Author Topic: Spiral Knights(OT) - Of Online Free Game and Clockwork Gears  (Read 23852 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Spiral Knights(OT) - Of Online Free Game and Clockwork Gears
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2011, 07:17:32 pm »
Hehe yeah was really fun playing with ya Taro. I did my best to explain the system but im sure it'll grow on ya soon.

I am personally really starting to love the game. It just started but I can see the game growing as more people have been active with each day. The game has potential to become very large. The system encourages you to invest a little bit of cash so now and then as it helps you progress and gives you an extra boost. I actually ended up investing some.

I think I saw SEGAismysavior coming online for a sec. It'd be cool to see more of you often :p
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 09:57:38 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2011, 08:00:03 pm »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"
Quote from: "Sharky"
Hello, Welcome to the forum!

The founder of SegaShiro (DJFob) is an acquaintances of mine, when his forum had a bug or glitch of some kind he asked if he could use our forums.

I agree it’s time to link all Sega communities. Small pockets of Sega fans will wither and fade away but if there’s a big, active community then I think we can keep a much healthier fanbase. That is one of my goals with Segabits.

Yeah, I'll see about getting some of the old SEGAFanatic regulars over here. There weren't too many though. In regards to SEGAShiro; When I wrote the closing down post (which was never published) I originally recommended SEGAShiro as our replacement, is DJFob in these forums any? He should be if he isn't. Really the only major SEGA sites currently standing with proven, lasting, communities are SEGA-16 and RadioSEGA. I guess the SEGA forums, but that place is kind of frightening.... I don't think I really need to say why.

In regards to Spiral Knights: Played a bit with CrazyTails, pretty fun stuff, we did a few floors, game needs a jump button even though I am not sure what they would use it for, maybe work it into some combos? Will likely be playing later tonight.

JD Fod is a member I believe but he rarely if ever posts.

I also knew the founder of RadioSega, 'SegaMark' but he’s gone now. Someone else runs it now. Their forum is pretty dead compared to ours.

Oh yeah and bring them over, bring everyone over you know!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2011, 09:29:55 pm »

I also knew the founder of RadioSega, 'SegaMark' but he’s gone now. Someone else runs it now. Their forum is pretty dead compared to ours.

I am sorry to hear SegaMark left, that is super unfortunate. There was another guy there back when I was active in that community that left, Mufasa I believe, it became a lot more boring without him. At least they still have the most killer tunes out there though. With SEGAFanatic I wanted to keep it open, but it just got too exhausting as it really just became me as the sole writer and my original cohort sort of dropped off. Out of 450 posts, I wrote 401. I also did the only video review we ever had, haha. It was fun, but a lot of work and time goes into it and it's even harder when you don't really have the community around you to appreciate it.

Also, Spiral Knights related question: Does anybody know if there are plans for Player Vs. Player stuff in the future?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2011, 09:37:36 pm »

I am sorry to hear SegaMark left, that is super unfortunate. There was another guy there back when I was active in that community that left, Mufasa I believe, it became a lot more boring without him. At least they still have the most killer tunes out there though. With SEGAFanatic I wanted to keep it open, but it just got too exhausting as it really just became me as the sole writer and my original cohort sort of dropped off. Out of 450 posts, I wrote 401. I also did the only video review we ever had, haha. It was fun, but a lot of work and time goes into it and it's even harder when you don't really have the community around you to appreciate it.

Also, Spiral Knights related question: Does anybody know if there are plans for Player Vs. Player stuff in the future?
I remember that Mufasa guy too, I think he MAY still post every once in a while.

Yeah it is very hard to find committed writers and yeah it's hard work for nothing in return. Then you get the odd douche bag telling you that you're not professional enough as if this is my real job! ffffuu!

Anyway, on topic: There was PvP in the Beta but they took it out as it wasn't popular. They did say that they'll bring it back eventually when they have spiced it up a bit and made it more interesting.
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2011, 09:59:42 pm »
I remember that Mufasa guy too, I think he MAY still post every once in a while.

Yeah it is very hard to find committed writers and yeah it's hard work for nothing in return. Then you get the odd douche bag telling you that you're not professional enough as if this is my real job! ffffuu!

Anyway, on topic: There was PvP in the Beta but they took it out as it wasn't popular. They did say that they'll bring it back eventually when they have spiced it up a bit and made it more interesting.

Oh, haha, I just remembered you from there. I knew I had seen your username elsewhere. I was Shoshokid back on those forums, if you remember that at all, which you may or may not. Luckily I never had any comments regarding how professional I was, but I also didn't have too many comments period LOL. You guys have a post on your front page with 28 comments or so, my most commented story ever I think got 8... Not entirely sure. Under 10.

Glad to hear there are some PvP plans though, the game has a lot of potential. I just hope I don't get too burned out on MMOs before PSO 2 hits : (. Before this it was FF11 which I quit in like 2004, then I tried WoW, it seemed pretty much like a less entertaining version of FF11 so I dropped it. This is the first MMO title I have enjoyed in about... 7 years. I tried a lot of them too, but basically it is a genre I can pretty easily get burned out on.

Edit: Anybody else noticing the crazy number of Reddit folks in this game too?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »
I think I remember that user name. =)

I don't think you should worry about getting burned out before PSO2 hits, I imagine PSO2 will either be something really special... Or a big mess like PSU. (Touch wood that it isn't like PSU.)
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2011, 10:37:33 pm »

I don't think you should worry about getting burned out before PSO2 hits, I imagine PSO2 will either be something really special... Or a big mess like PSU. (Touch wood that it isn't like PSU.)

Let us hope so, I believe I sent you a friend request, if your user name in-game is Sharky.. If not I sent a stranger a friend request : P. Also, anybody else appreciating this very soothing OST?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 02:45:40 pm »

Let us hope so, I believe I sent you a friend request, if your user name in-game is Sharky.. If not I sent a stranger a friend request : P. Also, anybody else appreciating this very soothing OST?

The OTS is one of the games strongest points I think, very awesome.
I dont know when I'll be playing it next.
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2011, 10:34:46 pm »

The OTS is one of the games strongest points I think, very awesome.
I dont know when I'll be playing it next.

[youtube:1rdinrd8]1prVJLPIb1A[/youtube:1rdinrd8]

I don't turn the volume off when I leave the game open in the background : P

EDIT: Just realized something, when I first played SK I teleported to meet up with CrazyTails. I was in the middle of crossing the chasm to Haven when I did so, now I cannot go back to the rescue camp to do so and I still have the annoying objective notification. Can I drop the objective? Or am I stuck with this sucker?

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2011, 03:13:37 am »
EDIT: Just realized something, when I first played SK I teleported to meet up with CrazyTails. I was in the middle of crossing the chasm to Haven when I did so, now I cannot go back to the rescue camp to do so and I still have the annoying objective notification. Can I drop the objective? Or am I stuck with this sucker?

Bump because I need help on this, I posted on the websites forum too, waiting for a reply.

EDIT: http://http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/5177 Would appear a few other guys have the same problem as me, not very widespread though so I guess this could take a while for the devs to fix.

Edit 2: BITCH! Server is offline and I just finished Math homework, why do all these MMO devs choose to oppress insomniacs?

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2011, 06:22:32 am »
Lol I really don't know about that. The game is patching for me now...

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 01:56:37 am »
Just got to my first floor that allows me to go into Tier 2, but gotta get the 2 star gear before I head down : ). Having fun, hope to catch you on again at some point CrazyT.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2011, 12:43:04 am »
Is anybody else still playing? Maxed out my levels on all the base gear I think, grabbed the recipes for the two star gear but now need all the ingredients and then to transmute them. Fun stuff : ).

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2011, 08:43:59 am »
I had been playing all day yesterday but didn't see u coming online. TBH i became kinda addicted to the game so you'll find me often

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2011, 03:21:34 pm »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
I had been playing all day yesterday but didn't see u coming online. TBH i became kinda addicted to the game so you'll find me often

Yeah I have been playing later at night, will try to get on earlier. Just tough with College and what not.