Author Topic: Failure of recent Sega ports  (Read 10103 times)

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Failure of recent Sega ports
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 09:33:33 am »
I have never bought a game throught the 3DS eShop... =/

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2014, 01:06:03 pm »
Understandably with the terrible account system. What made me start purchasing some games was finding out from a friend, that calling nintendo helped him get his games back through sharing some information when he lost his 3DS. I'm still a bit wary though, but reading that nintendo is planning a united platform has got me hopeful. Hopefully soon

Oh and if you're going to, the 3DS eshop has some exclusive gems in there.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 08:03:26 am »
The 3DS remakes are GODLY. Such tight gameplay..
SEG4GES

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 03:24:09 pm »
I will admit, the 3ds even beats the arcade original, and the 32X version in many ways, however little things not in the game, like I do remember the sprite had more animation, or something.

What I notice is that everything is extra sharp ( or has extra contrast, and color ? ).

My biggest issue, is that they added a bunch of little things to the 3d version like a built in tilt screen??
( Can somebody back this up? ).

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 05:04:06 pm »
I believe that the 3D Classics had been updated slightly for the 3DS. Space Harrier and Outrun had additional features that were seen in previous ports than the original arcade games like the extra boss and new car color.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 06:10:12 pm »

My biggest issue, is that they added a bunch of little things to the 3d version like a built in tilt screen??
( Can somebody back this up? ).

These sorts of features can be turned on and off and there are a multitude of screen sizes.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 07:58:21 pm »
I was specifically asking about the TILT function with or without the arcade display.

Yeah the secret boss is not a big deal for me anymore, apparently it was an Master System exclusive that somehow got ported to the X68000 ( duh I guess ), and later the PS2 version, also includes this.

You know what I don't like about this game, the BONUS CAT, that appears in the middle of a stage, from time to time, that reminds me of "falcor" ( if that is his name ) from Never Ending Story. I was just wondering if SEGA ripped that from NES, and then reused it in, Phantasy Star. While I also know PS, basically uses references from various sci-fi element series, such as "Heavy Metal" and the flying chicken. Seeing that BONUS CAT, appear out of nowhere for the first time, is what amazed me about this game, next to the super fast robot bosses you see the first time around