Author Topic: Ryu Ga Gotoku of the END ( Demo Impressions )  (Read 20260 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku of the END ( Demo Impressions )
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2011, 02:40:09 pm »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
New comers ? I tell you what even season gamers have trouble with Yakuza of the End controls . And I don't buy people having trouble with dual controls at all, it is what hurt the PSP and the DC when it came to a lot of games.

I have met dozens of people who never really played 3D games and were really damn confused about using two sticks at the same time. I am not saying either way is better, just that not everyone can jump into it right away.

The first console in years to only have one stick is Wii, and I heard that did pretty good.

In any event, I am sure the game will be good and will definitely appeal to the people who are not usually fans of third person shooters as well as some who do, like myself.

The Lego games in terms of Shaders  (self shadow ) and textures look better In-Game. Yakuza may look incredible with the Cut scenes, but seriously goes down hill In-Game. The Tech was never that impresssive with Kenzan and it's been improved little since.

I cannot believe this even came up in the argument. Yakuza games are not very impressive outside of the cutscenes and a few smaller rooms, but the LEGO games use so much less resources that it really is not comparable at all.

It is not like Nagoshi is wasting the budget on the same game over and over again either, each Yakuza release is unique enough to be better than it's previous release but to not make it obsolete entirely, which is not the case for the Phantasy Star series - which has not innovated in over ten years. In the case of Sonic games, they just cannot stick to one thing and always change far too much, separating the fans on everything. Would you prefer they did this?

He still produces it, mind you his name is in every SEGA game these days (Far worse than Naka).

=/

I'll not blame Nagoshi, but the SEGA board for the overuse and cheap cash-ins with Monkeyball IP,and the tech behind the last few MB games and even the new one, is laughably poor. Monkeball II look quite brilliant and still looks better than any MB game ever since and even the new 3DS game , but worse than that is the last few MB games just seemed to have lostt the charm and brilliant gameplay from the 1st Two games

Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 were very impressive indeed, but their level design was just based off of basic shapes and stuff, whereas the newer games are usually shaped after trees, buildings and the like. To be honest I think this hurt the game a bit, but that should not detract from the overall graphical quality of them. I think even today that games like Banana Blitz and Step and Roll are some of the best looking Wii games, which says more about the state of Wii games than it does the Monkey Ball IP.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2011, 03:03:45 pm »
Something about that Monkey Ball game looks totally wrong...
Do... do you control the ball and not the level... That would be weird.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2011, 03:22:00 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Something about that Monkey Ball game looks totally wrong...
Do... do you control the ball and not the level... That would be weird.

Yeah, I thought that was strange too, but I do not think the "Main" games will change to something like this.

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2011, 10:48:38 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
A skill based ticket machine? I don't think I've seen that before.

More modern arcade like Round 1 and Dave and Busters have tons of them. They're a way to get folks to play video games outside of the house.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »
I want a House of the Dead ticket game. Tickets come out of the chest cavity of a plastic body, like intestines.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2011, 02:13:00 pm »
I have met dozens of people who never really played 3D games and were really damn confused about using two sticks at the same time

Everyone will at the start, I know loads that can't get used to a PC mouse to begin with; with a little work its the best way to control the icon, and having a 2nd stick is really the best way to control a camera in game

The first console in years to only have one stick is Wii, and I heard that did pretty good

I hear that the likes of GTA and COD sell well on the consoles and what controls do they use ? and you don't get massive sales like those tiles from just the Diehard gamers .

I cannot believe this even came up in the argument. Yakuza games are not very impressive outside of the cutscenes and a few smaller rooms, but the LEGO games use so much less resources that it really is not comparable at all

Lego games are better in the shaders they use water effects ect (harldy CPU intensive) But if you want to be fair, compare Yakuza to real Open world games like GTA IV (getting on for 4 year old) Red Read, Assassins Creed  and its miles behind, compare it to similar games for Human Modelling like Mass Effect II, Heavy Rain and gain it's just way way behind.

