Author Topic: Game Gear Review  (Read 3225 times)

Offline JordanVoletic

• Total Meseta: 0
Game Gear Review
« on: July 18, 2012, 03:34:54 pm »
Hey all! I recently did a Game Gear review, so would love some feedback from some fellow Sega fans!

This was just meant to be a brief overview for people new to the system, nothing to in-depth

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va3RGq5uy30&feature=plcp[/youtube]

If you enjoyed, please check out my other stuff and maybe subscribe, I have more gaming videos, and plan to do small comedy sketches etc :) I know I can't go toe to toe with the big guys, but I enjoy making these videos and hopefully this shows through, and gives you guys a good chuckle :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:38:10 pm by JordanVoletic »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Game Gear Review
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 08:36:41 am »
Nice to see more view reviewers out there!

I'd say good job. You'll probably want to pick up a mic and use it for all your dialogue so it sounds consistant. Also, try and work out a name for your series and perhaps title cards and add some intro/outro music. Give it more of a showy feel to stand out from the other youtube reviewers.

Keep up the videos and feel free to share them here when you make them!

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
Re: Game Gear Review
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 05:16:45 pm »
Not bad, sir. Not enough cussing though. LOL! Just kidding! Seriously though, good job.

You don't have to use a mic. I mean, if you can afford one, great. However, I'll just record my narration seperately. I sit the camera a foot away from me and run through my review three or four times, than I'll use the pieces that sound best from each take.

Another thing you may want is a light. I bought one of those clip-lights from a DIY hardware store, along with a pack of 60watt energy saver bulbs (I like the blue hue it casts). Shooting dark objects tends to suck the light right outta' the picture. Like, it takes three lights for me to even see my Genesis on tape. It doesn't help that it's on a dark shelf. Hehe. But, yeah, that's really all I'd suggest. Otherwise, keep  at it, sir. :)
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q