Author Topic: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Officially Confirmed  (Read 26927 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Officially Confirmed
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 04:16:33 pm »
I am all for updating games, in fact I absolutely love it! With Capcom though, any early adopters are completely shut out. Marvel vs Capcom 3 is completely obsolete when Ultimate arrives, and that just should never happen. I can maybe understand if this release was coming 3, maybe even 2 years after the first release, but it has not even been half a year!

I still do like Capcom, but their last few years have been so hard to defend. It is really getting out of hand. Their fan-related PR is usually so good, too.

Don't forget about Dead Rising 2: Off The Record.
Capcom's been pretty big on releasing DLC as full priced games lately.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 06:22:02 pm »
Fuck capcom. Worse publisher this year. I'm surprised they haven't announced Capcom online passes yet.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 07:35:19 pm »
Don't forget about Dead Rising 2: Off The Record.
Capcom's been pretty big on releasing DLC as full priced games lately.

But it's also available as DLC if you already have DR2. I think that releasing a disc and DLC combination is fine.

As for MVC3, I had forgotten that it only came out this Feb, which is a bit soon to be releasing a follow up. Having said that, I still feel that i got my money's worth well and truly out of the game, and i'm stoked that there is going to be new characters, new stages and improvements to the system coming out already. Yes, it could have been DLC, but how much would all that combined be in DLC? Each character would be at least 800 points right? Even 400 points means that it would cost 4800 points which translates to $60 anyway. Not to mention the new moves and balance changes and system upgrades etc.

I can understand that some might rather have the option to just buy one or two characters, but personally I prefer them all to be included at once, that way everyone has the same options and roster.

I don't get the idea of being 'burned' when buying the first iteration of a fighting game either. If you bought it and were still playing online/competitively etc by the time the new one comes out, then wouldn't you be enjoying the game and itching for new content by that stage anyway? If you aren't still playing the game by the time a new one comes out, then why do you care? You obviously played the last one to the extent you enjoyed and if you think new content will be worth buying you can, or you can just not buy it since you weren't playing Street Fighter/Marvel/BlazBlue anyway...

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 12:28:57 am »
Regardless of any of that, once Ultimate is released, the version out now is entirely obsolete. With stuff like Halo, each release is different enough that it makes sense to go back to the old ones because not only do they play differently, but their fanbase is unique for each one. With this, people playing the original version will be considered too poor or cheap to buy the new version and basically the entire fanbase will drop it to move on to the next game. It just flat out sucks what Capcom is doing.

TL;DR original Marvel vs Capcom 3 was a $60 beta.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 12:52:16 am »
Read what I said before: the people who played MVC3 and play it avidly and will still be playing it avidly in November have been wanting new characters, new modes, rebalance and better online fora while. FUCK YOU CAPCOM, YOU SHOULD MAKE US WAIT LONGER. Do you think Sega has the right idea by making us wait 4 years for a new VF? I'm sure that's a great way to please the fanbase.

Like I said before, if someone has been playing the game and still wants to play it by the time November rolls around (about 8 months worht of play) then I don't see why they wouldn't jump at the chance to get more out of their favourite game with new characters and features.
If they got tired of MVC3 already (or will be tired of it by the time November comes) then why would they care if there's a new version or not? They obviously got their fill of the game already and don't want to play it anymore, so they can happily ignore it.

Offline George

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 04:10:35 pm »
Can't believe you are defending Capcom, Mademan.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 07:18:10 pm »
Can't believe you are defending Capcom, Mademan.
Why would i complain? I've been wanting Ghost Rider, Frank West and more characters in general for MVC3 for a while now, not to mention wishing it it had better net play and some upgrades, then I'm supposed to be angry at Capcom for basically saying 'Hey, here is everything you wanted, it'll be ready for you by November!'?

Offline George

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 07:30:34 pm »
You mean I should pay them 40 fucking dollars after I paid 70 dollars for MVC3? You know, most of the characters in Ultimate where pulled out of the release the last minute and then promised as DLC. We got no DLC, we got a 8 month title that got no support.

I can't support Capcom. I have decided I will buy no more Capcom games. It hurts, being a fan of theirs since a kid. But they fucked everyone over, especially fans like me.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2011, 07:40:02 pm »
^That's cool, I'll just have fun playing the games I enjoy while you're protesting them.

