Author Topic: So that Shenmue Conference & Segata  (Read 4078 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
So that Shenmue Conference & Segata
« on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:52 pm »
Given that it was all Japanese I didn't get anything but it was fun to see Segata Walk on stage and walked up to Suzuki Sama and bowed in front of Suzuki.

Suzuki didn't walk toward him but he bowed as well.

That was the only time in the conference they played any music, they played the fast song, I think it was called earth and sun or was it heaven and rain, either way something like it.

Segata Sanshiro was looking fantastic, I remembered 5 years back I was talking to some one at DCS, if Segata Sanshiro could return for Sega's next console commercials aka DC2 and he was like... 'in a wheel chair maybe'

Segata Sanshiro, 64 looked very fit, as well as trendy.

He was wearing a jet black double breasted suit (if i'm not wrong double. A dark grey shirt with white, horizontal and vertical lines (checkered) and a black tie with a BIG ASS diamond stud. It looked awesome, first time I saw him in a suit and it did not disappoint.

Yu Suzuki, 52 on the other hand was not looking as elegant. He wasn't even looking healthy. He has lost a lot of hair, not only thinning of the scalp but the receding of the hair line as well. He appeared worn out and tired, with his eyes heavy and skin pale.

It appeared that Suzuki Sama has been under a lot of stress, since the last time I saw him at the Shenmue Online Chinese convention. He looked much healthier 4 years back.

I don't know if it was stress, as a psychologist I tend to favor psychological reasons, however even an untreated cold can act as a catalyst for aging, and can contribute to severe hair loss.

His dressing echoed his physical appearance, wearing a worn out blazer, and a white shirt with blue stripes. Suzuki wasn't sporting any extra accessories.

I hope he's feeling alright, his balding scalp makes his ears look really large.

I took quite a few pictures from conference, that I've given to Nuckles so I hope he uploads them for you all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline cube_b3

Re: So that Shenmue Conference & Segata
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 02:03:38 pm »
Oh, I found some more pictures from the conference still on my pc. :D

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 05:07:12 pm »
Segata is a model and actor, Yu Suzuki is a regular guy. The way Segata looks at his age isn't natural, man has superb genes, that is for sure.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »
The way you described it cube, I kind of understand where you're coming from now. Maybe he did have a tough time...

But I think you're paying a little bit too much attention to his appearance. I mean... why? His ears looking large, why would you even pay attention to his ears  :| ?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 09:29:38 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 09:23:54 pm »
The man can look how ever old he links and can smell like pickled onions for all I care... Hes a god and will be treated as one.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 10:28:51 pm »
Ears and noses never stop growing. That is why I hate them.

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 12:24:38 am »
So does anybody have the conference that they can make downloadable?

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 02:51:33 am »
It really isn't worth watching.  Look at a few pictures, but you'll regret wasting time trying to find a video and then wasting more time watching it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 03:44:40 am »
What is it with cube and men's fashion? It's rather peculiar.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 11:39:38 am »
I have to admit my comment about his ears was disrespectful and stupid, I should have never written that. In hindsight I don't think I should have disguised this thread as a fashion analysis, cause I was conducting a mental status exam.

I watched him carefully through out the conference, and he wasn't looking good. I've watched several videos off him doing interviews and interacting with the press and the man standing here wasn't the same old Suzuki. The last time I saw him was at China Joy and... well the pictures will do the talking.

Here is a photograph from 2006
taken at China Joy 06.

South East Asians are genetically lucky, they age really well I can tell you this from 1st hand experiences, we have a lot of Chinese, Taiwanese etc people in Pakistan. Perhaps comparing him to a professional martial artist / voice actor wasn't a good comparison. So I will compare his aging to...

Here look at Yuji Naka over the last 20 years:

Oldest picture I could find, probably during the 90s.

Now let's fast forward a decade later

Please don't get distracted.

and now the most recent picture

Do you see what I am getting at?

Offline George

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 11:52:21 am »
Yu aged fine, his hair is the same as it was before, just cut shorter. I mean, what you want him to do about genetics? For being 52 years old he looks great. Yuji is 45 years old. You compare Suzuki in his 40's to Yuji and they look about the same.

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2010, 12:35:24 pm »
Yeah, but I still want the video. I just need to see something of Shenmue besides screens, it's been too long.