Author Topic: SEGA @ GDC 2016 plus many more!  (Read 4183 times)

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
SEGA @ GDC 2016 plus many more!
« on: February 28, 2016, 08:28:03 pm »
Hi guys! To let everyone know about a few great details that I will be heading to San Francisco for GDC 2016 (Game Developer Conference) next month as a volunteer for IGDA (International Game Developer Association) for an entire week.

So far I know who's all attending is that Space Channel 5 and Rez creator, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, will be there attending as a guest to do a postmortem about Rez and the upcoming Rez Infinite for PlayStation VR. Not to mention that both Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (Virtua Fighter, Daytona USA) & Iwade Takashi (Panzar Dragoon, Yakuza) from SEGA of Japan will be there as well as attendees along with Jessica Nunn (Senior Community Manager for SEGA Networks Inc and Three Rings Design Studio). Luckly, I have an app to contact them by.

Also, GDC will have a Sonic 25th Anniversary party there celebrating the art of Sonic and the Sonic Dash 2 app game. Hopefully more details will surface by next week or so.With that being said, I will be doing coverage at GDC for a whole week and I will do my best to cover anything SEGA related for you guys. If you guys have any questions for them, feel free to leave them here. I'm limiting it to 10 question per person.

PS: The developers of Operation Ghost will be at GDC demonstrating VR games at the event, possibly a port of Operation Ghost. I can see SEGA recent arcade games getting VR treatment. How I feel right now going, so much to cover but it's going to be a great Spring Break!

Double P.S.: I'm refraining from asking Mitsuyoshi-san questions about Shenmue III as I have a feeling that he may not be working on the project (yet).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 08:32:04 pm by Kori-Maru »

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA @ GDC 2016 plus many more!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 09:57:00 pm »
Nice !!!

Could you ask the guys at Sonic 25th Anniversary about why
Sonic Dash 2 isn't available my country (Indonesia) ?

Heroki and Sonic Runners (those are released at the same year as Sonic Dash 2) are available, but why isn't Sonic Dash 2 ?
Lot of my friends love the original Sonic Dash, and they love the Sonic Boom TV series too, so I had trouble answering them why the game isn't available.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 05:32:51 am »
10 questions per person could turn into a lot of questions haha

anyway, ask them if they ever heard about something called #projectdream haha

Offline Kori-Maru

• AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 02:23:48 pm »
No questions for Takenobu Mitsuyoshi? The legendary vocalist at SEGA and Tetsuya Mitzuguchi?

Bring me tons of questions to ask ;)

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Moody

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 09:44:24 pm »
I have plenty of questions for Mitzuguchi, I'll get them together and send em your way ASAP.

EDIT: Here's the questions I put together.

• Does Rez have any true symbolic meaning? It would be easy to interpret the game as an allegory for any number of things, but I wonder if there was a point to any of it.
  • How and where did the idea for Space Channel 5 come from?
  • Of all the games you've worked on, what is your favorite?
  • What do you think VR will look like in five years?
  • What was it like doing motion capture in its earliest years, way back in 1999 and 2000?
  • Where did the concept for Rez originate from?
  • What was it like working on Genki Rockets?
  • Do you have any plans to create a new Genki Rockets album?
  • Personal favorite game?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:55:08 pm by Moody »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 01:32:56 pm »
I guess for Mitsuyoshi

How do you feel about not getting much presence internationally these last few years? Back then people all over the world would hear your sounds for Shenmue, Daytona USA and Virtua Fighter. But titles like WCCF, MaiMai and DoC are only to be appreciated by a smaller number of Japanese users.

If Sega were to make a game for the worldwide market and you could make music for it, what type of game would it be?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:10:53 pm by Trippled »