EDIT: Also, do you actually have proof that they've 'pulled characters' from the game? I doubt that was the case, the game shipped with nearly 40 characters, I don't see how we got short-changed in the slightest.

Even if these characters were planned for DLC, would you really be happier paying $10 per character for these 12? I would personally rather just buy the disc for $40 or whatever it'll be and get them all in one pack along with new stages/new modes/rebalancing.

I think it's funny that Capcom could have just sat on this stuff for another 5 months and THEN reveal it and people wouldn't have a problem (outside of the usual 'Fighting games should never have an update ever' crowd). Personally I'd rather get it sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 07:47:48 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline George

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2011, 07:47:42 pm »
Fans uncovered some of the characters before they revealed the 40 characters. Capcom said they 'didn't fit in' the game so they didn't make it....

But now they fit in cuz you have to pay 40 dollars more.

Sorry, I didn't buy Super Street Fighter 4 and I won't buy this load of horse shit. If Capcom gave 2 shits about fans they would release it as DLC and allow the original version to work with the Ultimate version online.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 07:52:04 pm »
I guess I stand somewhere in the middle for how I feel about this. I'm not someone who really plays competitively that much. (I only have about 3 hours for my total online time with Marvel vs. Capcom 3) I play mostly for the arcade mode and the occasional local match with friends and family. So while I am excited for more characters, stages etc, I don't think I'll be buying this when it first comes out. (Unless it is somehow also a DLC package) I will however probably ask for it as a Christmas gift or pick it up in the early months of next year. :) I do love Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and I am excited to eventually get this new content.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 08:02:36 pm »
^How do you think Dr Strange is going to play Cosmic? I'm really interested to see what he's like to be honest, even though I don't know much about the character. It'll be interesting to see how they incorporate his magic into the game.

I'm really interested to see Frank West as well, I think he played really well and was a lot of fun in TVC, so I hope most of that carries over. Wall bounce Zombie Spree into REAL MEGABUSTER all day...

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 08:20:28 pm »
^How do you think Dr Strange is going to play Cosmic? I'm really interested to see what he's like to be honest, even though I don't know much about the character. It'll be interesting to see how they incorporate his magic into the game.

Yeah, I'm really interested in seeing how Dr. Strange's moves will look. I'm guessing he'll be able to fly, teleport and have several projectile attacks. So maybe a faster, more offensive version of M.O.D.O.K.? I'm very curious to see how he turns out.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2011, 09:53:00 pm »
I'm really anxious to see how Phoenix Wright will work in this, the dev team is debating on how good he'll be competitively. Seth Killian also confirmed that there will be a stage based on the Days of Future Past story arc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqCgQlqgqBs#ws

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 11:20:45 pm »
Fans uncovered some of the characters before they revealed the 40 characters. Capcom said they 'didn't fit in' the game so they didn't make it....

But now they fit in cuz you have to pay 40 dollars more.

Sorry, I didn't buy Super Street Fighter 4 and I won't buy this load of horse shit. If Capcom gave 2 shits about fans they would release it as DLC and allow the original version to work with the Ultimate version online.

The only one they 'uncovered' was Frank West in the original silhouettes when the game was announced. The devs said he didn't make the cut because they never would have had him finished to satisfaction in time for release. Everyone else had been asked about or requested but there was never any proof that they were ever in the game or close to completion. Ghost Rider was said not to be in because they couldn't figure out how to implement his bike. Obviously he was popular and requested enough that they included him in Ultimate, ditto Iron Fist, Strider etc.

And if you would be happy with it as DLC, then why not as a disc release? You would rather pay more and have it take up tons of HDD space? I'll stick with the disc.

I really don't understand what you want from Capcom. They made a bunch of new content for the game, and they are putting it on sale. If you want the new content, go and buy it (like I will), if you are happy with what you already have with Vanilla MVC3, then don't buy it.

Yeah, I'm really interested in seeing how Dr. Strange's moves will look. I'm guessing he'll be able to fly, teleport and have several projectile attacks. So maybe a faster, more offensive version of M.O.D.O.K.? I'm very curious to see how he turns out.

Yeah almost certainly he'll be a zoning character, probably with low health but high damage output. Rocket Raccoon sounds interesting too, SRK posters are tipping he'll play like Cable from MVC2 with GUNS GUNS GUNS.

I really want to see Nemesis in action too, looks like he carries a rocket launcher with him at all times too.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 11:24:06 pm by MadeManG74 »