Author Topic: PS Vita is still selling less than the PSP  (Read 6173 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
PS Vita is still selling less than the PSP
« on: June 03, 2013, 09:00:54 pm »
let's peacefully discuss the current bad state of the potential-filled Vita.

These are the numbers from last week:

Sony is having trouble getting it to sell more than the PSP (which seems to be on fire over Europe).

In my opinion, next week's E3 will be fundamental in hyping up the Vita. With the current 3DS competition, I'd say it's one of Sony's last possible efforts.

Any opinion is welcome, but let's be kind to each other.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:58:05 pm by Will »
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: PS Vita is still selling less than the PSP
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:23:00 pm »
I find it really interesting how much Europe loves the PSP over the Vita, you think everyone would want to upgrade.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 09:33:52 pm »
The curious thing I wonder is the Japanese numbers of the NDS...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 10:05:20 pm by Will »
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 09:41:24 pm »
Now the curious thing I wonder is the Japanese numbers of the NDS...
The 3DS is on full rage in Japan, and it also plays DS games. Retailers probably don't even have them on sale anymore.

And what the hell, the WiiU is also selling less than the Wii. The rumored E3 price cut should surely fix that though.
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:08:23 pm »
Ok, I went through and edited the posts. Lets to be kind to each other now, leave the other topic in the past :)

Now, no more discussion about the old topic, any other posts related to it will be removed / edited. This topic is about PS Vita sales.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 10:53:25 pm »
Ok, I went through and edited the posts. Lets to be kind to each other now, leave the other topic in the past :)

Now, no more discussion about the old topic, any other posts related to it will be removed / edited. This topic is about PS Vita sales.

Thanks Will.

Oddly enough I've always been a huge fan of the Vita and have plenty of games for it. A fan of the underdog really considering the world conquering 3DS. I have had taken much flack from Nintendo fans despite owning both. Just the Vita really suits me more. A personal favorite and guilty pleasure of mine has been NFS Most Wanted along with many others that just look amazing on the OLED display.

American sales of the system have been awful as even the expected games that would be the best have tanked due to poor programming and QA. Such recent example have been the Ratchet & Clank game which was so poorly optimized that it's embarrassing. How Sony let that slide by is anyone's guess...

So much promise and power is just wasted...
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 03:26:56 pm »
Vita's getting a few good titles in the upcoming months, so that'll be certainly interesting.

I have Tearaway pre-ordered and may buy FFX for the 3rd time too.

What I do hope is that SEGA have some Vita games planned for the west.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline FourCartridge

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 04:07:14 pm »
Vita's future looks bright tbh. All it needs are price drops on the memory cards and it can take off to be decent.

On a related not, it seems with the Remote Play announcement that Sony is remaking the Vita as a gamepad-esque companion to the PS4 rather than a standalone handheld...

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 09:23:04 am »
The Vita was completely relegated in the Sony conference. Have they given up?
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 09:52:13 am »
Seems so.

What the fuck is going on at Sony's Handheld meetings? It's as if they went "Welp...let's pack up boys, Nintendo has won".

If I were the boss of the handheld department, I would be asking Sony's first parties to get their finger out of their arse when they finished a PS3/4 game and make something for the Vita.

It's NOT an inferior console in any way, it's something that people who like more extreme experiences on the go to enjoy when they don't want to play on the PS4/PS3.

They should be looking at how Nintendo does it, and learn thoroughly. Make decisions based on their ideas, and create something new and unique that makes the Vita a competitor for the 3DS.

So far, it's relegated to an Otaku demographic.

It can be so much more then that...hell...try and get some third parties excited for the thing ffs.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.