Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Officially Confirmed  (Read 26921 times)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Officially Confirmed
« on: July 20, 2011, 06:13:04 pm »
Most people have known about it for a little while now, but Capcom has announced that another version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be coming out near the end of this year in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It looks like all the existing characters will have some new moves and there will be 12 new fighters along with new backgrounds, gameplay tweaks, more online modes and some slight visual changes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVVT8XadsHk#ws

Personally, I think Capcom should treat this title similar to Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition if possible. Have a disc release for newcomers as well as a DLC pack for people who already own Marvel vs. Capcom 3. That way, everyone is happy. :)

What do you all think?
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Officially Confirmed
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 06:16:36 pm »
Nice! I was holding off til MvC3 dipped in price, but this is much better to wait for!

Plus I hear a certain act attorney will appear in the game?

Shame no Power Stone characters made it in. Wang-Tang would have kicked ass. Or Fokker.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 06:26:42 pm »
I nearly lost my shit when I saw Ghost Rider confirmed this morning. Cannot wait to start wrecking everyone with Chains and Hellfire, not to mention PENANCE STARE is his level 3. Fucking awesome.
SPOILERS FOR NEW CHARACTER LEAKS:

And yes Barrington, Phoenix Wright was leaked, along with a personal favourite of mine, Frank West. Also, NEMESIS from RE3 will be rocking the trenchcoat in this game from what I hear (although I'm kinda miffed that Resi gets FOUR reps in this game now, would have preferred they left Jill out and went with another franchise.), and Vergil from DMC.

On Marvel we have some more coming, but I can't remember who they are apart from Iron Fist. The list will be all over SRK and news sites anyway, so I'm sure you can find it.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 06:29:11 pm »
Dr. Strange was among the leaked characters. I'm quite excited to play as him. Now I can finally beat Dormmamu and Shuma-Gorath with the Sorcerer Supreme.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 09:21:49 pm »
I really wanna see the rest of the characters in action, I speculate that like last time, they're gonna show off two a month which makes sense since it comes out in November. I just hope they have an Ace Attorney courtroom as a stage.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 09:47:55 pm »
More Ghouls N Ghosts representation, right on! I also always really thought Nemesis would be perfect for this.

The new cast kind of sucks. No new women? No M Bison or Guile? Rocket Raccoon I never heard of, would have preferred Howard the Duck, but he IS pretty unique. I like how Phoenix Wright is in, but what will he do? Pointing attacks? Gavel? Ehhh, I guess that is kind of cool, but still...

No Mega Man is absolutely bizarre. Capcom must really want it dead I guess.

I hate how they specifically gimped the original version of the game and now it is completely worthless. Honestly, I think I prefer Activision to Capcom now. They are really, really low on my list.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 10:22:42 pm »
I would rather see Capcom Versus SEGA/SNK/etc. Marvel is terrible and annoying.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 10:33:41 pm »
The new cast kind of sucks. No new women? No M Bison or Guile? Rocket Raccoon I never heard of, would have preferred Howard the Duck, but he IS pretty unique. I like how Phoenix Wright is in, but what will he do? Pointing attacks? Gavel? Ehhh, I guess that is kind of cool, but still...

No Mega Man is absolutely bizarre. Capcom must really want it dead I guess.

Never heard of Rocket Raccoon either, I agree Howard the Duck would have been much better. As for Phoenix Wright, no idea what to expect from him. Maybe he'll pull things from his briefcase and chuck it at people.
He might also be like Captain Commando in that he can call on his buddies to attack for him.

I don't think they really needed Mega Man, they already have Zero and Tron in the game. Would rather see them reach out to other franchises than keep adding from ones already represented. Which is why I wish they never wasted a slot with Jill who nobody wanted (in this RE5 form) and is low tier so nobody plays her competitively either... Would have preferred they included someone from Killer 7 or Gene from God Hand.

I hate how they specifically gimped the original version of the game and now it is completely worthless. Honestly, I think I prefer Activision to Capcom now. They are really, really low on my list.

I don't get this at all, how was the original 'specifically gimped'?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 08:08:14 am »
I'd love to see Phoenix using murder weapons from the series for his attacks. Would go against his character a bit, but why not use all the evidence to his advantage? Like The Thinker alarm clock.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2011, 01:33:20 pm »
They're putting the Ace Attorney guy in? They said they couldn't put him in another Capcom V.S game because of international language issues. And they put him in this game? Nice trying Capcom.

Megaman would be nice but as others said, they have Zero in so what is the point? IMO, I think they should of went with Megaman INSTEAD of Zero.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 01:51:53 pm »
I would've loved to see Dr. Wily as far as Mega Man characters go, but I guess you could say he would be too similar to Tron Bonne.

Hawkeye's Level 3 Hyper Combo is great. Love the Ant Man/Giant Man combo.
Unlimited Continues:

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 02:11:43 pm »
They're putting the Ace Attorney guy in? They said they couldn't put him in another Capcom V.S game because of international language issues. And they put him in this game? Nice trying Capcom.

They've come up with odd reasons for some character exclusions, look at what they said about Ghost Rider at first, seeing him here makes me wonder how sane they were when they said that.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2011, 03:29:02 pm »
Nice! I was holding off til MvC3 dipped in price, but this is much better to wait for!

Plus I hear a certain act attorney will appear in the game?

Shame no Power Stone characters made it in. Wang-Tang would have kicked ass. Or Fokker.
I'm in the exact same boat. I'm really happy that I held out on this one, especially after being burned with the original version of Street Fighter IV.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2011, 04:47:50 pm »
I don't get this at all, how was the original 'specifically gimped'?

The original game was released five months ago. There is no way they were not aware of this version, they even said Frank West was removed from the original release late. It is obvious that besides new characters that it will also have tons of new modes too. They also promised after original Street Fighter IV that they would never not offer updates like this and not allow them as DLC... But guess what...

I am all for updating games, in fact I absolutely love it! With Capcom though, any early adopters are completely shut out. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is completely obsolete when Ultimate arrives, and that just should never happen. I can maybe understand if this release was coming 3, maybe even 2 years after the first release, but it has not even been half a year!

I still do like Capcom, but their last few years have been so hard to defend. It is really getting out of hand. Their fan-related PR is usually so good, too.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 11:17:43 pm »
I wonder how much space all the new characters, features, balance tweaks, etc. would take up if they had a downloadable version like with SSF4:AE?