Author Topic: Nintendo Direct reveals new 3DS with big screen and 2 additional SQUARE demo's  (Read 3054 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
For those who just recently got their 3ds this news may suck pretty hard but personally I think the larger screen 3DS looks pretty neat.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/nintendo-reveals-3ds-xl

It's said that it's going to be sold without an AC adapter and you have to buy one standalone. Yeah I think that's the only thing that is going to prevent me from selling my 3ds (no one is going to buy it without the AC adapter) and buying a larger screen 3DS + AC adapter would probably cost alot more than just the 3DS alone. How horrible one might think this is, it is a pretty smart move financially. I mean people who allready own a 3ds are almost forced to keep their 3ds and not sell them for lower price to others, and at the same time the no 3ds owners would still have to buy one from the stores at the regular price. But yeah it still sucks.

All this has been revealed in the 3ds' Eshop application through a few "nintendo-direct" clips. Some new footages have also been revealed, but the thing that stood out the most for me, are the 2 new demo's from square. One of the demo's is Kingdom Hearts 3D and the other is a Final fantasy rhythm game.

To my surprise they are both spectacular demo's. I'm one of the people who doesn't find much apeal in rhythm games, save for space channel 5. I also skipped rythm thief. But this final fantasy rhythm game was surprisingly good. All tracks straight(some remixed) from all the final fantasy games. It's just a great game for fans of the franchise, and the franchise is filled with masterpieces so honestly i'm thinking about getting this.

There doesn't need to be much said about Kingdom hearts. Unlike the ds games, the game plays exactly as your used to the franchise. Basically its a great kingdom hearts game on the 3DS. I'm probably not doing the game any credit but I think the kingdom hearts series after the 1st game went a little overboard. The character seemed overpowered in this demo as well.

These games are going to do the 3DS alot of good.

I'd say check out the demo's
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:19:21 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Thankfully, I'd only owned my 3DS for 10 days, so I was able to return it without much hassle.
The announcment was pretty frustrating though. It was only a few days beforehand that they specifically said they weren't working on a hardware revision for the system :(.

I'm sure the d-pad will be more comfortable on the 3DS XL.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
I was an ambassador, I paid $250 then they dropped to where I said they should launch at $180. I was ripped off $70 bucks, and actually even more cause for a while you could often find them for $130. So I am somewhat annoyed they are doing a revision so early, I am just tired of Nintendo's strategies at this point. Especially since they lied about the revision. Be up front about it, even Apple is largely upfront about revisions and when they'll be announced weeks before they are actually announced.

Oh well, this way I don't have to feel guilty about pyhruting some Nintendo titles.