Author Topic: Persona 5 and Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold  (Read 9849 times)

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Persona 5 and Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold
« on: September 28, 2013, 07:29:15 am »
http://segabits.com/blog/2013/09/26/atlus-opens-persona-countdown-site/
This is SEGA-related now, right? :V

Basically, Atlus opened a teaser site for a game that's more than likely Persona 5. It will be unveiled on November 24th.

Also, a sequel to Persona 4 Arena was announced with the best fighting game name ever: Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgtskV0Y4dY

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Persona 5 and Persona 4 Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 07:49:18 am »
That's the best name for a revision ever. Too bad I didn't enjoy the game.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 09:45:49 am »
http://segabits.com/blog/2013/09/26/atlus-opens-persona-countdown-site/
This is SEGA-related now, right? :V

Suppose so. Oddly enough Arc System works also made a couple of games for Sega directly like FIST OF NORTHSTAR ARCADE and the GUILTY GEAR titles that Sega still co owns.  What's cool though is that were now getting two verseus fighters coming from the Sega stable. PERSONA ARENA 2 and the DENGEKI BUNKO FIGHTING CLIMAX. I really hope after you mix in the VF5 guest appearences in DOA5 that Sega will attempt to do a inter company cross over fighting game or at least start to exploit the fighting games they do own. I still think Sega not only came out with some of the more intresting fighters out there (From NINKU to BLEACH DS 2nd)but have a unique mix 3d fighters to 2d fighters (VIRTUA FIGHTER FIGHTERS MEGAMIX LAST BRONX-ETERNAL CHAMPIONS DARK SIDE,GUILTY GEAR SLASH, RUMBLEFISH). Hope this heralds a new reign of Sega fighters.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 09:52:52 am by ROJM »

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 11:17:48 am »
The thread title is somewhat misleading, we don't know if it is Persona 5 yet. (it could be, but the OP has jumped the gun in this case)
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 01:07:36 pm »
The thread title is somewhat misleading, we don't know if it is Persona 5 yet. (it could be, but the OP has jumped the gun in this case)
The logo of the Persona team is on the countdown page, the official Persona Twitter account made the announcement about the page and Index registered a Persona 5 website three months ago. Besides that, the wait is long enough for a game that big. It's Persona 5.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 02:00:27 pm »
late november is far away, wonder why they would want to tease fans for so long.

I find the series fun and interesting, but I'm not a fanatic, glad I'm not, this teaser would drive me crazy lol.

No point in getting hyped up anyways, not like it will get localized (lol)

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 03:08:04 pm »
No point in getting hyped up anyways, not like it will get localized (lol)
Actually, Persona games generally do pretty well in the west. Besides that, unless Sega is crazy enough to close Atlus USA, which is known for being great with localization, it's probably getting localized.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 09:52:04 pm »
Suppose so. Oddly enough Arc System works also made a couple of games for Sega directly like FIST OF NORTHSTAR ARCADE and the GUILTY GEAR titles that Sega still co owns.  What's cool though is that were now getting two verseus fighters coming from the Sega stable. PERSONA ARENA 2 and the DENGEKI BUNKO FIGHTING CLIMAX. I really hope after you mix in the VF5 guest appearences in DOA5 that Sega will attempt to do a inter company cross over fighting game or at least start to exploit the fighting games they do own. I still think Sega not only came out with some of the more intresting fighters out there (From NINKU to BLEACH DS 2nd)but have a unique mix 3d fighters to 2d fighters (VIRTUA FIGHTER FIGHTERS MEGAMIX LAST BRONX-ETERNAL CHAMPIONS DARK SIDE,GUILTY GEAR SLASH, RUMBLEFISH). Hope this heralds a new reign of Sega fighters.

I would fucking love another Last Bronx, but I really doubt Sega has any interest in it. Not to mention I don't know if there would be that much of a market for a new 3D Fighter with Tekken, VF, Soul Calibur and DoA already around. A relatively unknown IP probably wouldn't cut it. I would really like to see it happen though.

At this point I'd be happy to get some news on VF6. Having said that I'm still very happy playing VF5:FS, I've still go so much more to room to improve. Need to find some players in Canada...

Offline ROJM

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 06:59:14 am »
I would fucking love another Last Bronx, but I really doubt Sega has any interest in it. Not to mention I don't know if there would be that much of a market for a new 3D Fighter with Tekken, VF, Soul Calibur and DoA already around. A relatively unknown IP probably wouldn't cut it. I would really like to see it happen though.

