Author Topic: exploit the rip offs topic  (Read 18708 times)

Offline semmie

• Banned
exploit the rip offs topic
« on: December 28, 2012, 03:03:06 am »
Let me start with one rip off that one actually thinks of as a rip off.
Sumer mario land 3d of the nintendo 3ds is played by many peeps around the world. and we all kinda like it(except me) so basically we all play it haha hihi what a nice game.

but yo segabits members u need to work that brain a bit cause when u see games like supermario land 3d and u actually pay attention and remember what u played before then u gotta admit that:

SUPERMARIOLAND3D IS A RIP OFF OF SONIC 3D MD AND SAT.

i played this mario3d against my will and trying to be a neutral gamer. and i gotta admit that the game is polished well. but just do it for anexperiment and play sonic3d after u played mario3d or do it the other way around. It is actually sega idea. and with all respect if sega wanted they could clearly find a patent in that.

so let me show u the screenshots to get used to this idea

now u all might say mario3d is better. but thats not the point. it is the rip off within.
surely mario3d has more polygons and the camera rotation.
but if you played both ull understand me. and to that i say they ripped off.

To barry: pls dont move this complicated topic t other games or sega classics. cause this is a complicated topic that fits anywhere when u talk about sega.
the meaning of this topic that anyone who finds a rip off of the past to the present games to exploit them

cause in my opinion. sega is actually the real inovator. we know the wii mote is segas as well.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
Re: exploit the rip offs topic
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 03:41:02 am »
I don't really see how this counts as a ripoff, seeing as how many games predating Sonic 3D Blast have used an isometric perspective....something Mario Land 3D clearly lacks. Sonic 3D Blast used an isometric view to create the illusion of three-dimensional depth, seeing as how Sonic, as well as his various enemies and allies, were pre-rendered 3D sprites. This is true in both the Genesis and Saturn versions.

The camera in Mario Land 3D will shift in order to give you, the player, the best possible view. I fail to see how thatt's any different from Super Mario 64.

Long story short; Mario Land 3D didn't rip off Sonic 3D Blast.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 03:42:36 am »
I can see the similarities.

But honestly though, it's a genre free and available for any character. I think it's ok if they borrow elements from each other.

So long as Bowser isn't turning those koopas into a robot army and Mario isn't hunting for the mushroomland emeralds, they're fine by me. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 09:08:35 am »
Long story short; Mario Land 3D didn't rip off Sonic 3D Blast.

Yup. I see nothing that makes 3D Blast a rip-off of 3D Land. Nothing. The isometric view has been around long before Sonic 3D Blast, and it in and of itself is not a "rip-off", it's a graphical gimmick that has been used in countless games to give the sensation of 3D space. Hell, this concept even pre-dates games.

M.C. Escher uses a false checkerboard perspective in many of his pieces:

And arcade titles have used it many times, see Qbert and Crystal Castles:

Mario 3D Land, meanwhile, is in true 3D. So the whole isometric perspective goes out the window. The only time it may resemble 3D Blast is those warp zones with the camera locked in place, but as AJ said, this is for the best possible view of the stage and it is meant to force the player to use the 3D gimmick of the 3DS (and I'll admit, it does really help in these stages).

And again, the concept of this perspective is not a SEGA thing nor is it a Sonic thing. It's just a 3/4 view perspective that has existed in countless games and, like I said, pre-dates games. It appears in art and is even something the human eye perceives in real life.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 09:36:32 am »
Yup. I see nothing that makes 3D Blast a rip-off of 3D Land. Nothing. The isometric view has been around long before Sonic 3D Blast, and it in and of itself is not a "rip-off", it's a graphical gimmick that has been used in countless games to give the sensation of 3D space. Hell, this concept even pre-dates games.

M.C. Escher uses a false checkerboard perspective in many of his pieces:

And arcade titles have used it many times, see Qbert and Crystal Castles:

Mario 3D Land, meanwhile, is in true 3D. So the whole isometric perspective goes out the window. The only time it may resemble 3D Blast is those warp zones with the camera locked in place, but as AJ said, this is for the best possible view of the stage and it is meant to force the player to use the 3D gimmick of the 3DS (and I'll admit, it does really help in these stages).

