Author Topic: Interested in a complete set of official US Dreamcast mags?  (Read 10377 times)

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
Interested in a complete set of official US Dreamcast mags?
« on: December 16, 2013, 09:00:50 pm »
Tried asking an admin if this was okay to post here, but no response, so I'll risk the consequences if it isn't kosher to post.

Yes, I am in dire need of money right now to meet a dream of mine of performing in a music group a few states away from me. So, I am willing to part with a complete set of the official US Dreamcast magazines. Pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, I have this still for sale: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46179
As well as some Sonic memorabilia that I've collected over the years, and some of my Shenmue collection items I'm willing to sell so I can have this opportunity. Please post here or message me for more details. I'm really, REALLY hopeful to sell these, and they'll likely end up on eBay if I don't get any offers or a good price here. Hate to be a salesman here, but I have no choice, I'm willing to do anything.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Interested in a complete set of official US Dreamcast mags?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 06:07:41 am »
I never received a message from you, did you send it to George? He's been MIA for a month. But yeah, this topic is totally fine. Established users can do stuff like this.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 11:15:04 am »
Cool, thanks. I just sent it to Nuckles, I was browsing and he was the first one I saw. I don't even know if he's more than just a writer, but I just sent it to him.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 12:47:10 pm »
Cool, thanks. I just sent it to Nuckles, I was browsing and he was the first one I saw. I don't even know if he's more than just a writer, but I just sent it to him.

Oh yeah, He's a writer and likely did not see the PM. If you have questions about the forums and stuff, contact Kori or myself (or George once he returns from the North Pole).

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 01:16:54 pm »
Yeah, sorry. Plus, this sort of thing isn't exactly my jurisdiction.

I'd be interested in the magazines...though I'm not sure how much you expect to get for them.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »
It's all good. I'm looking to get at least $100 for the magazines, to make back what I paid for them, and hopefully then some. I really want to make this opportunity I have work. Let me know if you are interested, or else they'll just end up on eBay.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 08:00:12 pm »
$100 is kind of pushing it for me. The completed listings on eBay are all over the place in terms of prices for the mags. Still, they could make good research materials.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 08:17:48 pm »
Are you interested in buying them, nuckles?

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 11:05:08 pm »
I'm thinking about it. Honestly, I'd be quicker to jump on these at that price in January, when I'm done with holiday expenses.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 11:48:42 pm »
I see. I'd love to get the money from them sooner rather than later...I'm strapped for cash and the weekends aren't going to stop coming, when I need to be in Indianapolis. When will you know for sure if you want them before January?

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 11:05:20 pm »
I can't spend $100 on DC mags right now. I'd be more willing at a lower price, but I figure you won't be game for that until they sit on eBay for awhile.

I looked through completed listings for the mags, and whether they sell or not has been pretty sporadic. I guess you'll have to try your luck on there. Just be sure to sell them as a set, cause otherwise only the first few issues will sell and you'll be left with the rest. You might get your asking price of $100 on eBay, cause that was the price of one other recently sold set.

I am interested in what your other merch is.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 11:08:04 pm by nuckles87 »

Offline Nathan

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2013, 04:54:38 pm »
Here are some pictures, plus the YS autograph and magazines. It's not much, but may be of worth to a Sonic/Shenmue collector. Ask me if you have any questions at all.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 10:54:36 am »
What are these two Shenmue things at the bottom of this pic?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/ulyi.jpg/

Offline Nathan

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 12:13:09 pm »
Both soundtracks. I don't think they are the official copies, but bootlegs, as the officials are way hard to come by anymore. On the far right is a Japanese copy of VF3TB, containing the Project Berkely disc.