Author Topic: Nagoshi Talks about next gen and Sega  (Read 28814 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Nagoshi Talks about next gen and Sega
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 07:37:42 pm »
There is never going to be a new Sega Console... And I'm okay with that.
I actually think Sega should get into building Sega branded gaming PCs with Steam built in.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 02:23:15 am »
This is also the first time someone from Sega has talked about a younger generation or next generation officially. I guess that it truly is an end of one particular Sega era and the dawn of another. All the people were familiar with have either left or essentially becoming mentors now. which is sad because none of the people, Suzuki, Kodama even Naka has really left Sega the way they should have, with a great game

No he said almost the exact same thing in EDGE when SEGA announced it was merging the likes of Sonic Team with UGA Ect and I think it was Edge that done a huge special (or it was another mag) and in that Nagoshi-san and the rest of the Team heads  talks about SEGA , their  and they need to make a SEGA game and all the talk over the logo .

Its talk...

The simple fact is SEGA has been very conservative this generation and I see nothing that's going to change for the next . SEGA Japan  made little new IP for this Gen (for the 360 or PS3) and even when it takes a risk with Val , its then takes the safe and easy way out with it's sequels and makes them HH only and for Nagoshi-san talk about risks all he ever does is announce a new Yakuza game .

This isn't a pop at Nagoshi-san just the reality of the current SEGA and its board unwilling
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 06:00:32 am »
Nagioshi's still from the old guard, but I think his maturity and mentality of getting these new younger teams motivated will only benefit SEGA in the long run.

I anticipate a new SEGA if it means retaining their unique style of games whilst adapting to the new market in terms of what gamers want to see from them. SEGA can still make games that appeal to the masses if they pull out all the stops to show the gamers that they have a market strategy that is akin to their 1990's adverts.

Personally, I think Nagioshi needs to sort out the whole Shining Youtube fiasco, since I am sure even he doesn't want fans hating SEGA for taking away their rights for loving the Shining Series...it'd certainly assure them that SEGA doesn't want to punish a segment of their fanbase who could potentially go to Nintendo for their SRPG fix.

I know it's not exactly his fault as to why that happened, but since he controls SEGA's image on an international scale, he could calm the debate as to why SEGA did that.

Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 08:19:48 am »
Its funny how TA is blind to the faults of Naka who did more damage to Sega during his tenure than whatever Nagoshi has done and he's criticising him for something he should agree on. Typical.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 01:09:18 am »
Its funny how TA is blind to the faults of Naka who did more damage to Sega during his tenure than whatever Nagoshi has done and he's criticising him for something he should agree on. Typical.

I'm not knocking Nagoshi at all. His hands are tied with the SEGA board. I'm just stating the facts that the current SEGA hasn't taken many risks : looking to Japan and HH for sales, making endless Yakuza games isn't risk taking and the talk of young members and staff is exactly what the likes of Nagoshi san said years back.

I was among a very creative generation with Yu Suzuki and Naka but that was a long time ago. Now we are about 40 years old. Even if there is a lot of potential still in terms of creativity it's very hard to answer a much younger audience. So there's a need to give a chance to the younger generation of creators

That's Ogunchi-san in November 2003 . SEGA talk the talk, but haven't walked the walk the old guard still control the main pipe lines

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 04:28:18 am »
I'm not knocking Nagoshi at all. His hands are tied with the SEGA board. I'm just stating the facts that the current SEGA hasn't taken many risks : looking to Japan and HH for sales, making endless Yakuza games isn't risk taking and the talk of young members and staff is exactly what the likes of Nagoshi san said years back.

I was among a very creative generation with Yu Suzuki and Naka but that was a long time ago. Now we are about 40 years old. Even if there is a lot of potential still in terms of creativity it's very hard to answer a much younger audience. So there's a need to give a chance to the younger generation of creators
That's Ogunchi-san in November 2003 . SEGA talk the talk, but haven't walked the walk the old guard still control the main pipe lines

So you use another article from EDGE to prove your point on what Nagoshi said? Wouldn't it make more sense to use the comments that Nagoshi said instead? And what would you expect them to say? "Hey everyone were gonna fail because we can't make the games we really want so don't buy them!" Come on TA you're just nitpicking.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 05:29:49 am »
So you use another article from EDGE to prove your point on what Nagoshi said? Wouldn't it make more sense to use the comments that Nagoshi said instead

It isn't just about Nagoshi-san but the spin of using a younger Team and tasking risks . SEGA just isn't doing that at all these days .

In the DC days it did and let the young Teams make the games they wanted to make and SEGA was all the better for it .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 11:58:37 am »
Bull, most of the guys including nagoshi himself had to pay their dues before they ended up leading their own teams, its no different now than it was back then. And some people are coming up and doing their own titles and they've been in sega for a while and worked to get to that position and got the plaudits along the way before they started to create their own title or lead a project or team. 

And really, all the more better for it? Yeah i forgot we anxiously awaiting the new next gen Sega console after the success of the last one... ::)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 12:01:34 pm by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 01:15:59 pm »
Bull, most of the guys including nagoshi himself had to pay their dues before they ended up leading their own teams, its no different now than it was back then.

If that was the case people like Nagoshi-san. Suzuki-san, Naka-san, Mizuguchi-san Ect would have never got their chance to lead their Teams and make the game they wanted to make.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 04:56:22 am »
If that was the case people like Nagoshi-san. Suzuki-san, Naka-san, Mizuguchi-san Ect would have never got their chance to lead their Teams and make the game they wanted to make.

Nonsense, It took them a while before they made or took lead of a project. So much you know.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 11:09:09 am »
Nagoshi's main blind spot is in his concept of loyalty -- to Sony and to focusing solely on Japan for the Yakuza franchise.  Although it's always a strong seller, it's pretty much topped out in sales the way it is.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 11:28:55 am »
Nagoshi's main blind spot is in his concept of loyalty -- to Sony and to focusing solely on Japan for the Yakuza franchise.  Although it's always a strong seller, it's pretty much topped out in sales the way it is.
i wouldn't say that was his blind spot. Sega's been ignoring the western market for years and yakuza is a symptom of that. The majority of his titles has always had a universal market appeal from SPIKE OUT to SUPER MONKEYBALL. Its only with YAKUZA that he's really focused on japan only.BD was an attempt to leave that behind. 

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 03:25:38 pm »
Nonsense, It took them a while before they made or took lead of a project. So much you know.

And how many games do you think the likes of Ueda-san and Masayoshi Kikuchi have worked on? Give them the chance to lead their own Teams and make the games they want to make.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 05:31:41 am »
And how many games do you think the likes of Ueda-san and Masayoshi Kikuchi have worked on? Give them the chance to lead their own Teams and make the games they want to make.

So you agree with me now. But wait what the hell is DEMON TRIBES? spilt milk?

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2013, 04:02:05 am »
So you agree with me now. But wait what the hell is DEMON TRIBES? spilt milk?

You think making a game of iOS is their call ? lol  No SEGA dropped and canned Udea-san big console project year's ago . Nagoshi-san shouldn't be calling the shots or leading the team. Kikuchi-san is the one that should be the Head now.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is