Author Topic: SEGA rips our hearts out: Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive  (Read 63577 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: SEGA rips our hearts out: Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive
« Reply #180 on: May 15, 2013, 03:43:37 am »
So who knows, that plus the seven Sega Wii-U games might compel me to pick one up. Bayonetta two has a couple things working against it though: Nintendo is publishing it, it'll be on current gen hardware, and it probably won't floor me as hard as number one did because it's a sequel.

That is a lie spread by Nintendo fansites who cannot read stock reports. At most it is 4 Wii U games, but most likely 3, one of which is the next Sonic game.

So we are either looking at 2 new titles or ports of existing/up and coming titles.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #181 on: May 15, 2013, 05:24:37 am »
Can't see them being ports myself. Third party Sega traditionally sells well on Nintendo platforms so its more likely to be new titles be it cross platform titles exclusive to nintendo platforms. Sony is their second biggest market, its the xbox 360 platform that Sega usually struggles in. Since the report doesn't define whether these games are coming from SOJ or Sega west, i'd presume the majority of SOJ/second party titles will be heading towards Nintendo and Sony platforms where the Sega west games will be multiplatorm between Ps3 and 360 with one or two SOJ games for good measure.

Offline TartarusReaper

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2013, 07:58:37 pm »
Are you really suprised? I mean technically Nintendo has always pulled this trick. The SNES wasn't a proper 16 bit system depending on who you believe. The NES N64 and the Cube was the only systems nintendo actually built using the new technology at the time. The others were throwbacks put under a new hood.

Here's what I find strange. If the SNES wasn't a truly 16-bit system, then what was the Genesis? The Genesis wasn't exactly proving it was better than the SNES and was being sold as one too.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about Nintendo's performance so far. This happens like every time now, and then it turns around and people go "Oh wait, I am a hypocrite" and then suddenly say Nintendo has lightning in a bottle. The news coming out of the latest Nintendo Direct actually shows they have a solid plan going into next year.

Edit: Also, I find it amazing that people actually think Bayo 2 will be ported to another console. It's a Nintendo game, SEGA only owns the license while Nintendo paid for EVERYTHING. SEGA or Platinum have no say, and even less so with the Wonderful 101.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 08:00:39 pm by TartarusReaper »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2013, 11:33:03 pm »
Well at least by now u wouldnt buy the wii u just for 1 specific game. I think with enough "system sellers", it should be just fine. Im comfortable with it, but i can understand people, especially now the reputatioj had been damaged, are not really thay excited by the idea

Offline TartarusReaper

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #184 on: May 20, 2013, 01:43:16 am »
Are you talking about Nintendo's rep? I'm not quite sure many people cared about them to begin with, if they did they certainly aren't the loudest to begin with. I mean, it's not like the Gamecube sold well.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2013, 05:49:07 am »
Here's what I find strange. If the SNES wasn't a truly 16-bit system, then what was the Genesis? The Genesis wasn't exactly proving it was better than the SNES and was being sold as one too.

Anyway, I'm not too fussed about Nintendo's performance so far. This happens like every time now, and then it turns around and people go "Oh wait, I am a hypocrite" and then suddenly say Nintendo has lightning in a bottle. The news coming out of the latest Nintendo Direct actually shows they have a solid plan going into next year.

Edit: Also, I find it amazing that people actually think Bayo 2 will be ported to another console. It's a Nintendo game, SEGA only owns the license while Nintendo paid for EVERYTHING. SEGA or Platinum have no say, and even less so with the Wonderful 101.

All nintendo had over the genesis was a better colour palette and many Genesis games on that system soon put paid to that. The SNES was meant to use a duel super 8bit processor rather than a proper 16bit one. Its been an issue that's been argued for years, really.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2013, 06:50:10 am »
Are you talking about Nintendo's rep? I'm not quite sure many people cared about them to begin with, if they did they certainly aren't the loudest to begin with. I mean, it's not like the Gamecube sold well.
I meant the WII U, not nintendo. Nintendo's fine. Wii U is doing worse than both its predecessors so far. With all the negativity surounding it, its hard to imagine it becoming a healthy platform. It'd be cool if they achieved it before the end of this year...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:52:54 am by CrazyTails »