Author Topic: After Burner Climax Complete  (Read 11314 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: After Burner Climax Complete
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 10:42:14 am »
I heard SCEA just did not want it. Probably not "Artsy" enough for them.  :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 10:49:22 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I heard SCEA just did not want it. Probably not "Artsy" enough for them.  :roll:
Yes, they did not want a PSN game so that Microsoft could have it exclusively. That makes a lot of sense to me.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 10:53:08 am »
It is also a port of a game that is already on PlayStation 2 and Portable, and those releases had way more content, it would make sense to anyone why they would not want this. It is not like this was ever destined to sell billions anyways...

Your fanboy is showing.  :oops:

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2010, 12:27:09 pm »
It is also a port of a game that is already on PlayStation 2 and Portable, and those releases had way more content, it would make sense to anyone why they would not want this. It is not like this was ever destined to sell billions anyways...

Your fanboy is showing.  :oops:
How is that even being fanboyish? Makes no sense just like not accepting a PSN game.

PS2 =/= PSN . It was on Xbox too and Microsoft SELLS Xbox games on Live, Sony doesn't make money on old PS2 games anymore.

Lack of logic is really good.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2010, 01:36:00 pm »
It could just be that SEGA of America are short-minded idiots.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 05:55:50 pm »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"
Quote from: "Orta"
Achievement list

Good stuff

Look pretty good, hopefully they are more easily achievable than outruns.
Ehh, I dunno I think OutRun's achievements were tough but fair (the only ones I didn't like were Online ones, I never like Online achievements for a lot of reasons). They added a lot of replay value to the game trying to get AAAs in Heart Attack mode and shave seconds off my Time attacks. I did manage to get the full 200/200 as well in the end, I was cheerin'. :afroman:  :afroman:

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 06:07:19 pm »
Every time I playe OutRun Online Arcade I go into Heart Attack Mode, but I always get mad because the last levels always glitches up and I cannot get rank AAA! AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

And I am not too great at it apparently, I am always off the time trial games by like five whole seconds.

At least they are not as easy as Virtual-On's... What a horrible, horrible set that one had.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 06:12:18 pm »
Every time I playe OutRun Online Arcade I go into Heart Attack Mode, but I always get mad because the last levels always glitches up and I cannot get rank AAA! AUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

And I am not too great at it apparently, I am always off the time trial games by like five whole seconds.

At least they are not as easy as Virtual-On's... What a horrible, horrible set that one had.

Better too easy that making it so hard that it's nigh-on impossible to get unless you follow a guide/dedicate a huge chunk of your life to it. (Banjo Kazooie, Splosion man etc).

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 09:39:56 am »
Release date set for Japan:

April,21 for both platforms.

The team behind the game is also complaining about Sega of America announcing the release date before the combinated date; they have set it for April, 2 for the announce.

Sega of America always "leaking" Sega top secret informations  :roll:

Take a look at theirs blog:

http://www3.sega.co.jp/abc-column/

He said also they have already another title to release online, but they are waiting for the "gosign" from Sega. It has passed about a year since the release of Virtual-On, but this time he said that the next title(if Sega approves) will not take that so long, since the team has now the "knowhow" to do it.

I bet the next title is Virtua Cop 3 or Slash Out or Planet Harriers or The House of The Dead 4 or... well, there is a lot ;p

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 12:28:14 pm »
Quote from: "STORM!"
but this time he said that the next title(if Sega approves) will not take that so long, since the team has now the "knowhow" to do it.

Interesting. Maybe it's safe to assume it's a game based on technology used with VOOT or ABC? That would narrow the list.