Author Topic: Who wants a Dreamcast 2  (Read 15662 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Who wants a Dreamcast 2
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2011, 11:49:04 am »
How does it denote a problem?) with MS or SONY. Well maybe Sony, I had one back in the day

When people use terms like this

I never bought the original puke box

I bought the 360 for the backward computability

Why since you never owned a X-Box ?

I was simply never interested in the X-Box and the way MS dumped it, I was right not to buy it.
Yo missed on classic and 4 year support is hardly dumping a system.

As it didn't come with 2 controllers, rechargeable batteries, Wireless adapter or even FREAKING HDMI cables!!! So I was screwed (but it is my fault for not looking into all the details, I just assumed ELITE would have more then just disk space).

Did our DC's come with 2 joypads, VGA cable or a 'FREAKING' Scart or S-Video cable , did it come with a Rumble pack too ?. OMG we were all so screwed .

And you would assume  right that the ELITE was more than disc space. It was the 1st 360 with HDMI support , and it came with a HDMI cable

I am Pissed that the elite I bought had nothing except disk space.

see answer above

Hold on a damn second, just because they say it is 399.99 doesn't mean it is that price.

We’re happy to (officially) announce the Exclusive Red Xbox 360 Resident Evil Limited Edition Console.

Available the same day Resident Evil 5 ships to store shelves, Friday, March 13, Xbox 360 fans will be able to pick up the bundle featuring an exclusive red Xbox 360.  Included will be the Limited Edition red Wireless Controller, black Xbox 360 Headset, a 120 GB Hard Drive, exclusive premium “Resident Evil 5” theme (downloadable via Xbox LIVE) and more all included at no additional charge for the price of US $399. (ERP) Supplies are very limited, so if you want in on this action, you may want to pre-order soon.

http://http://majornelson.com/2009/02/24/officially-announcing-the-resident-evil-limited-edition-console/

The bundle contains:

Xbox 360 Elite Console with Exclusive Red Finish
    Matching red wireless controller
    120GB hard drive
    Resident Evil 5
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    Exclusive Resident Evil Premium Theme
    Xbox 360 black wired headset
    HDTV-ready component HD AV, HDMI and Ethernet cables

You were ripped off by $100 and Kept the HDMI cable & SF HD . BOY did they see you coming

I had a red controller so I couldn't buy the White Battery pack

I have Silver and just buy the Black one

I thankfully got mine with 2 6 button controllers

Only SOJ offically included the 6 button pad. SOA and SOE did not.

I loved buying Rumble Packs, Jump Pak, Puru Puru, Vibration Pack

And yet don't like buying a battery pack  :roll:  

Had a newer batch of DC's been produced without Broad Band

SEGA were still producing DC after it brought out the BB adaptor, yet never inclucded them and also remember both SOJ and SOE only included the 33K modem.

Better models are released

Yes they are, so why the Beef with MS ? They're only doing just what SEGA did in the past .

With the 360 things were different, especially the Elite bundle which practically offered nothing more than hard disk space.
Offering a 100 Gig Bigger Hard Drive and HDMI out was a big deal to me

SEGA was very good to me, as mentioned my MD2 came with 2 controllers and Sonic 2. While I was busy with my MD2 the market quickly threw out SEGACD,32x and Saturn

And if you buy a Slim 360 MS would be very good to you with the packs they're offering . It really is no different , same for SONY
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2011, 01:28:21 pm »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
puke box

Because it was basically a PC, with a DC controller down to the VMU Slots and abandoned immediately after the next console came out.

I bought the 360 for the backward computability
Why since you never owned a X-Box ?

Why else? I thought I'd eventually get to play HH:R, Sonic Heroes, CT3, JSRF and so on.

Yo missed on classic and 4 year support is hardly dumping a system.

Compared to PS2's 10 year support?

Did our DC's come with 2 joypads, VGA cable or a 'FREAKING' Scart or S-Video cable , did it come with a Rumble pack too ?. OMG we were all so screwed .

DC didn't come in an elite edition and I bought it for less than 150$ with Sonic Adventure, Web Browser 2.0, and Generator Pack in.

By the way vibrators were really cheap.

The bundle contains:

Xbox 360 Elite Console with Exclusive Red Finish
    Matching red wireless controller
    120GB hard drive
    Resident Evil 5
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    Exclusive Resident Evil Premium Theme
    Xbox 360 black wired headset
    HDTV-ready component HD AV, HDMI and Ethernet cables

You were ripped off by $100 and Kept the HDMI cable & SF HD . BOY did they see you coming

It was actually my sister, I was in Pakistan at the time and I was lucky to get the thing as it was a preorder item only and it has better resale value than a normal 360, so my investment wasn't that bad.

