Author Topic: So AMPort Team  (Read 3688 times)

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
So AMPort Team
« on: November 07, 2011, 03:14:31 pm »
So far they released games such as Virtual-On, Afterburner, and the recent Daytona USA. Later next year they plan to release Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown on PSN and XBLA. I was wondering if there going to release other games from the arcade, particuluarly the Model 1, 2, & 3 games.

Sega did plan to release some games that were on the Sega Saturn too. So I'm thinking Fighting Vipers may have a chance along with the sequel that was never released in the US. Do you guys also think that the AMPort may port other arcade games other than games made by AM2 (The House of the Dead, Dynamite Cop, Last Brox)?

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: So AMPort Team
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 03:34:37 pm »
Do you guys also think that the AMPort may port other arcade games other than games made by AM2 (The House of the Dead, Dynamite Cop, Last Brox)?

Most likely imo. It's not called AM2Port Team after all. And at some point they should port some HoTD on Online Services really, it's long over-due. It's still a running franchise for them, too.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 03:54:23 pm »
I think the AM-Port Team were set up to bring as close to as possible arcade perfect ports. If that IS the case then thats very exciting to me.

Bar Sonic Generations I've pretty much only been playing classic games for months now.
Made by SEGA

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:39:25 am »
I wouldn't hold my breath for last bronx or fighting vipers. Neither really seem to be in very high demand. They're good games, but I think you'd be more likely to see virtua fighter ports or fighters megamix. It's a pity really. Sega has one of the most diverse stables of fighters in the market, and they seem to ignore all but Virtua Fighter.

I think, given the success of Rez, we may see a Panzer Dragoon port, especially if Project Draco does well.

Finally, the answer to your question is actually in your question. Virtual On is a hitmaker property, not am2, so I think it's safe to assume that it won't just be am2 games. That being said, am2 is arguably Segas most successful and consistently acclaimed development studio, so I do think they'll tend to dominate the port market.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:08:25 pm »
After Daytona, I'd love to see every Model 2/3 game given the same treatment. It'll never happen, but who knows.

we may see a Panzer Dragoon port, especially if Project Draco does well.

I'd love to see it ported, but I imagine most of the people who'd want it already have it on their copy of Orta. I wish they'd release all the games in a collection, but RPG/Saga always seems to be the one we'll never get.

Offline Kori-Maru

• AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 10:00:30 pm »
If I was working right now, I would port The House of the Dead 4 same as Afterburner Climax by now and release the SPECIAL version as DLC on the PS3. As for Fighting Vipers, Sega should do that bunny trivia again and release a trailer with a slogan "From the minds who brought you the Virtua Fighter series, comes a hardcore, armor-breaking, fighting game of the Sega Saturn. blah blah blah." That would be awesome for a marketing plan.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site