It is not like Nagoshi is wasting the budget on the same game over and over again either, each Yakuza release is unique enough to be better than it's previous release but to not make it obsolete entirely, which is not the case for the Phantasy Star series

I'm sorry ?. What's really new in Yakuza III that really wasn't in Yakuza II, what is so new in Yakuza IV that wasn't in Yak III . Yaukza IV looks and plays depressingly like Yak III and is using all the games previous assets

In the case of Sonic games, they just cannot stick to one thing and always change far too much, separating the fans on everything. Would you prefer they did this?

Nice try but that doesn't cut it. HALO reach may play like HALO III, but at least there's new tech and new World and Art to explore,look at; GTA IV plays much the same as the previous games, but again in comes brand new tech and completely  different new World and Cities , so at least it feels and looks that little bit different , and that goes for many new games. With the latest Yakuza games,  its the same world, the same recycled animations, the same mini games, the same City

=/

Nagoshi name is in almost every game SEGA now Produces, even the likes of Sonic Adv on XBLA .

To be honest I think this hurt the game a bit, but that should not detract from the overall graphical quality of them. I think even today that games like Banana Blitz and Step and Roll are some of the best looking Wii games

I think the new ones look pretty poor, but more importantly they play terrible . They aren't as much fun, the music is far worse (one of the best parts of the 1st two) and the Mini games are terrible for the most part (the best part of the 1st two for me). Shocking to see the series go down hill faster than Sonic
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 02:56:17 pm »
Everyone will at the start, I know loads that can't get used to a PC mouse to begin with; with a little work its the best way to control the icon, and having a 2nd stick is really the best way to control a camera in game

It depends on the game, but I agree on this usually. In OF THE END the issue is not the movement of the camera, but the aiming. Like I said, some people prefer it like this. Not most, which is why it is rare.

I hear that the likes of GTA and COD sell well on the consoles and what controls do they use ? and you don't get massive sales like those tiles from just the Diehard gamers .

Yes, those games have evolved a lot in the past ten years, Yakuza is six years old. Give it time and it will evolve too. I am sure Yakuza 5 (which is most likely in development now) will run on new tech, or at least highly improved.

Lego games are better in the shaders they use water effects ect (harldy CPU intensive) But if you want to be fair, compare Yakuza to real Open world games like GTA IV (getting on for 4 year old) Red Read, Assassins Creed  and its miles behind, compare it to similar games for Human Modelling like Mass Effect II, Heavy Rain and gain it's just way way behind.

All of the games you just mentioned literally have more than twice the budget and staff of each Yakuza game. This is not a fair comparison at all either.

A closer and more fair comparison would be to something like Tales of games.

I'm sorry ?. What's really new in Yakuza III that really wasn't in Yakuza II, what is so new in Yakuza IV that wasn't in Yak III . Yaukza IV looks and plays depressingly like Yak III and is using all the games previous assets

I am not talking about graphics or anything here. I am talking about their plots, settings, substories and characters.

The changes to the game are just the right amount I think, and really is on par with what is changed with titles like Grand Theft Auto, Halo and Assassins Creed with nothing too jarring that could scare away the fans outside of OF THE END. In that case, how many mafia game series have a spinoff with zombies? Zombies on their own are done to death, but together it is about as original as you can get.

Nice try but that doesn't cut it. HALO reach may play like HALO III, but at least there's new tech and new World and Art to explore,look at; GTA IV plays much the same as the previous games, but again in comes brand new tech and completely  different new World and Cities , so at least it feels and looks that little bit different , and that goes for many new games. With the latest Yakuza games,  its the same world, the same recycled animations, the same mini games, the same City

Again, you are comparing this to some of the biggest games in the industry, SEGA cannot spend that kind of money on a series that only does well in one region, it would be an insane move.

But on that I can agree on the reused animations, but almost all of the games take you to new locations like Kansai, Okinawa and some others. I can understand why you are upset with how they use the same location, but I love how much personality it gives Kamurocho... Every little building has some kind of crazy story behind it, I love that.

