Author Topic: Sonic Runners is out today worldwide.  (Read 8780 times)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Sonic Runners is out today worldwide.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 11:57:41 am »
Oh, that's good to hear. Hopefully we'll hear something soon then. Now all we need to do is hope it's not like Lost world's and boom.

It's. . .it's best not to hope for anything haha

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 03:39:51 pm »
Hehe, yeah I know. I'm not one of those who instantly dismisses their new stuff mind. Sure, it's not the same as the Mega Drive or Adventure ones, but there's only been a few really bad clankers here and there. Boom, World, Sonic 06 and Shadow the hedgehog spring to mind.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 05:31:06 pm »
Sorry Tad, Sega has exited the console market, mobile phones are the new hotness.

Hope you like Freemium Apps.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/arts-culture/view/fans-mourn-segas-exit-from-the-console-video-game-market

Offline Tad

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 06:03:49 pm »
That can't be real, right? 

And no, I don't bother with Mobile games.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 07:40:53 pm »
Hehe, yeah I know. I'm not one of those who instantly dismisses their new stuff mind. Sure, it's not the same as the Mega Drive or Adventure ones, but there's only been a few really bad clankers here and there. Boom, World, Sonic 06 and Shadow the hedgehog spring to mind.

Whoa there partner.  Why would you lump SLW with those stinkers?  It's arguably better than Unleashed/Black knight/Secret rings. 

Offline Tad

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 12:36:44 am »
Whoa there partner.  Why would you lump SLW with those stinkers?  It's arguably better than Unleashed/Black knight/Secret rings. 

Unleashed was a mix bag, but it's know where near the same category as the Black Knight/Secret Rings. SLW wasn't as bad as those two now that I think about it. It had some really frustrating design choices and I wasn't a huge fan of having to hold down a button to run. I actually preferred the way it encourages you to explore compared to SC and SG which felt way too fast for me mind.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2015, 11:18:51 am »
SLW is great.
So is Unleashed and Secret Rings.

Some people take more enjoyment of trashtalking Sonic games instead of playing them.
That's why history is being rewritten and Sonic Adventure is now known as a classic shit game that everybody pretended to love. Never mind the millions of games sold and countless bright reviews.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 12:26:33 pm »
SLW is great.
So is Unleashed and Secret Rings.

Unleashed is garbage. It's notable for the fact that it was very nearly not garbage, but Sonic Team fucked up so much it was garbage anyway.

More than half the game is Werehog which is shit.
Even the daytime levels had some good stuff, but also had a lot of shit. The game was just PRESS A BUTTON TO GO REALLY FAST, LIKE REALLY FAST. KIDS LIKE FAST RIGHT?

The music was pretty good, except in true Sonic Team tradition they found a way to fuck up by making you listen to the SAME FUCKING SONG every time you did battle which was approximately 87 times every minute.

Game is objectively bad. Sorry Crackdude.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2015, 07:52:11 pm »
Unleashed is sweaty garbage steaming on a hot day. It's the game that began the greatness of 2D/3D sonic levels but they were bogged way down with so much shit. Like rifling through a medical waste bin for a gold tooth.
Made by SEGA

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2015, 06:15:17 pm »
Man. This become my favourite song for the game:
https://youtu.be/_5SmERAIe-Y

Fun Fact: There is a beta version of this song that was leaked before but you can't listen to it here because SEGA will block the video. Google it.

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2015, 06:28:48 pm »
Unleashed is sweaty garbage steaming on a hot day. It's the game that began the greatness of 2D/3D sonic levels but they were bogged way down with so much shit. Like rifling through a medical waste bin for a gold tooth.

Agreed 100%.  The daytime stages are incredibly overrated.  I screamed at the TV in Shamar when it forced me to do 20 string QTE button presses in 5 seconds or die. 

Don't listen to me though, I thought Generations was only okay and that Colors is god's gift to mankind. 

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2015, 07:22:53 pm »
Well I loved Colours too, but I also loved Generations... Both great games imo and on the right track for a modern take on Sonic.
Made by SEGA

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2015, 08:40:45 pm »
Game is great. I enjoy playing it every morning and evening on my commute. That is what it's made for. It's not made to be played constantly.

Also today's update for Runners made my phone whine about running low on space, then i looked at my app list and saw Sonic Runners has 1.03GB of space on my phone, and that number is only going to get bigger as time goes on. Only Sonic Team would make a mobile game that takes up so much space! That is fine with me though. I like the game a lot.