Author Topic: Rare Sega Games  (Read 21078 times)

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
Re: Rare Sega Games
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 04:05:00 pm »
There's a bunch more that aren't in that thread too. Mostly Model 2 games like House of the Dead, Rail Chase 2, and Sega Ski Super G. Check the videos tab on my channel page to see everything.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2014, 11:18:29 pm »
Lol. I am not sure what was I thinking. I now realize that you had your channel on your footnote the entire time. Maybe it's because I am new to forum websites, I guess. It seems that I still should have known that it was ok to post your channel on this website, if it was right there. Anyway, the game itself kind of interests me for two reasons. One is that it looks as if it could have had more of a chance in becoming a more popular game. I guess it was just not as popular because it was released late on the Dreamcast. The other reason is that it kind of reminds me of the game Blue Stinger. This is most likely due to the fact of its overall futuristic Dreamcast feel.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2014, 06:17:23 am »
Lol. I am not sure what was I thinking. I now realize that you had your channel on your footnote the entire time. Maybe it's because I am new to forum websites, I guess. It seems that I still should have known that it was ok to post your channel on this website, if it was right there. Anyway, the game itself kind of interests me for two reasons. One is that it looks as if it could have had more of a chance in becoming a more popular game. I guess it was just not as popular because it was released late on the Dreamcast. The other reason is that it kind of reminds me of the game Blue Stinger. This is most likely due to the fact of its overall futuristic Dreamcast feel.

It's a Saturn game. :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:22:06 am by Saturn Memories »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!

Offline Spock

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2014, 08:01:11 pm »
It's a Saturn game. :)

Ah. I stated earlier in the thread that I did not own a Saturn. I suppose if I ever buy a Saturn, then I can get this game. Until then, I will have to stick with the other rare Sega games that I was interested in earlier in this thread.  For those of you who do not know what I said earlier in the thread, I want Genesis and Dreamcast games only. Any other gaming suggestions with these two consoles would be great...

Offline metateen

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2014, 07:06:44 am »
Isn't Time stalkers a rarity?~

Offline loempiavreter

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 09:42:25 pm »
Does it matter how long the game is when I said that the hours are subjective? Even if I played it for 30 hours and completed everything in the world, I still don't believe it's worth the money, and like I said before, no game, SEGA or otherwise, is worth that price.

PDS was a cheapie, payed 100 bucks for it. Besides I think your wrong money is there to burn. For the right game, 45 record or film reel...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 09:48:17 pm by loempiavreter »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2014, 07:31:22 am »
I was looking at old articles I wrote for The Saturn Junkyard and 4 years ago I was bitching about PDS being too expensive at $150. Now it's $300. Fuck!

I went ahead and purchased Panzer Dragoon Azel. I figure (1) it was only $28 and (2) I own a Japanese Saturn so why not.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2014, 12:47:59 pm »
Get a FAQ warmed up. LOL!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:50:56 pm by mylifewithsega »
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2014, 01:06:43 pm »
I might play along with a PDS playthrough. Watch a cutscene, get the gist of where to go, then play Azel until I get stuck or encounter another cutscene, then return to the playthrough of PDS to catch up on whats going on.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 01:32:01 pm »
I might play along with a PDS playthrough. Watch a cutscene, get the gist of where to go, then play Azel until I get stuck or encounter another cutscene, then return to the playthrough of PDS to catch up on whats going on.

"....good luck."
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Spock

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2014, 12:38:13 pm »
PDS was a cheapie, payed 100 bucks for it. Besides I think your wrong money is there to burn. For the right game, 45 record or film reel...

Does PDS stand for Panzer Dragoon Saga? If it does, then I doubt I will be able to play it. Seems as if everyone wants to mention Saturn games. I guess I should just buy a Saturn.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2014, 12:40:02 pm »
Saturn probably has the most quality rare titles, SEGA CD probably comes in second but it's far easier to play emulated SEGA CD games.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2014, 01:23:10 pm »
Saturn probably has the most quality rare titles, SEGA CD probably comes in second but it's far easier to play emulated SEGA CD games.

SSF has been in development for around 10 years now, and since multi-core CPUs started becoming common in PCs, Saturn emulation is now pretty damn great.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2014, 02:15:50 pm »

Guess I should send you that copy soon?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2014, 06:27:50 pm »
As mentioned Saturn has a slew of 'rare' titles because it was a flop in the west but big in Japan. It meant a lot of limited production games and under-appreciated titles that fell through the cracks. It helped that it was a powerhouse at the time and got a lot of really top quality arcade ports.