At this point I'd be happy to get some news on VF6. Having said that I'm still very happy playing VF5:FS, I've still go so much more to room to improve. Need to find some players in Canada...
Wouldn't mind seeing LAST BRONX, especially with the effort they put into that game with the characters manga toys and movie and all. VF6 will probably come out soon enough, I think the crowd would like to see something I've noticed that the tournements on the arcade side has diminished corncerning VF5 but Sega makes so much money on these little updates it takes longer for a sequel to really arrive.But since the last game VF5 arrived around the same period as the release of the PS3, maybe we shall see it appear between now and summer 2014.
Not so much a new 3D fighter but at least exploit the ones they do have. Most of the Sega versus fighters i own i had to import.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 08:31:56 am »
I heard that the arcade tournament scene has diminished a bit as well, but it still seems they have the Beat Tribe Cups and whatnot, which still pull decent numbers. I really wish it would take off more in the west as well though.

I agree on Last Bronx, I don't think the gameplay was up to VF levels, but the characters and music etc was all top notch. I would love to see them do something new with it.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 03:28:20 am »
I heard that the arcade tournament scene has diminished a bit as well, but it still seems they have the Beat Tribe Cups and whatnot, which still pull decent numbers. I really wish it would take off more in the west as well though.

I agree on Last Bronx, I don't think the gameplay was up to VF levels, but the characters and music etc was all top notch. I would love to see them do something new with it.
Its always been semi underground in the west when it comes to tourneys. Sega to me missed a trick when they took over Gameworks but never connected that and Sega Amusements USA to the Sega.com website and tried to organise events to launch games or trying to bring the consumer Sega fans to the arcades and the arcade sega gamers towards consumer. It was a missed oppurtunity mainly because SOA is run by people who haven't got a clue. VF5 could have easily benefitted from something like that. I know because Sega did it before promoting various games in the UK and the USA in the nineties. The ETERNAL CHAMPIONS tour across shopping malls in America obviously worked when you read that EC was the best selling versus fighting game on the megadrive for example. Or how they use to promote SONIC with that event they did back in alcatraz which Sega Japan also micmicked for the game's japanese release(people wearing prison clothes was as far as they went down there) no we have a subsidary controlled by people with degrees and masters and what not but no actual love, respect or knowledge of the company they're working for. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 03:31:20 am by ROJM »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 11:00:39 am »
Its always been semi underground in the west when it comes to tourneys. Sega to me missed a trick when they took over Gameworks but never connected that and Sega Amusements USA to the Sega.com website and tried to organise events to launch games or trying to bring the consumer Sega fans to the arcades and the arcade sega gamers towards consumer. It was a missed oppurtunity mainly because SOA is run by people who haven't got a clue. VF5 could have easily benefitted from something like that. I know because Sega did it before promoting various games in the UK and the USA in the nineties. The ETERNAL CHAMPIONS tour across shopping malls in America obviously worked when you read that EC was the best selling versus fighting game on the megadrive for example. Or how they use to promote SONIC with that event they did back in alcatraz which Sega Japan also micmicked for the game's japanese release(people wearing prison clothes was as far as they went down there) no we have a subsidary controlled by people with degrees and masters and what not but no actual love, respect or knowledge of the company they're working for. 
To be fair, I think they have done a good job with VF5 in attempting to change that. Getting on the main stage at EVO for the grand final was great, the launch party with Fuudo vs Chibita was a success and they've already had two Sega Cup tournaments (US and Europe). I would have liked to see them have some kind of presence at this year's EVO as well though.

I really hope they continue and build on that kind of thing for VF6, or even this Persona game if they decide to publish west. I know the last one was at Evo a few years ago with a pre-release build that seemed to draw in some crowds.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 12:21:03 pm »
Well at least that's a start. I obviously missed that since i dont really pay attention to that side of things anymore mainly because of work. But you must be talking about SHOWDOWN and  not VF5 surely?
As for PERSONA, it'd be a good idea but i'm pretty sure Atlus USA will just handle that while SOA will continue to ignore any new fighters that's not VF related for the seeable future. But i'd love to see them do that with any game. BINARY DOMAIN never really got that push even in the trade shows as ALIENS CM got more attention. Big mistake that was...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 12:42:42 pm »
^Yeah, I meant FS. They did put on quite a bit of community support.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 04:48:52 am »
^Yeah, I meant FS. They did put on quite a bit of community support.
I think they will do it for VF6 when it gets its port, they wont do it for any other game and especially not Atlus.