Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5 FS coming to XBLA/PSN next summer.  (Read 15691 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Virtua Fighter 5 FS coming to XBLA/PSN next summer.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 03:24:45 pm »
This news pleases me.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 03:33:43 pm »
Also I think we can universally agree what game is Game of the Year 2012, nothing will dislodge Virtua fighter 5 Final Showdown, NOTHING I SAY!

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 04:13:51 pm »
Unless it's Shenmue 3, Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia 2 or Phantasy Star Online 2... Wait!
Made by SEGA

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »
I've been kind of thinking how Shenmue 1 and 2 would be a good fit for the 3DS with the 3D effect...am I wrong.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 07:43:43 pm »
I've been kind of thinking how Shenmue 1 and 2 would be a good fit for the 3DS with the 3D effect...am I wrong.

So unspeakably wrong... Never say these words again!

Shenmue is for HD and HD only and it most certainly isnt for handhelds!
Made by SEGA

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 08:58:31 pm »
I'm excited, though I haven't touched the VF series since 2.

Speaking of which, where's my arcade port of VF2? Hopefully demand for this game will add that to SEGA's list.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 11:29:46 pm »
YEEEESSSS!!! I'm very satisfied with this genre of news, it's part of that which I expect from SEGA, in a good way.

Damn! Summer 2012, so far away! However, is already very much get the game  :D
SEGA STYLE

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 11:37:03 pm »
the time frame is really bad because i think the possibility of VF6 announcement in early 2012 (AOU12) is pretty high

and i know that i won't feel fully satisfied playing VF5 after seeing the "jaw-dropping" that is VF6. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:40:29 pm by Suzuki Yu »

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 11:57:09 pm »
the time frame is really bad because i think the possibility of VF6 announcement in early 2012 (AOU12) is pretty high

and i know that i won't feel fully satisfied playing VF5 after seeing the "jaw-dropping" that is VF6. 

Yeah, is exactly what I was thinking right now.
SEGA STYLE

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 05:09:48 am »
Also I think we can universally agree what game is Game of the Year 2012, nothing will dislodge Virtua fighter 5 Final Showdown, NOTHING I SAY!
Ohh i dunno, REIGNS, COLONIAL MARINES and BD are definate contenders. But let's not forget the unannounced but most likely to come SONIC WiiU,the next YAKUZA project and the second game in the BAYONETTA universe.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 05:34:57 am »
So unspeakably wrong... Never say these words again!

Shenmue is for HD and HD only and it most certainly isnt for handhelds!
We already have a SHENMUE for a mobile platform already be it a phone based one. When you think of it the first two titles with the abilities of the current/upcoming handhelds could be a good fit for SHENMUE's type of gameplay.

Offline loempiavreter

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 05:58:18 am »
Unless it's Shenmue 3, Jet Set Radio, Skies of Arcadia 2 or Phantasy Star Online 2... Wait!

Not for one of the above, but Virtua Cop 3, HOTD4+Special, Operation G.H.O.S.T. (ok I haven't played G.H.O.S.T. yet... but a sequel to one of the greatest lighthgun titles) now THOSE are serious contenders. (also a Bare Knuckle sequel either as true to roots Belt Scroll XBLA/PSN title or God Hand and only God Hand (with coop)-style)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:01:35 am by loempiavreter »

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 07:07:47 am »
Ohh i dunno, REIGNS, COLONIAL MARINES and BD are definate contenders. But let's not forget the unannounced but most likely to come SONIC WiiU,the next YAKUZA project and the second game in the BAYONETTA universe.

Well I've already saved a place for Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown as the game of the generation and nothing will dislodge it I think!

But I think when we get to think about it, potentially next year, their Western calender would have Aliens: CM, Anarchy Reigns, Binary Domain, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown and Phantasy Star Online 2 (Though not confirmed, but I expect it to be) you have one of the best lineups SEGA has for years. Add to that the unannounced/rumoured stuff (Bayonetta 2, Yakuza PSVita, Creative Assembly's Vita game etc)

Offline ROJM

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 09:08:26 am »
Well I've already saved a place for Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown as the game of the generation and nothing will dislodge it I think!

But I think when we get to think about it, potentially next year, their Western calender would have Aliens: CM, Anarchy Reigns, Binary Domain, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown and Phantasy Star Online 2 (Though not confirmed, but I expect it to be) you have one of the best lineups SEGA has for years. Add to that the unannounced/rumoured stuff (Bayonetta 2, Yakuza PSVita, Creative Assembly's Vita game etc)

yeah but Neo Sega always manages to fuck it up. Thetruth be told Sega has ahd some really great lineups in the last couple of years but they either fuck it up. Usually by the following.
Some of the games aren't as they cracked up to be.(marvel games)
They don't release a certain good game outside japan(insert whatever game here)
A game previously hot title announced gets canned diminishing the line up. (ALIENS RPG)
Or the worse one...
They don't let anyone outside sega fandom or the press that THESE GAMES EXIST!!(Madworld,Alpha protocol etc etc)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 10:38:24 am »

The wait will be the worst, it's too long really... . Unless VF 6 is running on super Hardware and I don't think people will mind tbh .  Most will just see it as XBLA/PSN title which is just what it is

Shame it isn't on disc

TBH, It would get killed in the shops, more so with  Tekken Vs Streetfighter, Soul Calibur V coming out. VF isn't mass market enough for the home, and after the silly mistake of making VO Force disc only its nice to see SEGA just use common sense about but it up on LIVE/PSN and if it comes in at the £10 SEGA will sell more than enough

It's great news, but next Summer is really far too long. I wish it was coming this Winter.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure