Author Topic: What Toshihiro Nagoshi would've done before games  (Read 27068 times)

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: What Toshihiro Nagoshi would've done before games
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2011, 08:36:59 am »
FUUUCKKK! LOLOLOLOLOL!

FUCK SONY AND THOSE PHOTOREALISTIC AVATARS FROM HOME  :oops:

DOES NOT MATTER! I HAVE A BIG AND COOL SUNGLASS AND BIG HIGH-TEC EARPHONES (to hide the face) :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:59 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Yeesh! Rage dump.

Edit: Oh yeah, cube, quit lashing out and calling people "assholes". It makes you look bad and it makes SEGAbits writers look bad.

For some reason I'm unable to edit my last post.

That post was fairly cathartic needed to unleash the rage one last time, I read my post again, lashing out at you all crossed the line. I apologize.

That said I still find SEGA Managerial actions such as reabsorbing AM Teams, downsizing them, not publishing Naka games, making deals with Platinum Games when they should offer such privileges to ex members like Oba as bull shit and hate-able.

@ Aki-At: I'm a Retro Writer therefore my view on present day SEGA has little impact on my role here however if you truly are fed up off me.

You can request George to give me the boot, I wouldn't mind but I do mind you more or less asking me to get lost for having different views than yourself.

Quote from: "Sharky"
CUBE, Calm down and remember your place. You're making far to big of a deal about some guy that left the company ages ago and you're getting offensive about it...

I just found about it 2 days back and PM me my place?

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2011, 11:49:39 am »
The pot calling the kettle black right there.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2011, 01:20:12 pm »
Listen to the lyrics from the Yakuza video you posted for inspiration on what to do next.

Let it go, let it go, just keep on dancin'.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 02:13:05 pm »
I love you guys :lol:

You know way too much that I sometimes feel like I fail as a SEGA fan :|

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2011, 02:44:01 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
I WON'T BUY BAYONETTA CAUSE I DON'T WANT BAYONETTA, I WANT SHINOBI 3 and that makes me a true blue SEGA FAN where as you will buy anything with the SEGA LOGO on it.

I buy anything that I think I will enjoy. My most anticipated game this year is The Witcher II, which doesn't have anything to do with Sega in the slightest. If I had a 3DS I would buy Super Street and maybe Shadow Wars, but I wouldn't get Super Monkey Ball 3D.

I've avoided Sonic Racing and Sonic 4 like the plague because I don't like them, regardless of the fact that Sega published and promoted them heavily.

I buy games that I like, and I buy and judge them on their own merits. I don't get caught up in what is 'True Sega' or not. I don't see why anyone would, or how it would affect enjoyment of a game.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2011, 02:55:52 pm »
@ MMG74:

Right after seeing the first teaser for Bayonetta, I knew I was going to avoid that shit like the plague.

Oh and my favorite game this year is obviously Alan Wake (even though it is an year old :P).

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 07:24:04 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

I have a gif for this too:

I love gifs

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »
famitsu is covering Binary Domain this week .... new details soon.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 08:35:33 pm »
So this means we are going into 'scatter for information mode'? What day of the week does Famitsu hit?

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 10:30:12 pm »
more
Sega went quiet on Binary Domain following the game's announcement back in December. The silence is at long last coming to an end. This week's Famitsu has a twenty page look at the game.

Binary Domain is an original action adventure title from Toshihiro Nagoshi and the team that brought us Yakuza. Different from Yakuza, the game targets international audiences. Be sure and read all our past coverage, including screenshots, videos and commentary from Nagoshi, here.

Famitsu's coverage this week at long last provides us with names for two primary characters. The main character, the one who looks like a space marine, is named Dan Marshall and voiced by Koichi Yamadera. Also introduced is Roy Boden. He's the one who... also looks like a space marine. Nicknamed "Big Boy," Roy is voiced by Masami Iwasaki.

In an interview, Nagoshi jokes that the game may have the most dialogue in gaming history.

There's presumably a lot more across the twenty pages than just this, so check back later in the day for more details.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... ter_names/

20 pages! :O

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 10:44:09 pm »
fFFFfffffff might be good?

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2011, 11:32:18 pm »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
@ Taroyamada: I have to thank you, for your continued support and understanding towards how devastated I am after hearing this news.

It is SEGA shattering news to me and I am afraid it will be very hard to get over it given the current situation, it may be a deal breaker.

It's okay, my relationship with SEGA is kind of a special one because I didn't find out I liked their games until around four or so years after the Dreamcast was discontinued. Then I went back further and became more familiar with their library, grew up hating them though, and my brother was the SEGA guy (Gen, Sat, Dreamcast). I totally get wishing you weren't a sega fan because if you loved those games and they are never coming back it is painful. Sometimes I wish I had never familiarized myself with their software catalogs myself, even if I do like the occasional game they publish today.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #73 on: April 27, 2011, 05:42:57 am »
Rather unfair, you're having the ability to play several games at once and it was never like Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online and Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure were weeks apart in release.

In the span of the Dreamcast era we've got Valkyria Chronicles 1, 2 and 3, Yakuza Kenzan, 3, 4, PSP and Of the End, Phantasy Star Zero, Portable, PSP2, PSP2i, and Online 2 and Sonic Unleashed, Colours and Generations now. Obviously a lot lot more games made during this era but when you go back to a particular era you have the wonderful ability of hindsight. Not that I am saying any one of them have topped Shenmue.

Quote from: "TaroYamada"

I love gifs

The Doctor gives your gif a thumbs up

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2011, 06:16:25 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"
Rather unfair, you're having the ability to play several games at once and it was never like Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online and Jet Set Radio and Sonic Adventure were weeks apart in release.

In the span of the Dreamcast era we've got Valkyria Chronicles 1, 2 and 3, Yakuza Kenzan, 3, 4, PSP and Of the End, Phantasy Star Zero, Portable, PSP2, PSP2i, and Online 2 and Sonic Unleashed, Colours and Generations now. Obviously a lot lot more games made during this era but when you go back to a particular era you have the wonderful ability of hindsight. Not that I am saying any one of them have topped Shenmue.

Quote from: "TaroYamada"

I love gifs

The Doctor gives your gif a thumbs up

No, I totally understand that, rather it's the games SEGA makes now that disappoint. I love Valkyria, maybe more than Skies, I also enjoy Yakuza, but it's rather there is no risk taking like Jet Grind or Rez anymore it would seem. Also I think some of your dates are off, Dreamcast was around from late 98 to early 2001, ~2 years and 4 months (not gonna bother getting the exact amount).

It doesn't really matter, SEGA has increased quality and I won't argue it because it's true, but they aren't as good as they were. They have made some of my favorite games this gen as well, but from my perspective SEGA was the best, the best of all time. So losing what I view as the main creative force in the industry and then seeing the industry in a state that I view as pretty stagnant, with some exceptions, compared to previous ones doesn't exactly inspire me.

Also Doctor Who : D, nice!