Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 261732 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!! Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #525 on: November 16, 2012, 10:31:46 am »
Great point. One big thing I like about these All-Star titles is that they really do bring (most) everything under one roof. Just like a SEGA console would. I think there is so much excitement for these games because of that. Sure the gameplay is good, but I think the idea of a ton of different SEGA franchises under one roof is the real draw. The last game dropped the ball a bit in that regard (good roster, but poor track representation) but this one really is going all out even if it is not going AS all out as some would wish.

It'll sound shallow, but TW and FM suddenly feel more like SEGA titles since they now are standing alongside IPs like Panzer Dragoon and JSR. Sort of like this is their "welcome to the family" ceremony.

No its not shallow point, IMO its valid, i felt the same way to a degree. I always felt Sega underused the potential of the titles that they have. PANZER DRAGOON is a good example. There was a copy,variation of that title on the PS2 which sold really well. Its always frustrating to see that someone takes an idea or "inspired" by a sega game and becomes more successful with it than Sega. With a game like this and using a well known name like Sonic who is popular with everyone people will see these sega characters and the levels in the game inspired from various sega games and hopefully start to realize the rich content that sega has and maybe even try to find out the games that the other characters are from. Getting them the recognition that they deserve. Perhaps that this may get some TW fans or FM fans who wouldn't buy a game outside of those titles let alone a Sega game to get this one and discover the goodness that is Sega. Hopefully. Regardless i won't slam SOL and his crew for actually making what was an obscure sega game into a much anticipated series with SST and SASASR and now its sequel. They deserve an award and not condemnation from the sega fan community. But you are correct it is sort of like welcome to the family with TW and FM racing side by side with Sonic and Alex Kidd. Who would a thought that that would happen let alone see it in a game made for by Sega!

I don't think they would add DLC characters for the Japanese version, it'll probably be Total War and Football Manager too :( It would be nice to have a JP-only IP make it in for Sega fans.

I still reckon that's going to happen maybe they'll use that vocaloid character as a replacement for one of the non Sega owned DLC. But even if they dont do it with this title i think at one point they will. This series hopefully wont stop with SASASRT.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 10:38:15 am by ROJM »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #526 on: November 16, 2012, 10:51:22 am »
I'll admit, it was because of Bark and Bean's cameos in Fighters Megamix that I bought the game, and in turn was turned on to Virtua Fighter, Fighting Vipers and even sought games of other cameos in Megamix.

Shenmue's SEGA capsule toys made me aware of Bonanza Bros and Ristar, and in turn I played those games.

So yeah, perhaps we'll see some TW and FM fans buying their first non-TW/FM title with ASRT, and vice versa.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #527 on: November 16, 2012, 11:18:00 am »
Holy Crap ! This game is awesome . Really is welcome to the fantasy zone for any SEGA fan
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #528 on: November 16, 2012, 02:59:22 pm »
Glad you like it, TA!

I was sad to see Ryo not on the roster, but [spoiler]his cameo, Segata's cameo, playable Hornet, After Burner jet, Dreamcast controller boat (with all the crazy SEGA sounds), upcoming Alex Kidd DLC, Space Harrier remix, OutRun track, After Burner track, and the final track[/spoiler] more than make up for it.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #529 on: November 16, 2012, 03:10:31 pm »
I finally got my copy from Target. Toys R Us has the Wii U version in the boxes and two Wal-Marts tried to sale the game on Tuesday. F dat! Time to unlock my Oboro ninja.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #530 on: November 16, 2012, 03:14:31 pm »
It appears that one must complete every mission on "hard" mode in order to unlock the final character. So I'm pretty much NEVER going to unlock the final character, lol

Unless SEGA releases "unlock all content" DLC...

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #531 on: November 16, 2012, 03:55:29 pm »
Eurogamer has a nice review.

Highlights:

Sega's mascots and its cult figures are handled with an exquisite care: on seeing Sumo's recreation of Skies of Arcadia, the game's original producer was reportedly moved close to tears.

It's so gratifying to see the brilliant combat of Blur, sadly obscured by matters out of the game's own hands, finally finding a fitting home.

This manages to be more than just a tribute to the great and good of Sega's past - it does enough to earn its own place alongside them.

9 / 10

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #532 on: November 16, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »
All this news makes the game much more appealing to me than the last one was. I still feel like it's kind of a Mario Kart ripoff, you know how I am about this series, but I might try out the demo and see what I think of the gameplay.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #533 on: November 16, 2012, 11:32:37 pm »
Since the PC version is so far, I've been doing nothing but shamefully listen to the Soundtrack, its amazing... :'( Richard deserves a medal for this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29R3xDkMaz8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHIeHIEK9wc[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP8V6oDC7iQ[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZIUfxMtN3M[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgqkxorCvng[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7WCxsuhVjA[/youtube]

At last, but not least:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2JrwoBkJc0[/youtube]

EDIT: All-Stars themes
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNET5UHAIY8[/youtube]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:36:46 pm by Pao »

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #534 on: November 17, 2012, 12:05:51 pm »
The demo was released yesterday on XBL, it's... freakin` fantastic.  ;D

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #535 on: November 17, 2012, 12:49:05 pm »
It appears that one must complete every mission on "hard" mode in order to unlock the final character. So I'm pretty much NEVER going to unlock the final character, lol

Unless SEGA releases "unlock all content" DLC...

I heard you just have to get to 160 stars. You'll have to do some missions on hard, but now all of them. Plus you'll have some leveled up and modded racers by then.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #536 on: November 17, 2012, 12:54:37 pm »
Sega's mascots and its cult figures are handled with an exquisite care: on seeing Sumo's recreation of Skies of Arcadia, the game's original producer was reportedly moved close to tears.
Why didn't Sega buy up Sumo when they had the chance. (sigh)

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #537 on: November 17, 2012, 11:46:07 pm »
Round two has started in the petition stage on the Sega forums and Sakura made it as one of the candidates. For me, this is an American dream. Take that Bernie Solar!

I also have the game and have blisters in my fingers after drifting. From my experience, Joe Musashi has the best All-Star move.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Truesonic

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Live Sega Game Stream
« Reply #538 on: November 18, 2012, 05:15:13 pm »
My favorite music tracks in this one are from Outrun Bay, Monkey Ball, Shinobi and Burning Rangers. The music was remixed so well!
SEGA Madness Stream: Join us for happy time! - http://www.twitch.tv/wolfpackcomms

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #539 on: November 18, 2012, 06:19:16 pm »
Anybody want to play online?