Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 256112 times)

Offline JetSetRadioForever

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!! Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #585 on: November 29, 2012, 09:29:24 am »
As I unlock new characters (oh AGES, you will be mine, oh yes, you WILL be mine), I think back on Sega properties that they never use that could have easily been implemented instead of the "doubles" (like MeeMee or Reala) or the "licenses" (Wreck It Ralph or Danica Patrick). Maybe I'm alone in this but I'd love Congo Bongo or Virtua Racing or Comix Zone or maybe even a Space Fury/Zaxxon referenced tracks or Virtual On, Burning Rangers, Vectorman or Phantasy Star characters. I'd rather have Agent G or Temjin racing in this game than Danica Patrick.

Sega's history is just so goddamn extensive yet they seem happy to just go barely beyond what's expected of them.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #586 on: November 29, 2012, 10:31:30 am »
Yes but there is so much history you could save it for future games. You also have to consider whether SoL and Sumo Digital like those Sega games you mentioned and there are also rights issues with some old Sega titles like TOE JAM AND EARL.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #587 on: November 29, 2012, 11:48:21 am »
Expert can get real cheap sometimes...like the CPU have this sort of gang mentality of hitting items at you whether you are behind them or in front of them....rarely do they hit the first place CPU (I saw one use the Swarm behind them when they could have used it on the first placed person.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline JetSetRadioForever

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #588 on: November 29, 2012, 01:13:20 pm »
Yes but there is so much history you could save it for future games. You also have to consider whether SoL and Sumo Digital like those Sega games you mentioned and there are also rights issues with some old Sega titles like TOE JAM AND EARL.

I don't any game I mentioned aren't owned outright by Sega. I'm just wanting some silly stuff. The Outrun car turns into the Space Harrier guy in the air and Ecco the Dolphin in the water. :)

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #590 on: November 30, 2012, 08:02:22 am »
  "I'm a boat! I'm still a boat..." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! AWESOME!

That's what you got for buying the shittest version! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #591 on: November 30, 2012, 01:42:46 pm »
Well the shittiest version is apparently moving the most copies.  Sumo should have done their fucking homework and not released such a bug filled mess.  It's all pretty unforgivable and does not reflect well on the developers. 

Hopefully that patch is released ASAP. 

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #592 on: November 30, 2012, 02:25:58 pm »
4 hours left before the DLC petition ends. Ryo and Miku are in the lead.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #593 on: December 01, 2012, 02:07:12 am »
  Even knowing Miku IS NOT a Sega character they still kept her...

What the hell SUMO is doing? I'm fine with Ryo though, but I wanted Alis or Sakura.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #594 on: December 01, 2012, 11:19:34 am »
Even knowing Miku IS NOT a Sega character they still kept her...

What the hell SUMO is doing? I'm fine with Ryo though, but I wanted Alis or Sakura.

Agree with you a 100%
Looks like Ryo Hazuki, Miku, and Segata Sanshiro won the poll and S0L is going to submit them to Sega. As for the rest like mai home girl Sakura.... 2 more years.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:35:55 pm by Kori-Maru »

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #595 on: December 02, 2012, 04:52:53 pm »
Just unlocked Gilius and am one GP away from unlocking Eggman!

While I still think 165 stars is a pretty crazy level to reach for the final racer, it does appear a bit more attainable. I have 120 stars right now... 45 to go! Ugh!

I think it would have been better if Sumo allowed player to collect stars in GP as well, and perhaps time trial. Maybe reward 1-4 stars per GP (40 stars total, on expert) and a star per time trial that is beat. That way, players who are sick of going through World Tour can try and earn stars in other areas of the game.

Oh well... maybe they'll release "unlock all content" DLC. :P I know fans would bitch and moan, but sadly I'd probably buy it if 165 becomes too crazy. I want Ages!!!

Anyway, bring on Christmas!

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #596 on: December 04, 2012, 09:26:51 pm »
I think that they kinda made this game harder, or is it just me xP....

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #597 on: December 04, 2012, 11:26:39 pm »
Just unlocked Gilius and am one GP away from unlocking Eggman!

While I still think 165 stars is a pretty crazy level to reach for the final racer, it does appear a bit more attainable. I have 120 stars right now... 45 to go! Ugh!

I think it would have been better if Sumo allowed player to collect stars in GP as well, and perhaps time trial. Maybe reward 1-4 stars per GP (40 stars total, on expert) and a star per time trial that is beat. That way, players who are sick of going through World Tour can try and earn stars in other areas of the game.

Oh well... maybe they'll release "unlock all content" DLC. :P I know fans would bitch and moan, but sadly I'd probably buy it if 165 becomes too crazy. I want Ages!!!

Anyway, bring on Christmas!

I hear ya.  I have about 150 stars now and have just been methodically going from event to event trying to clear expert mode.  As in do each event 20 times until It is done perfectly, move to the next one, rinse and repeat.  Seems like a lot of work for a reskin of Nights, I have to say. 

Something that freaks me out about the game is the victory cutscene for Grand Prix.  There's no "YOU WON!" text or anything, there's just an awkward animation of everyone who raced and the camera creepily pulls out and fades to white.  Rushed much? 

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #598 on: December 05, 2012, 03:45:20 am »
Something that freaks me out about the game is the victory cutscene for Grand Prix.  There's no "YOU WON!" text or anything, there's just an awkward animation of everyone who raced and the camera creepily pulls out and fades to white.  Rushed much?

Reminds me of the cutscene when you win a grand prix in Mario Kart DS and even 7.

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #599 on: December 05, 2012, 11:21:17 am »
I mean, the podium is there. There are characters standing on the podium. It's kind of self-explanatory. Do you really need text that tells you you won?