I bought it off Best Buy not the store you'd expect to con customers. It is weird cause my 360 was sealed, I ripped off myself and the only thing missing was the HDMI cable it had normal cables only.

I did the math you have to pay significantly 30$ tax so it is 430$ retail price. That additional warranty was legit as well.

Still no where near enough value for money!

You are right though I should've been a more intelligent buyer, shouldn't have gotten impulsive and bought an elite. But the thing is I've always bought a console for Resident Evil, so I couldn't pass the opportunity to buy an actual RE system.

In hindsight the unsatisfactory conclusion to the series, also added to my disdain for 360.

Only SOJ offically included the 6 button pad. SOA and SOE did not.

Then they were dicks, but we all know that 2 years into the Genesis SEGA was wearing their own ass like a hat. Fortunately Pakistan didn't suffer to bad at the hands of SEGA's ignorance, shop keepers still regularly stock brand new Genesis's (made under license in Taiwan with built in games - but no TecToy fancy touches) but very very few shop keepers stocked more than a handful of the add ons as they didn't sell well, so once they sold out they never ordered more.

An Average Pakistani gamer thinks the SEGA CD and Saturn are one in the same.

I loved buying Rumble Packs, Jump Pak, Puru Puru, Vibration Pack

And yet don't like buying a battery pack  :roll:  

As I told you I bought 2 Red controllers with rechargeable batteries.

I have a dc collection and having all color rumble packs and vmu is important to any collectors.

SEGA were still producing DC after it brought out the BB adaptor, yet never included them and also remember both SOJ and SOE only included the 33K modem.

With a quote:
The Dreamcast Broadband Adapter (often abbreviated to BBA) is an accessory that was released for the Dreamcast. The console originally came equipped with a 56 or 33.6K modem for use with dial-up Internet access but the release of the broadband adapter on January 10, 2001 allowed the Dreamcast to utilize broadband Internet access. The device can be used for web browsing, gaming and all of the other functions accessible using dial-up access. Shortly after its release, the adapter also became one of the items used to copy Dreamcast GD-ROMs, much faster than was previously possible.

Dreamcast had been out of production long before 2001, they did produce limited edition R7 units though... It was a 60$ Peripheral for a Dreamcast that was selling for 75 - 100$. Packing it in would be insane. Where as having it in an Elite 360 in 2009 would've been courteous.

And if you buy a Slim 360 MS would be very good to you with the packs they're offering . It really is no different , same for SONY

The 360 is a disappointment to me, if you want to know more in detail pm me your ID and we can do it over MSN.

:)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2011, 02:21:19 pm »
Because it was basically a PC, with a DC controller down to the VMU Slots and abandoned immediately after the next console came out

And just what do you think the DC was ?. If that wasn't a console using PC Parts to Power it's inners. And the slots in the X-Box were for the Memory card, and the reason why you couldn't do the same for the 360 was due the fact the pad was wireless.

Why else? I thought I'd eventually get to play HH:R, Sonic Heroes, CT3, JSRF and so on.

Why not just buy a X-Box?,  far cheaper and every title guaranteed to work. I don't remember the DC being able to play Saturn games either .

Compared to PS2's 10 year support

So we like SONY now ? How long as MS supported the 360 I think we're in to year 6 (has long as SEGA ever supported it own consoles)  and they show no signs of dropping the system.

DC didn't come in an elite edition

No we just have Limited or Special Editions , including the SEGA Sports DC, the Biohazard DC, Metallic Silver DC (stunning system) and GOD knows how many more.

btw Rechargeable batteries are really cheap

It was actually my sister

Doesn't matter , whoever it was. They ripped you off and saw you coming . One can hardly blame MS for that.

I did the math

Really , yet paid $500. Keep it coming

I have a dc collection and having all color rumble packs and vmu is important to any collectors

Really explain why nearly  all official DC rumble packs were the same (Grey Colour). I should also point out that you can buy multi Coloured rechargeable Battery packs

Dreamcast had been out of production long before 2001

Nice try, but SEGA were still selling the DC in 2001 and the BB adaptor came out before SEGA pulled the Plug .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Turkish

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2011, 01:44:39 pm »
I hope next gen Sega returns to the console industry! :)

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 05:19:36 am »
I want Sega to return, with all their first party studios and all that jazz. Not gonna happen, but it has happened in my dreams.

Richard Branston buys them out and saves us all. What a bad ass.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:34:49 pm by TaroYamada »

Offline Nathan0_0

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 08:32:08 am »
Just play SEGAGAGA. Get the best interns, make the best games, bask in fake SEGA glory.