Author Topic: SEGA Mexico confirms two sequels...  (Read 10811 times)

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
SEGA Mexico confirms two sequels...
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:00:26 pm »
Yes there is a Mexican division of SEGA America(I never knew), with a twitter account : http://http://www.twitter.com/SEGA_Mexico, and a rep. of this country during a chat revealed a new entry in the Sonic storybook franchise, that should end the trilogy, and a new SEGA All-Star game.

via destructoid: http://http://www.destructoid.com/sega-making-another-sonic-storybook-game-204979.phtml, via Sonic Paradise: http://http://www.sonicparadise.net/2011/06/mexico-sega-of-mexico-abre-su-cuenta.html.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
SEGA STYLE

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGA Mexico confirms two sequels...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 10:49:10 pm »
Please don't be Sega All Star Fighting, Please don't be Sega All Star Fighting...

EDIT: Actually, that's really harsh. I wouldn't mind a fighting game if it was done well, but I'm guessing if they did it would be Super Smash Bros: Featuring SOnic and Pals.
Which is the not something I would give two fucks about.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 11:40:00 pm »
Mmmh..., I'M doing research in the web and the news has became a simple rumors, because the Rep. says he was misinterpred.     Mmmmmmhhhh......
SEGA STYLE

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:16:14 am »
I doubt Sega would be stupid enough to release another shitty Story book game after that last PSO.

Actually I don't doubt they would be stupid enough, I just hope they aren't.
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 12:55:57 pm »
I don't know. Sonicparadise has mostly been credible with it's leaking news etc. I don't like the sound of a new storybook game either. I really hope it's not true because I thought SEGA delisted the whole reputation destroying games and was aiming for quality. But then again, maybe the new storybook game may actually be good?

Ah still hope it's untrue since i've had it with rediculous stories in sonic games >.<

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 04:32:35 pm »
I'm up for another Storybook Sonic game. I really enjoyed Sonic and the Black Knight and what I played of Sonic and the Secret Rings was really fun.
Definitely looking forward to another SEGA Superstars/All-Stars title. Hopefully we'll have even more great SEGA characters this time around. :)
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 06:56:19 am »
I thought a lot was right conceptually with Secret Rings and Black Knight, they were just designed to be overly gimmicky and suffered greatly (stuff like having to unlock good controls should not exist). If a normal game was made in a similar style, I could honestly see myself getting pretty excited for them.

Black Knight gets way too much hate though. The game is not very good at all of course, but it was announced at the worst time with EVERYONE ready to finally accept Sonic Unleashed, even the werehog. Because it was announced too early and everyone freaked out, I feel Unleashed got a much worse reception than it would have without Black Knight.

There are literally billions of books that would probably work well with Sonic characters in some form, but personally I would really like to see Sonic and the Journey to the West. Sonic Bible Adventures would also be cool, if not just to see Sharky and Shadi freak out bad.

As for a new Superstars game... Doubt I could get excited for a new sport, and I do not want anyone outside of AM2 or MAYBE AM4 making a fighting game or something similar. I loved SUMO's racing and tennis, but they focus on stuff like Sonic Team properties far too much. Regardless of how cool they came out, three Samba De Amigo levels is just stupid. Do not get me started on Billy Hatcher.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 08:19:52 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I loved SUMO's racing and tennis

I am the only thinking that SEGA Superstar Tennis had really bad controls as far as Tennis games go?

Personally I think a fighting game like a Smash Bros. Clone would be awsome. The New Wii U Smash Bros. is still far away, and if they get a decent Online that everyone craved for with Brawl,and balance the mechanics to everyone favour like with Racing,it could become incredibly successfull.

As for a new Storybooks game, I think this one will make somehow use of the Wii U controller maybe,it might be a Launch Title, or come out by end of 2012 for the U.

Like all the inbetween games between the major releases(Secret Rings,Black Knight,Colors to an extent)i'd assume it will have little content or/and just not be very good,since it will be a Sonic game that they can fill the need of having one every year.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 03:34:53 pm »
Tennis was fun for what it was, but did have control issues. Probably because the characters were so all over the place. Can't expect them to perfect a tennis game with floating jesters, fat scientists and dwarfs.

Racing, on the other hand, was a very solid game in my opinion. One of Sumo's best!

However I agree with mademan in that Sumo doesn't have a fighter in them. They have great producers and management, but I don't think they have the team to produce a great fighter. Unless, of course, Sumo builds a team from the ground up using folks with fighting game experience or they collaborate with AM2. Perhaps have some of the brains behind Virtua Fighter be on hand.

I'd actually want to see an All-Stars Racing 2. I think if the kinks are ironed out, there is a greater track variety (IP wise) and more great characters (less Silver, more Shinobi) it could be an awesome game! Plus, they don't have to worry about a Wii version with the Wii U on the way. They can just develop one HD version. 3DS don't need no version.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 05:09:39 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"

I'd actually want to see an All-Stars Racing 2.

Altough in the Leak they did say more along the lines of..."You'll see what the next game is gonna be about..." So at least now from the look of things, another racer is less likely.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 07:31:03 am »
Yeah, I caught that, just wish they wouldn't change things up yet again when they could improve on what they've already got.

better be a damn good concept!

Offline Trippled

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 01:27:47 pm »
http://spong.com/article/24810/15th-Anniversary-of-NiGHTS-into-Dreams-Brings-Hints-of-New-Game

So appearently Iizuka is hinting elements that didn't make it into Nights,are still being saved for another Project.

Woudn't necessarily mean another Nights game tough, as Sonic Team does force concepts that would be more fitting for new/other IP's into Sonic games all the time now.

But if there were another retail Nights game,a good way to it, is to make a Sonic and Nights crossover in the 3rd Storybook game,like maybe Sonic in Wonderland lol. Making it a Sonic game would be the only way to  make it sell it well anyway.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 03:22:03 pm by Trippled »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 02:09:11 pm »
I actually think the storybook titles would be the perfect place for Sonic Team crossovers. Why not toss in NiGHTS, PSO, Chu Chu, Burning Rangers and (yes) even Billy for NPC roles?

Offline Trippled

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 03:31:52 pm »
I think a Nights crossover would work the best from all their IP's, with the area that the Kids run in,being used as a proper Sonic level and interchange them with the flying in some ways. Could work with the U controller.

The Story: Eggman finnaly traps Sonic into a cage that he, no matter what, can't escape. He falls asleep after a while and meets NiGHTS in his dreams in Wonderland(changed from Dreamland,so it can be a Storybook game)

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 06:19:45 am »
I think every Sonic Team IP should be banned in replace of actual SEGA IPs.