Author Topic: underrated/unrecognized games  (Read 5920 times)

Offline stang2712

• Total Meseta: 1
    • my deviantart
underrated/unrecognized games
« on: January 30, 2013, 07:34:47 am »
i want to hear about under rated sega games that yall enjoyed also some of the best under rated sega games that i know of are defenders of oasis on game gear cause it is a radical addicting rpg with an innovative save system and a setting that was not the middle ages  8)

also there was a very good platformer on the genesis called mystic defender with one of the best sound tracks of any genesis game

Offline cooprey

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: underrated/unrecognized games
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:00:18 pm »
There are two for me first is Soul Star on the mega cd, never new about this one until A.J's video for My life with sega, what an amazing game, similar to starfox but in my opinion much much better.

The other one is comix zone on the mega drive, I know most sega fans know of it but the wider world missed out on this as it came at the end of the mega drives life when everyone was jumping to saturn or playstation. I introduced it to my 12 year old son and he loves it even compared to Call of duty zombie battlefield 7!!!!!

Offline stang2712

• Total Meseta: 1
    • my deviantart
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 03:44:31 pm »
thanks ill try to check them out, i had never heard of soul star and i only hear really good things about comix zone

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 09:44:12 pm »
I always loved ShadowRun on Genesis. I know most people prefer the SNES version.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 06:44:40 am »
Some my underrated SEGA gems would be

Rise of the Dragon - Mega CD . Every bit has good (and maybe better) has Snatcher

Batman Returns - Mega CD. It really pisses me off that so many focus on the platform bits . While the driving bits are the best I've played on any 16 bit system.

Rambo III - Mega Drive. A true MD gem and a game that's so much fun .

Pen Pen Tri - DC. A DC classic and the Japanese at their maddest and best

D2- DC. Worth it alone for the hunting parts and no game has ever captured a snowy landscape so well. Also the music and story are hauntingly brilliant .

Switch - Mega CD. I love this game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 05:22:45 am »
i have the three

immortal-genesis
aztec adventure-master system
evil twin - dreamcast

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2013, 08:30:20 am »
I always regarded Evil Twin as being godawful.. Is it any good?
SEG4GES

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 08:43:02 am »
I always regarded Evil Twin as being godawful.. Is it any good?

u havent give it time enough. i hated it as well in the beginning. but the further u get the better. when u get further u will notice it to be a mixture of zeldaish rpg alike and rayman 3d replica. but when u look at the atmosphere with this stoned characters . ull definitely get the hang of it.

its one of thos games u have to at least play it 5 hours befre understanding it and like it. it a self hypnosis proces. some games if u lay them 10 hours u will still not like it. but i can guarantee u will like this one after 5 hours

its like illbleed of the dc ull hate it after 1 hour but you will love it more after 5 hours  weard isnt it?