Author Topic: SEGA's 2013 Plans  (Read 65858 times)

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: SEGA's 2013 Plans
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2013, 05:34:52 am »
But with the way the company is being run at the moment in japan, the constant restrants on the teams and some of the legal issues and finances, it seems that Sega will be relying on sega west a bit more and more.

This is what I'm talking about. You have no idea how Sega Japan is being run, as you're not a board member, employee, or journalist covering the company from inside.

Why do Sega fans think they know this stuff? You say something about Sega Japan, that they're being run a certain way relative to (vaguely stated) "constant restrants", and "legal issues and finances"(?).

It begs the question, what are you even talking about?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2013, 05:58:31 am »

It begs the question, what are you even talking about?
Judging from the comments you have posted in this forum, that is a question you should ask yourself.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2013, 08:58:36 am »
both of you, enough! :P

thearcticsea, you wanted this topic to be about Sega's 2013 releases and now it is, stop provoking ROJM. If you cause an argument/debate to break out in this topic I won't clean it up this time, since you started it. So keep that in mind before replying to ROJM again.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2013, 09:18:18 am »
Then let's start again shall we?

Based off BTN original list....

already out
• Anarchy Reigns - Western release
• Aliens: Colonial Marines
• Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - PC & 3DS
• The Cave - Double Fine game
• Demon Tribes
• Shining Ark
• Project hell Yeah Pocket Inferno.  digital download for mobile(Just released.)

Gamesystems/handhelds

Sega west and western releases

• Yakuza 5
• PSO2
• Total War: Rome 2
• Football Manager 2014
• Company Of Heroes 2

SOJ games japan/asia region release
• Space Harrier 3Ds
•Ariel GG 3ds
•Puyo Puyo GG 3ds
• Project Diva F PS3

SOJ second party titles
 • 7th Dragon 2020 2

Digital releases
• Virtua Striker and Virtual On for XBLA and PSN (unless they release this December)
• More Sega Vintage Collections
• Skies of Arcadia and Shenmue HD Not confirmed/rumoured

Sega mobile
• Towa no Tsurugi
• Jet Set radio
• Answer X Answer pocket
• Quest of Planet
• Derby owners Club

Sega published games
• Chaos Heroes Online (PC)Japan only

Sega licensed
• Bayonetta 2 (unless it isn't til 2014)

Sega arcade
• WORLD CLUB Champion Football Intercontinental Clubs 2011-2012
• Code of Joker

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:07:58 am by ROJM »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2013, 10:28:15 am »
Edited the list to include ASRT and The Cave as released.

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2013, 11:03:40 am »
I don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way. Sorry dudes.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2013, 11:11:11 am »
• WORLD CLUB Champion Football Intercontinental Clubs 2011-2012

had to look this up. It looks awesome.
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2013, 11:18:00 am »
I don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way. Sorry dudes.

No worries :) I hope I didn't come off as mean sounding or anything. You haven't done anything wrong. I'm just trying to be fair and keep the peace in this topic, and keep it on topic since that was requested by you.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2013, 07:00:17 pm »
lol yeah I did. But I wanted to add that if Sega had marketed their other titles they may have done better, even without the Alien name.

Here's a scary thought; how much better could Colonial Marines have done (it's already doing well in the UK) if it were actually good?

Actually my point was SEGA Europe/America only cared about the Aliens titles and not how consumers are attracted to the Aliens brand!

I think the scarier thought is how much more successful SEGA could have been if Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles were made into successful franchises on an international level and help revitalize their Japanese studios. At least Creative Assembly's Alien title might end up being good, though it could go either way for that. Thanks to the Gearbox's diabolical there could be a sense of lowered expectations for the following Alien title and help to push higher than normal reviews, on the other hand it could damage the Alien brand and people would be a lot more cautious after the disappointing AvP and then the trainwreck that is Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2013, 07:17:23 pm »
Then let's start again shall we?

Based off BTN original list....

What are Skies of arcadia and shenmue doing in that list? Have I missed something or is that just speculation?

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #100 on: February 19, 2013, 08:39:37 pm »
I think the scarier thought is how much more successful SEGA could have been if Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles were made into successful franchises on an international level and help revitalize their Japanese studios. At least Creative Assembly's Alien title might end up being good, though it could go either way for that. Thanks to the Gearbox's diabolical there could be a sense of lowered expectations for the following Alien title and help to push higher than normal reviews, on the other hand it could damage the Alien brand and people would be a lot more cautious after the disappointing AvP and then the trainwreck that is Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Yeah that's what I'm worried about. Even if Creative Assembly's Alien game is amazing, they very may well have to fight against the anti-hype that Colonial Marines will serve. And that sucks.

And yeah it's definitely sad to think about how some decent marketing could have helped some of Sega's best games this gen, which got none of it in the West. Hell Namco's done pretty well with Ni No Kuni, and that's a game so Japanese that they didn't even bother translating the title, lol.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2013, 07:51:06 am »
What are Skies of arcadia and shenmue doing in that list? Have I missed something or is that just speculation?

In the first post, I noted that they are only rumored, but I think ROJM removed the "rumored" bit.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2013, 08:12:10 am »
I just added PROJECT HELL YEAH for ios on the list and added rumoured for the HD titles. So its kinda up to date to a degree. if you need to you can copy and paste the update and put it at the front of the topic, with your own spin on it since its mostly based on your list anyway.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2013, 12:57:39 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKG4TQ2JYQ

Demon Tribe for iOS. Art by Ryuta Ueda and Masayoshi Kikuchi seems to have gotten a promotion away from Ryu Ga Gotoku studios and now is general manager of SEGA Networks.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2013, 01:01:19 pm »
In the first post, I noted that they are only rumored, but I think ROJM removed the "rumored" bit.
strangely enough i would still consider this a great year just because of those HD remakes alone.

Hope the rumors are true
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:06:13 pm by CrazyTails »