Author Topic: Fake Trailer for Sonic Adventure 3  (Read 5363 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Fake Trailer for Sonic Adventure 3
« on: December 05, 2010, 12:57:57 pm »
Alright this is a pretty good fake trailer:

[youtube:3uzenoon]P8P_OwSfTLM[/youtube:3uzenoon]

The choice of music is wrong in my opinion, but the editing is fantastic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Sonic Adventure 3
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 01:11:47 pm »
Uhh so I give you that the editing is pretty nice, but apart from sonic adventure 1, the trailer just shows everything that has been wrong about sonic in the last couple of years. I don't think it's a great trailer at all.

Some time ago they decided to delist all of those horrible games that have gotten an average score under the 7's. Which is really the direction I want sonicteam to take. Forgetting about the past and move on. Forget about abominations like Sonic 06, shadow the hedgehog, black knight and more.

If they would ever make a trailer for a sonic adventure 3. I'd rather have them few the classics, the saturn titles, sonic adventure 1 and that's it. Sonic adventure 2 was good but "theme-wise" it went in the wrong direction compared to the beautiful direction of sonic adventure 1.

Offline cube_b3

Re: Fake Trailer for Sonic Adventure 3
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 02:07:01 pm »
:S The Saturn had the worst Sonic games.
Sonic R & Sonic 3D Blast games aren't even made by Sonic Team.

Also when talking about Sonic 06, you should consider it as an Alpha product a treasure like Sonic X-treme or Sonic Crackers. Only difference it accidentally got released. Had the game been completed with stupid functions (such as the Green Crystal for Sonic) removed and bugs (and the awful load times) fixed it would've been worthy of Sonic Adventure 3.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 02:17:41 pm »
Sonic 3D Blast was amazing! >.>

Also, I agree with CT. It also has "Apply rainbow seizure 20x speed to footage"

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 02:36:01 pm »
Everything I despise about sonic today in one convenient video!  Thank you!  Here's hoping this never happens.  
Quote from: "cube_b3"

Also when talking about Sonic 06, you should consider it as an Alpha product a treasure like Sonic X-treme or Sonic Crackers. Only difference it accidentally got released. Had the game been completed with stupid functions (such as the Green Crystal for Sonic) removed and bugs (and the awful load times) fixed it would've been worthy of Sonic Adventure 3.

You're insane.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 02:49:13 pm »

Yeah, i'd leave sonic R out of the list. But sonic 3d blast allthough not great next to previous games was still a good game.

Oh yeah, and I don't know if anyone has noticed, but if you pause everytime at the beginning(intro) of the video... well just watch.

Never read a sonic archie before. Now I won't ever even consider to give it a chance.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 03:37:07 pm »
1 second clips of Sonic characters doing things with overused music does not make a good trailer.

Also, Sonic Adventure 3 would mean more shitty characters, more playing as the shitty characters, more things most people don't want in a Sonic game. Yes, Sonic 06 would be "worthy of being Sonic Adventure 3" if you fixed most of the bugs, but it would still be a shitty game. It would still have shitty level design and one of the worst stories in a videogame of this generation. The only way Sonic 06 could be good is if it was a completely different game.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 02:08:04 am »
All I can say is, thank god that shit isn’t real.

I'm not even sold on the editing to be honest, I felt like I was going to have an epileptic fit and I don't have epilepsy.

The trailer seems to capture everything I hate about the Sonic series... Dark plots, Aliens, Apocalypse... It even has the American comics at the start... This is the first sign it’ll be bad.

Yeah... Not sold!
Made by SEGA

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 05:06:07 am »
I made a sig to celebrate this fake trailer.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 05:20:42 am »
Quote from: "Radrappy"
Everything I despise about sonic today in one convenient video!  Thank you!  Here's hoping this never happens.  

You're insane.

Now see this is a personal attack, and disrespectful.

Do you think Sonic 06 was a finished game?
Do you think the current build is anywhere near a finished product, even the engine isn't functioning properly. There isn't a single element in the game that is properly functional, none of the new gameplay concepts look like they were even play tested Instead oh Sonic's familiar Charged spin dash (all enemies eliminating attack from SA1/2) has been replaced by a Green Crystal Tornado attack that doesn't even kill enemies.

And I am talking about the games title character, he isn't functional. Do I even need to discuss the other characters?

As for the video the only thing I don't like are clips off Sonic Heroes only cause the graphics look poor, and their are faaar to many characters. Sonic Universe has rich characters, but the characters in heroes are way more then necessary.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 05:48:39 am by cube_b3 »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 05:24:04 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 is by far the worst major game from a major publisher and even if you consider the game is incomplete, which many do anyway, it by far is one of the worst designed games and does not excel at any one thing.

To be able to say anything good about Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 frankly, makes me question anyone's tastes, even with certain special requirements.

And that trailer was terrible, showcases everything wrong with the series.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 08:23:02 am »
Agreed on the awfulness of the trailer, mainly for the content. It is almost is a call to action for somebody to create a better trailer, which I might just do before 2011 ends...

I don't think SEGA would create a Sonic Adventure 3 for the 20th anniversary (or otherwise) because the series does not call for it. '06 was essentially Sonic Adventure 3 and Unleashed was essentially Sonic Adventure 4 (or a new Adventure series as evidenced by the Japanese name of the game). Both those games were misses ('06 was MUCH more of a miss than Unleashed was). While yes, SEGA has gone back to the 2D games with Sonic 4, I can't see a SA3 coming about.

If Sonic Adventure 3 did happen, it would be one of these two scenarios: Either the game would be a direct sequel to SA2 (making it a prequel to Heroes and Shadow) or it would loosly follow Unleashed and Colors yet would have the title of Sonic Adventure 3. Both of those scenarios are stupid.

Sonic Adventure 3's ship sailed when Heroes was decided to be the next game in the series. Rather than improving and expanding on what worked in SA2 and making an SA3, they went with the wonky team gameplay and simplified to story to the point that even Sonic the Hedgehog 3 has a deeper story than Heroes.

I think SEGA's best course of action would be to continue taking what works from a previous game, expand it in the next game, continue the naming convention of "Sonic (insert word here)" and once they find that perfect mix for the perfect Sonic game, start with the numbered sequels.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 12:48:02 pm »
I agree that for all intents and purposes Sonic 06 is SA3.

Heroes although is another game, even though it picks up the story from SA2, Sonic 06 is the game that went back to the original formula.

One of the few things I enjoyed about 06 was character swapping, at certain points you would change characters, unlike heroes you weren't chained together and you can still see the other character fighting besides you.

And best of all the character switch didn't require a phenomenally long loading.

But even that feature was poorly implemented almost all the time.

Offline Sloth_26XX

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2010, 01:55:44 pm »
Alright this is a pretty good fake trailer:

[youtube:1enam1ty]P8P_OwSfTLM[/youtube:1enam1ty]

The choice of music is wrong in my opinion, but the editing is fantastic.

This trailer is magnificent! It contains everything I don't want to see in a Sonic game. Thank you so much. Next time someone wants to know what I don't want to see in a Sonic  game I can just link them to this video.