But for the minigames, look how many people freak out about SEGA changing the minigames in Super Monkey Ball. People like the minigames they have here, if you do not, you do not need to play them. All of them are optional. At least SEGA does not charge $15 for them as DLC, like Activision does with classic Call of Duty maps.

I think the new ones look pretty poor, but more importantly they play terrible . They aren't as much fun, the music is far worse (one of the best parts of the 1st two) and the Mini games are terrible for the most part (the best part of the 1st two for me). Shocking to see the series go down hill faster than Sonic

I agree that they play worse (though this has everything to do with the design of the levels and nothing to do with them milking the series), but the music I cannot agree on. Banana Blitz and Step & Roll have wonderful soundtracks, some stand out tracks are some of my favorite from SEGA in years.

The minigames are pretty bad though. Whatever they did in Banana Blitz was unacceptable, but they are slowly getting better. I am not sure why they do not just use ones from the first two again.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2011, 12:44:09 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
But on that I can agree on the reused animations, but almost all of the games take you to new locations like Kansai, Okinawa and some others. I can understand why you are upset with how they use the same location, but I love how much personality it gives Kamurocho... Every little building has some kind of crazy story behind it, I love that.

This is so true. All through Yakuza 3 I was thinking to myself 'Oh yeah, this is the bar where you find Haruka', 'This is the Batting Cage where you fight Majima the first time', 'This is the hobo gambling den!'.

It's a really cool touch.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2011, 02:40:54 am »
Yes, those games have evolved a lot in the past ten years, Yakuza is six years old. Give it time and it will evolve too. I am sure Yakuza 5 (which is most likely in development now) will run on new tech, or at least highly improved

No really COD is now going the same way of Yakuza, using the same old tech, but at least the developers have 2 years between each title. GTA has changed little since it went 3D, but to Take Two credit, the Team is given a massive Budget and 3 to 4 years development time and its shows with GTA IV, we're still waiting for GTA 5 some 4 years after GTA IV, and that's looking over how both COD and GTA use the dual sticks and yet get massive sales showing both the casuals and Die-Hards are able to handle the controls.

In OF THE END the issue is not the movement of the camera, but the aiming. Like I said, some people prefer it like this

It's one of the worst aiming systems I ever seen in any game . It's hard enough for a experienced gamer, it will be a nightmare for a newcomer.

All of the games you just mentioned literally have more than twice the budget and staff of each Yakuza game. This is not a fair comparison at all either

No , and you being such a fan of Yakuza, should know how long the game titles take to roll and the number of staff involved with each production (more than Heavy Rain, Fable III), never mind how each Yakuza Cost SEGA over 25 million to make, so the same sort of Budget that each Mass Effect Takes. and while Read Dead and GTA IV costs double what the likes of Mass Effect does, they we both in development for 4 years for each, and if one adds up what SEGA spent on developing Kezan, Yakuza III, IV in the same period I'm sure it would be as much as Read Dead Cost to make.

Then look at THQ, hardly and it used impressive tech in its open world red Faction Guerrilla and is using some nice tech in the new Saints Row III; What SEGA  Japan can't even battle with THQ now ?

A closer and more fair comparison would be to something like Tales of games

Oh C Mon on. You compare that,  to the likes of Val, Blue Dragoon Ect. Your more typical traditional RPG's, on that front Val pissed on the lot of them. Shame SEGA dumped the Canvas tech :(

I am not talking about graphics or anything here. I am talking about their plots, settings, substories and characters

You name one sequel that features, the exact same plots, the exact same sub stories . I'm not trying to be funny here , but I can't think of one.

Again, you are comparing this to some of the biggest games in the industry, SEGA cannot spend that kind of money on a series that only does well in one region, it would be an insane move

I think you seriously look over how much it cost SEGA to produce each Yakuza game, and how much money SEGA does spend on making each title, and in terms of Man Power Bungie team is small, compared to Yakyza Team. The Big Difference is the development time each game is given between each title. That allowed for better R&D and new worlds to be modelled.

