Author Topic: E3 2013 Megatopic  (Read 25014 times)

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: E3 2013 Megatopic
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 04:22:59 pm »
STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT! I kinda wish I'd gone to this EA conference. I did get an invite.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 04:45:27 pm »
Yeah for ps4 price is gonna be important. Most of EA stuff was new hardware = better graphics. I like that eye candy as much as the next guy though. Some of the things looked absolutely mindblowing. Need for speed and BF4 especially. I wonder if my PC will be able to handle those.

Anyway I do rather see some original concepts. If they cant do that with existing franchises, then one new IP would have at least been a breath of fresh air.

But yeah these are risky times I guess. Possibly not something you'll find at EA.

Ubisoft is next. Wii U has been totally ignored by EA lol. Let's see if ubi will show something cool. Or something original in general for any platform. I do gotta say ubi has the strongest IP's when it comes to the publisher conferences. They at least have 1 original game which is watch dogs, and assassins creed which I love.

15 minutes left :D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:47:04 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 05:39:21 pm »
Please let Darkstalkers Reborn for WiiU rumor be true!

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 06:27:15 pm »
Ubis presentation was very impressive, despite some awkward moments with that woman.

Highlights for me funnily enough were the integration of online (drm) gameplay. It seems like ubi has really embraced it and inovated upon always online strategy. Alright so ill never conform to this method of where u buy a game but u dont really own it cuz u cant play it offline. But i can at least say that ubisoft has shown its strenghts more than anyone.

Also, Assassins creed 3's world looked beautiful
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 06:32:51 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »
Sony just kicked Microsoft's ass.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 10:23:43 pm »
Microsoft just got kicked straight in the balls.  I was going to wait a couple years to pick up a ps4 but at 399, I might bite way sooner. 

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 10:30:58 pm »
Sony has done a fatality added with a Ultra Combo on Microsoft. Nintendo may be in the top tomorrow. Guess we have to wait and see.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 10:34:32 pm »
Well it's 5:30 AM here where i'm from. I had been very much looking forward to this day and it did not disappoint. There's a lot of things i'd wanna say, but I think much has been made clear already. Sony has definitely had the best presentation so far. Nintendo's next. Let's see how they stack up

Anyway good night peeps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 10:37:52 pm »
Sony won E3 by effectively doing very little.

Let's not get carried away, Metal Gear Solid V, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV and Mirror's Edge 2 are all multiplatform games, so it was not the titles that helped Sony win it. It was that there was no used games restrictions and the price.

I said this E3 will be legendary... And it is nothing short of it.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 10:52:38 pm »
Sony won E3 by effectively doing very little.

Let's not get carried away, Metal Gear Solid V, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV and Mirror's Edge 2 are all multiplatform games, so it was not the titles that helped Sony win it. It was that there was no used games restrictions and the price.

I said this E3 will be legendary... And it is nothing short of it.

Every year I get a little sad though, because sega's presence is progressively reduced.  It's like they're not even there any more.  They're never even featured as 3rd party developers during any of the conferences. 

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 11:01:05 pm »
It is sad we're not hearing anything from any Sega reps.  As much as I've been against Sony...I think they've won me over..  I don't think a lot of people will be buying into the fact there's all that DRM on xbox and you can't even let your friend borrow your game...  Wii-U and PS4 for me for sure.  Though, xbox may still be in my future..just not right away.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 11:42:50 pm »
Nah. Last gen was full of lulz and Sony fans being raged for 3 straight years.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 04:45:01 am »
Enjoyed how a certain SEGA fan site tweeted way too much Sony support on twitter. What a bunch of fuckin Nerds. There's a reason we don't tweet blatant console bias on the SEGAbits twitter, unless it's SEGA leaning. :)

Maybe they'll learn to properly tweet eventually. And no, if they come in here saying "that's not nice, apologize" I'll just laugh.

---

Anyway, not really feeling next gen if I'm honest. Not a huge Xbox fan, not a big Sony fan. I'll probably sit this gen out for a bit and focus on Wii U (not next gen, IMO), 360, and PS3. Considering ps4 isn't bc, there's a whole library of ps3 games I've yet to play. Why buy into next gen now when there's still that?

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 07:17:34 am »
Every year I get a little sad though, because sega's presence is progressively reduced.  It's like they're not even there any more.  They're never even featured as 3rd party developers during any of the conferences. 

I felt that during Square's showing. What is slightly annoying is SEGA had a strong lineup last year, they would have had a ridiculously strong lineup this year (If we had PSO2, Yakuza 5 and Miku present) and would be able to hold their own press conference.

But we have seen time and again their American/Europe branch are cheap skates when it comes to marketing.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 07:21:59 am »
So Final Fantasy XV is coming exclusively to Playstation 3 and Playstation 4. Welp, Sony is going from winning this E3 to having the generation on lockdown.

Although if I had to take one bad thing away from this E3, it is even now Sony's online is behind a paywall, which I absolutely hate. Lesser of two evil sure, but it is still evil and no one should stand for it. Playstation Plus is a fantastic service otherwise but I am worried about the precedent this sends.