And again, the concept of this perspective is not a SEGA thing nor is it a Sonic thing. It's just a 3/4 view perspective that has existed in countless games and, like I said, pre-dates games. It appears in art and is even something the human eye perceives in real life.

fair enough bro u got me silenced. those were good examples and marble madness is also one of them

but to your advice play some sonic 3d  sat and then mario 3d. it gives you that strong dejavu
well to me at least it does

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:57:57 am »
ive been thinking about this thread and had a refusal inside my head saying to me yo wtf. sonic 3d mario 3d

and barry for real. pls play sonic 3d again cause you might v forgot. i played it again just to make sure if im not hallucinating, or perhaps that im a sega extremist.

conclusion is that it is a rip off for real. qbert is different and marble. yes they use the 3 4 view. but like u said that has been used before.
now when you play sonic 3d especially the SAT version. and u actually save flickies . kill enemies. jump onto obstacles on trampolines. surely sonic does not have a geeky bever suit. but the way you go trough levels is really similar.

sonic 3d yeah or the delayed or stopped sonic extreme. it was actually sega that made this idea official. And there is no way around it my sega fellow barry. it s what it is.

and just to add up another rip off of nintendo which some of us allready know. but for the ones that dont check this out

this is a sega dreamcast mote wireless prototype pad. it has the same stuff most of it.
source
http://www.thetanooki.com/2007/06/10/theory-of-evolution-wii-remote-related-to-dc-prototype/

so u see it is sega that is the innovator
32x
cd instead of cartridge. u know what i mean?

ok yeah people didnt bu it cause they dont dare buying it cause they are not known to the new inovative system. but still sega should get the award for being the most innovative department in console history.

u will find other consoles rip off of sega even to today
prove me wrong bro.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 10:29:31 am »

Semmie Semmie Semmie... In one ear and out the other?

First you agree with me, then you go off on this long silly argument against what you agreed with?

I didn't forget a damn thing, I don't need to replay 3D Blast to learn something. Mario 3D Land is not a 3D Blast ripoff. End of story. Qbert is no different from the faux 3D seen in 3D Blast, Crystal Castles, Zaxxon or any other 3/4 view game of the era. 3D Blast just uses the old isometric perspective to create a faux 3D Sonic/Flicky mashup.

Mario 3D land is a full on 3D title. The camera moves about, there is no isometric view. It's pretty much a more constricted Mario 64 with a greater emphasis on NES Mario gameplay. Mario isn't saving flickies or even Flicky-like creatures. Mario has jumped on trampolines long before Sonic jumped on springs. Same goes for enemies.

Really, I don't know why I'm wasting time arguing this. There is no argument to be made. 3D Land is not a 3D Blast ripoff.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 01:20:14 pm »

Semmie Semmie Semmie... In one ear and out the other?

First you agree with me, then you go off on this long silly argument against what you agreed with?

I didn't forget a damn thing, I don't need to replay 3D Blast to learn something. Mario 3D Land is not a 3D Blast ripoff. End of story. Qbert is no different from the faux 3D seen in 3D Blast, Crystal Castles, Zaxxon or any other 3/4 view game of the era. 3D Blast just uses the old isometric perspective to create a faux 3D Sonic/Flicky mashup.

Mario 3D land is a full on 3D title. The camera moves about, there is no isometric view. It's pretty much a more constricted Mario 64 with a greater emphasis on NES Mario gameplay. Mario isn't saving flickies or even Flicky-like creatures. Mario has jumped on trampolines long before Sonic jumped on springs. Same goes for enemies.

Really, I don't know why I'm wasting time arguing this. There is no argument to be made. 3D Land is not a 3D Blast ripoff.

LOLwhut

this is my sega peep barry
he doesnt understand me
he wants to kick me like andy n terry.  (fatal fury)

aah man i just dont understand how u cant see the similarities innit barry for real. its not a major rip off. but still

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 01:57:21 pm »
I'm not gonna lie that i'm having a really hard time not to laugh

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 02:19:31 pm »

LOLwhut

this is my sega peep barry
he doesnt understand me
he wants to kick me like andy n terry.  (fatal fury)

aah man i just dont understand how u cant see the similarities innit barry for real. its not a major rip off. but still

Semmie, have I told you that my name's Andy? ;)
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 03:31:58 pm »
Its true then, Semmie is an embodiment of the SEGA forums. Maybe the SEGA forums became self aware and joined SEGAbits?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 06:43:09 pm »
my sides!
SEG4GES

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 08:49:47 pm »
Sonic .gif stolen!  8)

Could we just say that Sonic Adventure was a abstract rip off of Super Mario 64 too?

I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 02:32:39 am »
Its true then, Semmie is an embodiment of the SEGA forums. Maybe the SEGA forums became self aware and joined SEGAbits?
Sad times....

Anyway, playing on a grid system in Sakura Taisen reminds me of Shining Force. I wonder if some of the employees worked on the game with those elements?

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2012, 02:33:26 am »
Sonic .gif stolen!  8)

Could we just say that Sonic Adventure was a abstract rip off of Super Mario 64 too?

in an abstrct way even REZ is a rip off of panzer dragoon

sonic adventure has a totally different 3d then mario 64. maybe in the city you will see similarities.

but like u said in an abstract way where there are only polygons seen. but ofcourse polygons only is unfinished work. but yeah like barry said the foundations are pretty muh the same in many games.

which brings me to ths phenomena that most games nowadays are all asame. pitty tho
like max payne 3
hitman absolution.
could it be that the inspiration is gone?
can u name games that actually really tried to be any different?