Author Topic: Sonic and Mario Kart Drift?  (Read 6584 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Sonic and Mario Kart Drift?
« on: May 17, 2013, 08:52:36 pm »
?
SEG4GES

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Sonic and Mario Kart Drift?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 11:05:07 pm »
ahhh.... I'm not too sure if I can stay comfortable with Sega and Nintendo's new "relationship"

Offline FourCartridge

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 08:46:54 pm »
Doubt it. The third game is likely something else (Sochi is the second one), and S0L's knowledge implies Sumo are the devs; IIRC crossovers not under their control are something Nintendo is not big on.

Offline lordtomo

• I am the lord!
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:05:57 pm »
ahhh.... I'm not too sure if I can stay comfortable with Sega and Nintendo's new "relationship"
I have to agree with you, I get why they would do that, but i just dont see both those universe actually working well together

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 04:51:55 am »
They wont. If there is going to be a crossover it will feature only Sonic and some of his supporting characters and they will be just guest stars in what will otherwise be a Mariokart game made by Nintendo. Just like how Sonic appeared in SSB. It won't be marketed as a fully fledged Sega vs Nintendo type game.

Offline FourCartridge

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 07:22:52 am »

This is the list of devs working on the PS4. Notice Sumo's logo underneath Capcom's?

Since a Mario game would have to be a Wii U exclusive, We can file this one under "not happening" =P

EDIT: If anything, it's pointing to "SEGA vs Sony" or someone like Capcom.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:54:24 am by FourCartridge »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 09:26:02 am »
That doesn't mean anything, the likelihood is that Sumo is working with a number of publishers including Sega and Konami. But like i said Sumo isn't working on Mario kart vs Sonic, its more likely to be how they did it in SSB having a guest appearence in the next Mario kart, made by Nintendo.

Offline FourCartridge

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 09:41:46 am »
That doesn't mean anything, the likelihood is that Sumo is working with a number of publishers including Sega and Konami. But like i said Sumo isn't working on Mario kart vs Sonic, its more likely to be how they did it in SSB having a guest appearence in the next Mario kart, made by Nintendo.

I don't get what you mean.

There's no clue they aren't making another ASR(S0L even asked around on SEGA forums & SSMB for advice). I don't think Sumo has the manpower to work on 2 games at one, so goin off that, and their name on the PS4 dev list, they can't be makin the game the TC was thinkin happened. IIRC Sumo wanted Kirby in Transformed and couldn't get him for pretty much the reason I posted(see also, Link & Samus in Ultimate Alliance)

Maybe they're working on another ASR-esque racer from another publisher, but since they're pretty much SEGA's go to racing devs, I doubt it.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2013, 09:45:00 am »
I don't get what you mean.

There's no clue they aren't making another ASR(S0L even asked around on SEGA forums & SSMB for advice). I don't think Sumo has the manpower to work on 2 games at one, so goin off that, and their name on the PS4 dev list, they can't be makin the game the TC was thinkin happened. IIRC Sumo wanted Kirby in Transformed and couldn't get him for pretty much the reason I posted(see also, Link & Samus in Ultimate Alliance)

Maybe they're working on another ASR-esque racer from another publisher, but since they're pretty much SEGA's go to racing devs, I doubt it.

Sumo's worked on more than one game at the same time, most of them have been digital ones so its more than possible. I'm just saying that what you said does not indicate they are specifically working with Capcom alone.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 05:26:09 pm »
Sumo's worked on more than one game at the same time, most of them have been digital ones so its more than possible. I'm just saying that what you said does not indicate they are specifically working with Capcom alone.

Moreover, I remember that last year, SUMO, claimed to be at work, as well as on SASRT even on an ambitious second party title to be published by an hardware manufacturer.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:31:59 pm by Deefy »
SEGA STYLE

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 07:57:54 am »
There needs to be a Nintendo Kart now...as fun as Mario Kart is, it's stuck with the same mechanics and Mario characters will no longer be enough to sell the franchise back in the 20 million+.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 09:52:41 am »
I kind of hope that Sonic still has a chance of appearing in Smash Bros. 4 even with this partnership going on.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 12:25:43 pm »
Doubt it. The third game is likely something else (Sochi is the second one), and S0L's knowledge implies Sumo are the devs; IIRC crossovers not under their control are something Nintendo is not big on.

Nintendo has hinted before that they have many more collaborative projects going on. And just because Sumo is working on a game doesn't mean Nintendo isn't also involved with the development:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/23/3906986/shin-megami-tensei-and-fire-emblem-crossover-title-atlus

Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei is being worked on by both Intelligent Systems and Atlus.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:55:19 pm by nuckles87 »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2013, 06:08:12 pm »
I really hate how this specualtion is fired up everyhwhere as legit news...

It's not happening.