Author Topic: Who wants a Dreamcast 2  (Read 15656 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Who wants a Dreamcast 2
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 10:43:39 am »
Hell, with 100 million.. Give 60/70 million to Shenmue. 20million on performance sports cars. Another 6 million on a bitchin' beach house. Never work again. Get chicks. Buy complete game collections of Sega consoles.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 10:54:28 am »
Better yet, after helping with Shenmue 3 and setting up a comfortable lifestyle, buy every SEGA game and console and establish the worlds first SEGA History Museum. Charge people at the door, and allow them to play any SEGA title on the original console. They pay by the hour. Of course, they must sign an agreement that says they are responsible for any damage to a game or console. Hell, I'd pay $10 for a few hours of playing some 3D Master System titles and some original SG-1000 games.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 06:12:37 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
You know I am not in to the whole digital download thing so you may have a point.

But as far as I know Border Break, Virtua Fighter Final Showdown and several other SEGA games are not available outside the arcades. I could list maybe 15 titles by SEGA alone.

Your XBLA examples are mainly Dreamcast ports but I do believe more recent SNK games are on XBLA (don't know for sure) also the indie games I stated were Arcade indie games.

You'd find more arcade ports on the Wii then on another digital service (again not in touch with digital downloads but that's what I have observed several naomi ports that were scheduled for Dreamcast moved to the Wii and not XBLA).

You are wrong. Just the last week I bought Death Smiles Delux, Pink Sweet and Mushihimesama, and what are they if they aren't Arcade ports ? and there's quite a few more Arcade shooters on the 360 in Japan from the likes of G.rev and Cave, never mind  There were plenty of SEGA Coin Up games that were never ported to the Saturn or DC too. Blame  SEGA for the non appearance of the likes of Bordered Down, Race TV ECT.

Yes its far easier when you're the platform holder, but instead of endlessly put out 16 bit collection again and again. The people at  SEGA Japan should wake up to the fact that they could male some wonderful Arcade complication packs.

Still SEGA fans have been wishing for this, since the DC days
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 08:35:18 am »
Quote from: "crackdude"
Hell, with 100 million.. Give 60/70 million to Shenmue. 20million on performance sports cars. Another 6 million on a bitchin' beach house. Never work again. Get chicks. Buy complete game collections of Sega consoles.

Dude, with 100 Mill you could chuck it into a savings account with ~5% interest and have a yearly income of $5 Million.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 09:07:18 am »
Isn't there a risk involved in that?
SEG4GES

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2011, 12:26:04 pm »
Yes, I believe it's called 'ennui.'

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2011, 12:38:29 pm »
Deep.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 04:00:12 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's less risky than investing in sports cars.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 04:09:52 pm »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Yes its far easier when you're the platform holder, but instead of endlessly put out 16 bit collection again and again. The people at  SEGA Japan should wake up to the fact that they could male some wonderful Arcade complication packs.

The compilations we have been seeing so much of lately are almost always cheap outsourced releases. Might not even have anything to do with SEGA Japan.

Also, we are now friends forever because you have DeathSmiles.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 04:17:47 am »
You are wrong. Just the last week I bought Death Smiles Delux, Pink Sweet and Mushihimesama, and what are they if they aren't Arcade ports ? and there's quite a few more Arcade shooters on the 360 in Japan from the likes of G.rev and Cave, never mind  There were plenty of SEGA Coin Up games that were never ported to the Saturn or DC too. Blame  SEGA for the non appearance of the likes of Bordered Down, Race TV ECT.

Still SEGA fans have been wishing for this, since the DC days

So basically in your opinion nothing has changed since SEGA left the hardware industry? I personally hate the industry with big corporations sucking consumers dry.

Currently it feels like the Saturn days when the industry had it's head up it's ass in terms of value for money. With 2 greedy money minded companies running the grown up scene and a moronic cheap ass console running the kiddie scene.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 04:19:09 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
I doubt you'd be homeless. Imagine how many dorks would take you into their homes for your service!

You can live with us. I'll let you play my copy of Shenmue 3.

Yeah, but the dorks still live with their parents and they would kick him out. lol.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 07:58:31 am »
So basically in your opinion nothing has changed since SEGA left the hardware industry? I personally hate the industry with big corporations sucking consumers dry.

That was happing with in the DC day's, I really don't get this beef with big Corporations, because people could have said exactly the same think in the 80's and how it was so unfair that massive Corps like SEGA and Nintendo were killing the likes of ZX Spectrum ECT, or SEGA with its advanced 3D,  was killing smaller companies in the Arcades that just couldn't compete

Currently it feels like the Saturn days when the industry had it's head up it's ass in terms of value for money. With 2 greedy money minded companies running the grown up scene and a moronic cheap ass console running the kiddie scene

What that's got to do with lack of Arcade ports?
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 08:59:42 am »
Uh... SEGA = a big corporation.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2011, 09:43:59 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Uh... SEGA = a big corporation.

Yep and has been the case since 1980's with CSK and now SAMMY. Big corps just with other outside interests other than gaming.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 06:08:22 am »

That was happing with in the DC day's, I really don't get this beef with big Corporations, because people could have said exactly the same think in the 80's and how it was so unfair that massive Corps like SEGA and Nintendo were killing the likes of ZX Spectrum ECT, or SEGA with its advanced 3D,  was killing smaller companies in the Arcades that just couldn't compete

They went out with the Market Crash.

In the 80s and 90s video game was a niche big companies like Phillips and Panasonic failed to make a mark, and SONY with PS1 was the first big conglormerate to enter the industry.

Currently it feels like the Saturn days when the industry had it's head up it's ass in terms of value for money. With 2 greedy money minded companies running the grown up scene and a moronic cheap ass console running the kiddie scene

What that's got to do with lack of Arcade ports?

Nothing, that was a seperate point.
The point with this post was that durring te SATURN era SEGA had turned into a big dum fucking company exploiting consumers of hard earned money with new hardware after hardware.

Not giving a damn about people who bought 32X and abandoing it immediately. With the Dreamcast a small under dog entered the scene which gave you value for money.

4 Controller ports from the get go unlikely the fucking PS2 where you had to buy 2 multitaps for 4 controller ports.
Built in Modem.
Pack in Browser.
Pack in Sonic Adventure (or Chu Chu Rocket in England)

As well as a Generator or Dream on Demo Disk.

On the other hand when I bought that shitty Xbox 360 Elite RE5, it didn't have basic stuff like rechargable battries or a wifi adapter all the things that PS3 ships with.

MS is the running winner in US so they didn't give a damn about how much money consumers have to spend. SONY isn't anything better either.

The industry needs an underdog who prevent the industry from losing perspective and look beyong the profit and loss account.