And I said for ages SOJ is mad to spend the money it does on a title with limited WW appeal, much less make it single Platform  

But for the minigames, look how many people freak out about SEGA changing the minigames in Super Monkey Ball

The only reason people freak out is because the new Mini Games play crap in their effort to use the bullshit Wii Controls

I can understand why you are upset with how they use the same location, but I love how much personality it gives Kamurocho

Its the same old world, and after a while that gets boring. The whole game needs a new World and brand new Tech to inject much needed Freshness , and a whole new animation system, and to start to get some fully interactive environments

All of them are optional. At least SEGA does not charge $15 for them as DLC, like Activision does with classic Call of Duty maps

SOJ does charge for Download Content to Yakuza games, SEGA West charges for download content to the likes of Sonic Adv, Sonic Unleashed , SEGA All star's Racing. So lets not even go down that route

(though this has everything to do with the design of the levels and nothing to do with them milking the series)

It's linked, there is only so much one can do with a game like MoneyBall before it gets a bit stale - like with other Puzzle games to be fair

how many mafia game series have a spinoff with zombies? Zombies on their own are done to death, but together it is about as original as you can get.

C'Mon, How many WW II FPS have you seen with Zombie's before COD, how many Wild West games have you seen with Zombies before Red Dead .

I am sure Yakuza 5 (which is most likely in development now) will run on new tech, or at least highly improved.

Did you think the same for Yakuza III ? over Kenzan, or Yakuza IV, over Pt III . If the team is only given a year to develop it, then you can forget it.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2011, 04:46:19 am »
Yes, those games have evolved a lot in the past ten years, Yakuza is six years old. Give it time and it will evolve too. I am sure Yakuza 5 (which is most likely in development now) will run on new tech, or at least highly improved

No really COD is now going the same way of Yakuza, using the same old tech, but at least the developers have 2 years between each title. GTA has changed little since it went 3D, but to Take Two credit, the Team is given a massive Budget and 3 to 4 years development time and its shows with GTA IV,

Too bad GTAIV was the worst GTA.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2011, 05:38:29 am »

No really COD is now going the same way of Yakuza, using the same old tech, but at least the developers have 2 years between each title. GTA has changed little since it went 3D, but to Take Two credit, the Team is given a massive Budget and 3 to 4 years development time and its shows with GTA IV,

Too bad GTAIV was the worst GTA.

I think they've all been crap after the 1st one (which was brilliant) . Can't not look over the impressive tech used in each game since it went 3D though.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2011, 06:06:30 am »
I think they've all been crap after the 1st one (which was brilliant) . Can't not look over the impressive tech used in each game since it went 3D though.

You saying GTA2 and Vice City were crap? Maaaaan, you crazy.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2011, 07:11:13 am »

You saying GTA2 and Vice City were crap? Maaaaan, you crazy.

Yes, GTA II (DC version)  was too dark and too hard (for me) , and I've yet to like any of the 3D GTA games-  I'm not a fan of Sandbox open world gameplay: I tend to get lost and not know what to do next and that happens in all the GTA 3D games, I do love the multi player in GTA IV though (if that makes any sense)

I loved the 1st GTA played loads of GTA in my next Door Neighbours, it was that, Resident Evi l2 , MGS, Colony Wars , Iss Pro and a massive killer with F1 & the Lunars that made me really jealous I didn't have a PS
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 02:27:12 pm »
I never played DC GTA2, but the PC version was absolutely brilliant. Fantastic game and I actually want to reinstall it now just thinking about it...
Sounds like you had issues with 3D GTAs, though I'm not sure how you got lost with the mini-map always pointing you in the right direction.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 03:02:13 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

All of the games you just mentioned literally have more than twice the budget and staff of each Yakuza game. This is not a fair comparison at all either.

lol, does Yakuza sell for less than half the price?

A closer and more fair comparison would be to something like Tales of games.

I'd love to read Nagoshi's reaction to this, lol.