Author Topic: Submit your questions for Aaron Webber!  (Read 9154 times)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Submit your questions for Aaron Webber!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 05:51:32 pm »
Ask him if he thinks Splatoon is Like Jet Grind radio

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 09:49:53 pm »
Actually I don't have any questions I want you to relay some messages for me.

Welcome back, sorry you're about to bare the brunt of the Sonic Boom back lash... And please, please never stop the Sonic twitter account retorts... It's what SEGA needs. A likeable human face to the company. Ive just seen people on Neogaf warming to Sonic Boom over it... Which is a real hard sell!
Made by SEGA

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 10:13:11 pm »
Can he say anything about those rumored Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD re-releases? Can we expect more (and less expensive) merch for non-Sonic properties in the future?

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 10:31:00 pm »
Aaron is fucking killing it on twitter.  He's a hero. 

OK real question time:  Sonic Team has always been a big mystery for us in the West.  As a primarily Japanese dev team it comes with the territory.  Is there any possibility of us getting to know the actual staff a little better in the future?  When Unleashed was coming out there was an amazing production blog that gave a great look at some of the talent behind the games be it character designer or level designer.  Any chance of something like that in the future?  I would love to know who to cheer for when it comes to a certain style or sensibility and am tired of referring to them as a single anonymous entity.   
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 10:40:18 pm by Radrappy »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 06:01:51 am »
1. How does it feel to singlehandedly bringing Sonic's image back to shape after the Boom mishap?

2. What games do you personally would like to get HD releases? (Shenmue, JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Saga come to mind)

3. What were your favorite Sega games growing up?

4. Why aren't more japanese Sega games being localized? Like Phantasy Star entries and other secondary series.

5. When will Sonic Runners be available outside Canada? The game's amazing, but I want to play my friends.

6. It is obvious Sonic Team is developing a new Sonic game. Promise this one will be a remarkable one?

7. Any chance we will ever get a new Nights, SOR, Sega Rally, etc?

Thanks. Will post more if I remember
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:03:48 am by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 08:16:45 am »
1. How does it feel to singlehandedly bringing Sonic's image back to shape after the Boom mishap?

Everyone hates Sonic
Post some Dank Memes
Everyone loves Sonic

Aaron has found the recipe for success in 2015.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 09:25:33 am »
Everyone hates Sonic
Post some Dank Memes
Everyone loves Sonic

Aaron has found the recipe for success in 2015.
The best way to be successful in this "modern" era is to apply highschool populatity tactics on the mainstream market.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 09:31:32 am »
The best way to be successful in this "modern" era is to apply highschool populatity tactics on the mainstream market.

So fucking true. Memes and snark rule the roost. Check out retro gaming YouTube and websites, stuff like HG101, SEGA-16, and SEGAbits can't compete with wacky YouTube celebs. I still get headaches over a well researched and entertaining gaming history vid getting a few hundred views while a lets play of the same game filled with childish rants and yelling can hit 1mil.

I mean, I get why this is the case, but it's annoying.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 10:23:21 am »
Good question to ask Aaron:

What sort of presence you think is needed in social media to attract people to the franchise?
Do you think Nintendo's totalitarian ideals will come to bite them in the ass on the long run?
SEG4GES

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 01:48:37 pm »
So fucking true. Memes and snark rule the roost. Check out retro gaming YouTube and websites, stuff like HG101, SEGA-16, and SEGAbits can't compete with wacky YouTube celebs. I still get headaches over a well researched and entertaining gaming history vid getting a few hundred views while a lets play of the same game filled with childish rants and yelling can hit 1mil.

I mean, I get why this is the case, but it's annoying.

Yea, no kidding...it's kind of disheartening.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 07:28:33 pm »
Will you still be taking lead roles in promoting other games such as Miku, Yakuza and other such not so well known games like you did in the past? Basically, will you go back to being the savior of SEGA and not just Sonic? I sure hope so!

Offline CardBattleGamer

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 02:10:38 pm »
My question is will Sega be releasing any mobile card battle games for the global market sometime soon such as "The clan battle of fate" by Sega and Pokelabo or any others. Thanks.

Offline SuperSonicEX

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 03:02:00 pm »
I actually thought of something else to ask:

Considering how people over the years have had various interpretations on what a Sonic Game should be like in terms of gameplay and story("Fast like a race car" "it should be about exploring/platforming" "stories should be darker/lighter" "it should be like SatAM/STC/Archie" etc) along with comments regarding gameplay of past games, how difficult is relaying that feedback (or at least key points) back to the team(s) in Japan? is it more difficult now with the Boom franchise running parallel? how different is the process/goal(s) in communicating that feedback with Boom developers (or at least Sanzaru)?