Author Topic: Anarchy Reigns General Discussion  (Read 15739 times)

Offline Gagaman

• Total Meseta: 2
    • http://segamemories.tumblr.com/
Anarchy Reigns General Discussion
« on: December 29, 2012, 03:54:36 am »
...on January the 11th. Or for some reason in my case, it just arrived today!

I pre ordered it from Zavvi a while back because it was only £15 there, and i got a dispatched e-mail just before Christmas and just assumed they sent that e-mail by mistake but nope, here it is!

Just curious if anyone else has got the game early like this. Either way nice to just about get this game in 2012 after all! Also I assume this will let me play online with Japanese players? Otherwise there won't be many online ahaha.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:48:21 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: So Anarchy Reigns is finally releasing in the west..
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 08:31:42 am »
Haha! That's awesome, Gagaman! I love it when a shipment goofs up with positive results (remember the free copies of the French History of Sonic book?). How is the game? Does it have a fun single player mode? Does Bayonetta have her own story mode or is she just a character in multiplayer?

Offline Grant360

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:53:14 am »
Exactly the same with me. Pre-ordered 360 version, wasnt expecting till mid Jan. Got email pre christmas. Arrived today...

When is this officially released?

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 09:56:58 am »
You lucky bastard. I ordered Max Payne 3 online through Zavvi.com on November 30th and I still have no idea when it's coming.

I did pre-order Anarchy Reigns through Sendit.com (another one from TheHut.com group) and I got an e-mail in which they told me it got dispatched immediately after Christmas day, which was kinda odd.

The game's supossed to be out on January 8th, 2013. Though stranger things have happened... My order of Resident Evil 6 arrived before launch day.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 01:47:07 pm »
I wonder if Anarchy Reigns just doesn't have an enforced release date? Most games do, but for a relatively minor title like AR that has already been out in other regions they might just adopt a 'Sell when you recieve it' policy. Jan 8th might have just been a 'guaranteed no later than' date for consumers?

I should check next time I'm at a local shop.

Offline Gagaman

• http://segamemories.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 01:26:16 pm »
How is the game? Does it have a fun single player mode? Does Bayonetta have her own story mode or is she just a character in multiplayer?
Haven't played a whole lot of it yet, but only two characters have a story mode, Bayonetta is just for multiplayer. Only has online multiplayer as well, no local it seems.

Not sure what to think of it so far. The combat is not even close to as good as in Bayonetta sadly, seems a bit clunky, but I dunno, I need to play it with more characters first.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Anarchy Reigns General Discussion
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »
Making this the general discussion. It's out in the US! Some over in the UK already have it. So, who picked it up? I sure as hell did! Can't wait to play it tonight.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 03:53:57 pm »
I still getting it on 360 but I couldn't reserve it since I had a flu. What's story mode like?

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 04:22:57 pm »
I still getting it on 360 but I couldn't reserve it since I had a flu. What's story mode like?

It's not bad at all. They try to force in some tear-jerker scenes that look ridiculous when juxtaposed with the look of the characters, but if you don't take it seriously, it's great fun. A lot of battles against creative NPCs. Not just the selectable characters (which was what I was expecting).

In many ways this is Madworld 2, or Madworld redone, I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Without ruining anything, I can say that you're basically left in an arena where waves of baddies attack you. You kill them for points. Collect enough of them and a mission marker will appear in the arena. Then you complete the mission to advance the plot and there are a set number of missions per arena. I've only completed two arenas so far.

The real fun though, is online. That's where it separates itself from Madworld and is a completely unique game.

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 05:47:30 pm »
Any info on trophies? Single player and multiplayer trophies? Fun to get?

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 09:23:10 pm »
Everyone on NeoGAF and myself have noticed that the Bayonetta codes are not working. There is a message on my reciept that the codes may not go live until 4PM Pacific. Is that tomorrow?
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:12 pm »
Out tomorrow in Aus, I'll probably pick it up and have a go.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2013, 05:39:02 am »
Unskippable cut-scenes? Worst Platinum Games title ever.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2013, 02:45:45 pm »
Okay, for real this game is utter garbage. I'm returning it tomorrow if I can be arsed.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 02:49:01 pm »
haha! wooow! you hate it? I really enjoyed the few hours I've spent with it and look forward to playing it more this weekend.

Then again, you are more into fighting games then I am, so maybe thats it? I'll admit it's a bit of a button masher, but then again I like to mash.

Explain your hatred, Jedi.