02:45:24 pm »
I believe so. This and Virtua Tennis 4 are announced so far.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 02:50:20 pm »
Someone remind me how many titles they had in development for the system... was it 4?
5 games including VT4 and this one

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 03:55:27 pm »
That looks pretty cool actually, much better than the Wii games... It reminds me of the first 3 games in fact.
Made by SEGA

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:03:33 pm »
Simplistic, but pretty.

I wonder how many control options there are. Analog, Touch Screen, Touch Pad, Tilt?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:51:57 pm »
I assume you can pick. Actually, probably tilt, knowing SEGA.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 05:11:12 pm »
They could milk Crazy Taxi a little but for some variety. Hell I'd imagine a bigger city with Next-gen Graphics to be cool.

Whatever, this looks cool I guess. I wonder what the other 2 games will be. If the 3DS get's a original IP, Vita should as well.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 06:23:04 pm »
Now this is what you call a milked franchise

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 05:19:30 am »
Now this is what you call a milked franchise
Not really, i'd call it a milked if it had more than just the same type of game released in the main series. If you had like mario and Sonic reguarly has,a tennis game,racing game,boxing game,etc etc etc then the franchise is definatly milked. SMB only had a game released once or twice every few years.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 07:55:41 am »
Is anyone really surprised by this announcement?
There's a Monkey Ball game for every system. I'm surprised there isn't a Monkey Ball for Kinect.
I could see them using the rear touchpad somehow. They really like to use them to show of features of new hardware (Wii remote, DS touch screen, Wii Balance board, etc...)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 10:25:16 pm »
Monkey Ball trailer at TGS confirms that you will be able to make your own stages by taking pictures! And it seems they've removed the rails, at least in most stages, hoping this is the first good Monkey Ball, fingers crossed

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 03:00:00 am »
Posted the trailer on the front page.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2011, 03:34:54 pm »
Not really, i'd call it a milked if it had more than just the same type of game released in the main series. If you had like mario and Sonic reguarly has,a tennis game,racing game,boxing game,etc etc etc then the franchise is definatly milked. SMB only had a game released once or twice every few years.
I take back what I said. I don't think it "was" nesceseraly milked, but it did feel like it was just being made to make profit of the previous successes. Monkey ball 1 and 2 are games that I put in high regards next to the classic sonic games so it was kind of a bummer to feel less entertained by the sequals. Step and roll being the biggest offender.

However yeah I take back what I said. I like the trailer alot, and the music gives off classic monkey ball vibes. It looks like this may be a finally good smb again.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 05:19:02 am »
I take back what I said. I don't think it "was" nesceseraly milked, but it did feel like it was just being made to make profit of the previous successes. Monkey ball 1 and 2 are games that I put in high regards next to the classic sonic games so it was kind of a bummer to feel less entertained by the sequals. Step and roll being the biggest offender.

However yeah I take back what I said. I like the trailer alot, and the music gives off classic monkey ball vibes. It looks like this may be a finally good smb again.
Yeah, i get what you mean. Its being made for the sake of it rather than just having an original spin on its own game but at least the series as mentioned before only makes a bi annual appearence usually around the intro of a new system.But i do agree that it needs to freshen up a bit.