Author Topic: Sonic Generations General Discussion  (Read 191268 times)

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Sonic Generations Chemical Plant Zone / Metal Sonic
« Reply #165 on: August 16, 2011, 10:53:22 am »
fair point Barry

The things is there's some very nice stages in Sonic 06 (Crisis City, Wave Ocean, Kingdom Valley, Radical Train) Its let down by a frame rate and controls from hell + TONS of glitches , which is such a shame

added

it was clearly an unfinished product.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #166 on: August 16, 2011, 11:09:50 am »
You guys thought crisis city was a good idea?  Sonic battling fire demons in a post apocalyptic setting?  I mean whatever floats your boat and all that but it sounds pretty rank to me.  Like something a 13 year old would come up with. 

It would be cool if Nightime spagonia were featured but I fear there would be little excuse for the werehog not to make an appearance then.   

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #167 on: August 16, 2011, 11:25:59 am »
I wouldn't mind a nod to the werehog by way of an appearance, but no way would I want to play as him.

I like the idea of Crisis City, a city on fire, but hated the game itself so the stage failed. I also wish it was littered with badniks instead of iblis chorines.

Offline Suzuki Yu

SONIC Generations new trailer (Chemical/Rooftop/Seaside)
« Reply #168 on: August 16, 2011, 02:11:42 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3iCG20ZPQc#ws

i like the festival look they did with rooftop run :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:13:17 pm by Suzuki Yu »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sonic Generations General Discussion
« Reply #169 on: August 16, 2011, 02:48:25 pm »
Awesome trailer!

I've merged your topic with the old one and made it general discussion. ;)

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #170 on: August 16, 2011, 04:29:04 pm »
^^
good

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #171 on: August 16, 2011, 05:57:54 pm »
Oh looks good!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #172 on: August 16, 2011, 06:04:43 pm »
@Sharky on Sonic Adventure stuff. Sorry for the late reply. =/

You cannot agree to disagree because most of what I said is a fact and not an opinion. The classic Sonic stuff would not return at all if there was no demand for it, for example.

---

On the new trailer: I like it. Spagonia looks way, way, way better, but it is still kind of an annoying inclusion. One scene in particular near the middle has what seems to be six different paths to take even, very impressive!

Whatever the Sonic Heroes level was called also looks nice, but I really could not be less interested in playing it. I know it is going to be the "Water" level with this redesign, but we have just seen it a million times now. I have a similar annoyance with Green Hill Zone, but Generations would not have been complete without it, obviously.

I wish they would not use that licensed song though. It seriously sucks and will not even be in the game. What is the point?

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #173 on: August 16, 2011, 08:59:12 pm »

You cannot agree to disagree because most of what I said is a fact and not an opinion. The classic Sonic stuff would not return at all if there was no demand for it, for example.

Just for the sake of argument explain Green Hill Zone in Sonic Adventure 2.

and then the design for Sonic Heroes?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #174 on: August 16, 2011, 09:06:01 pm »

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #175 on: August 16, 2011, 09:37:09 pm »
Oh looks good!

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2011, 09:45:44 pm »
Mushroom Hill 3DS screens:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/08/mushroom-hill-zone-revealed-for-sonic-generations-3ds/

Lookin shroomy!

Man.  I am so disappointed that this is in the 3ds version while shitty levels like crisis city and seaside hill get the hd treatment.  Mushroom hill of all levels would have been absolutely gorgeous in 3d.  It has  season changes for crissakes. 

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2011, 12:26:14 am »
Man.  I am so disappointed that this is in the 3ds version while shitty levels like crisis city and seaside hill get the hd treatment.  Mushroom hill of all levels would have been absolutely gorgeous in 3d.  It has  season changes for crissakes. 
It would not be Sonic without confusion and disappointment.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2011, 05:13:47 am »
You keep on brining up old sorts, I'm dull enough to take the bait.
I tried... but then you see you post stuff like SEGA not giving credit to the Staff for making Moonwalker, which simply isn't true, one can't help but post back
Coming from the one that thinks Naka-san had nothing to with Sonic II. Still can't name this game that he didn't work on, but takes credit for . This is so very much to take.

I have in most cases always backed up my thoughts, The real difficult one is Sonic IV and Dimps credits- which I accept can make it look like Dimps made the game, but Sonic Team are complete control freaks and in almost every case handling everything to do with level and Art design in their games. Everything else... Kezan Budget, Kenzan development period Yakuza Budget, Naka-san involvement with Sonic, Sonic Team turning a corner, 32X  I stand by

Beating a long dead horse. Its sad to see what you've been reduced to. :'(

TA and ROJM, if you ain't talkin' Sonic Generations then stop the debate.

Also the back and forth bickering is getting to be a bit much.

Would you want a separate topic to debate in?

No  need Barry because there's nothing left to debate. TA lost the inital points that Aki originally brought up and with SU and JB points. He's trying to save face by continuing something that is long resolved.This topic was derailed by TA joined before i joined the debate . I've since then stopped the debate since its already resolved and gone back to the topic but TA is trying to continue it with the countless insults and lies and worse not bothered to address the actual topic which clearly indicates his intentions is to derail this thread and cause fights. Now please tell him to stick on topic and stop flamebaiting  more forcibly because he's clearly not listening.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:31:18 am by ROJM »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2011, 05:36:13 am »

---

On the new trailer: I like it. Spagonia looks way, way, way better, but it is still kind of an annoying inclusion. One scene in particular near the middle has what seems to be six different paths to take even, very impressive!

Whatever the Sonic Heroes level was called also looks nice, but I really could not be less interested in playing it. I know it is going to be the "Water" level with this redesign, but we have just seen it a million times now. I have a similar annoyance with Green Hill Zone, but Generations would not have been complete without it, obviously.

I wish they would not use that licensed song though. It seriously sucks and will not even be in the game. What is the point?
Or maybe its really down to a lack of creative vision. its funny that Sonic's appearence in Super smash brothers seemed to capture the entire essence of what the character is all about but the Naka led Sonic adventure series up to 2006 and the aftermath games up to this point has absolutly failed to capture it be it in character and gameplay. SG is a good idea but if the ability isn't within any of the developers creating it we could still be left with a good idea but missing certain elements that make the MD series the classic it is. Just bringing the classic Sonic stuff isn't enough unless they "get" the issues on what has been missing from Sonic in the last decade.