Author Topic: SEGA's best third party year?  (Read 7352 times)

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA's best third party year?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 12:35:25 pm »
Next year DC digital releases are going to be hot, don't neglect to mention those..

I would love another arcade title digital release like AFC, but not sure if they are afraid of that conflicting with their DC digital strategy.

So, is Episode II going to be released next year?

Can't wait for Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Grind Radio, and, of course, Shenmue 1 & 2 hopefully being released digitally next year.

Of The End and Shenmue City releases are going to be hot in 2011.

It's really hard to argue stuff like is 2002 better than 2011, but if you guys are going to write a year end article on this, which is a nice idea, conclude it with something like 2010 was the "turning point" in Sega's history as a third-party. I only see Sega getting stronger from here on out, not only with quality releases but growing digital revenues.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 09:16:24 am »
It's really hard to argue stuff like is 2002 better than 2011, but if you guys are going to write a year end article on this,

No its really easy, if we're talking about the publishing side then yes this a great year, but if we're talking about the In-House development  on the console side, then it's a complete different story

Super Monkey Ball II, Panzer Dragoon Orta, House Of The Dead III, SEGA GT 2002, NFL 2K3, VF 4, Shenmue II (X-Box), GUNVALKYRIE
Space Channel 5 Part II was just SEGA best year as a 3rd party developer (for me).
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 02:43:03 am »
I haven't seen any mention of Aliens vs. Predator yet, I thought that was another great game released by SEGA this year.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 06:19:41 am »
I don't think anyone mentioned it because SEGA totally killed the game by the way they handled it. No DLC for console versions after it was a big hit. Its like spanking your child after he says his first words. Outraged the community.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 08:49:03 am »
Quote from: "George"
I don't think anyone mentioned it because SEGA totally killed the game by the way they handled it. No DLC for console versions after it was a big hit. Its like spanking your child after he says his first words. Outraged the community.

Still, the core game is very good. The single player campaigns are a lot of fun and there are some loyal players who continue to play in multiplayer.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 05:38:16 pm »
I thought that the Console Version DID have DLC?

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 06:19:25 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I thought that the Console Version DID have DLC?

Yeah, we got two or three map packs.
Unlimited Continues:

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2010, 11:31:11 am »
Quote from: "Sega Stylista"
Next year DC digital releases are going to be hot, don't neglect to mention those..

I would love another arcade title digital release like AFC, but not sure if they are afraid of that conflicting with their DC digital strategy.

So, is Episode II going to be released next year?

Can't wait for Sonic Adventure 2, Jet Grind Radio, and, of course, Shenmue 1 & 2 hopefully being released digitally next year.

Of The End and Shenmue City releases are going to be hot in 2011.

It's really hard to argue stuff like is 2002 better than 2011, but if you guys are going to write a year end article on this, which is a nice idea, conclude it with something like 2010 was the "turning point" in Sega's history as a third-party. I only see Sega getting stronger from here on out, not only with quality releases but growing digital revenues.
I don't, Fair enough Sega has started to swing the balance between their home, arcade releases but there are still fundemental problems.
Sega Japan still needs to release more international games from the consumer side, at the moment they're still making a lot more japan centric titles that not everyone on these shores will ever see(or play) It seems the second party and Sega west are delivering the goods when it comes to Sega games. Until that's sorted out nothing much will change.
Balance it with new arcade ports and we shall see
Marketing is still a major problem and it seems there's no coincidence that with a weak (non exisistant) Sega America, the Sega brand name just won't be able to push forward to different users regardless on how great the game might be. Too many well made titles have been lost because of this major factor.