Author Topic: SEGA at E3. Predictions?  (Read 16977 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGA at E3. Predictions?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 09:57:41 am »
As Aki-at said, after the VF anniversary was such a fizzer, I wouldn't expect anything at all for V-On. Might be surprised, but I also might win the lottery.

As for Bayo, if anything Nintendo will be showing that off, not Sega.

I forgot about Guilty Gear XRD, but I think that's far too early to be showing at consumer shows. Also it would depend on ATLUS/Sega doing the port. I am keen to see how that game develops though  :))

I would even be excited for some more HD releases of classics like Skies of Arcadia and Shenners, maybe even JSRF since the first is out now?

It's such a shame Sega had such a spotty history with ports and remakes, from the horrendous stuff like Crazy Taxi and SC5 to the sublime JSR re-release. If they have the JSR guys on board still would be great to see more ports coming from classic DC titles (Steam please!) Not to mention, I would buy Crazy Taxi on Steam if they did the port properly and had the original music!

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 12:41:51 pm »
Shining Resonance is announced!

Fuck man, I was hoping it was an amazing Shining x Resonance of Fate crossover. :(

I bet it won't be released in the West either AND to top it all off, it looks like they MAY use the CANVAS engine.

http://nichegamer.net/2014/05/shining-resonance-a-new-rpg-by-the-developer-of-wild-arms-is-revealed-for-ps3/

;_____________________________;
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 01:26:53 pm »
Media.Vision again. Tony Taka again.

Shining again.

edit: I decided to explain my post more: it comes across as more of the same nu-Shining, and when the previous fare didn't seem appealing and wasn't coming here anyway, there isn't much to be excited about.

The platform question was not answered though. Probably Vita.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 01:33:25 pm by inthesky »
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 02:00:38 pm »
Media.Vision again. Tony Taka again.

Shining again.

edit: I decided to explain my post more: it comes across as more of the same nu-Shining, and when the previous fare didn't seem appealing and wasn't coming here anyway, there isn't much to be excited about.

The platform question was not answered though. Probably Vita.

Pretty much. Sega still dragging their franchises through mud while saying "You mad, son? YOU MAD?" to the fans.

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 02:01:31 pm »
Sorry, turns out this is for the PS3

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 02:31:37 pm »
I think at this point the closest we will ever get to classic Shining is AM2's Shining Force Cross. All the SRPG Shining games bombed in Japan and the classic ones hardly ever sold well, the series is more successful now than it ever has been. It's time to move on guys : (

On a sidenote, glad SEGA Japan is still making console games! If only they'd pass their titles over to Atlus to bring out over here since SoA/SoE has not intentions to.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 02:49:20 pm »
On a sidenote, glad SEGA Japan is still making console games! If only they'd pass their titles over to Atlus to bring out over here since SoA/SoE has not intentions to.

Speaking of which, how long do you think they'll allow Atlus USA to co-exist with Sega West? There's gotta be a certain amount of redundancy between the two.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 03:06:29 pm »
I think at this point the closest we will ever get to classic Shining is AM2's Shining Force Cross. All the SRPG Shining games bombed in Japan and the classic ones hardly ever sold well, the series is more successful now than it ever has been. It's time to move on guys : (

I've accepted it. I didn't realise the old games never sold well though, I thought at least the MD ones were supposed to be okay (Why else make so many?).

I've just generally given up on Sega a long time ago, I wouldn't even call myself a Sega fan anymore, and I have zero excitement for anything they do unless it's Virtua Fighter. I would say Yakuza, but they don't even translate those anymore so...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 03:50:48 pm »
Speaking of which, how long do you think they'll allow Atlus USA to co-exist with Sega West? There's gotta be a certain amount of redundancy between the two.

Not sure about that, doubt they're going to try destabilizing their Atlus investment so soon after pouring $100 million into it, especially as their US arm has a better track record at providing results for Japanese titles than SEGA's American branch.

I've accepted it. I didn't realise the old games never sold well though, I thought at least the MD ones were supposed to be okay (Why else make so many?).

SEGA likes to bleed money. IIRC they were worried about sales for the series as far back as Shining Force 2.

I've just generally given up on Sega a long time ago, I wouldn't even call myself a Sega fan anymore, and I have zero excitement for anything they do unless it's Virtua Fighter. I would say Yakuza, but they don't even translate those anymore so...

But what about Miku Mang?! Come lower that facade of muscularity and embrace the cutesy side of your life, let there be no doubts in your soul.

Anyway where you're coming from but what about Alien: Isolation or have you been burnt badly by Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 04:39:03 pm »
Not sure about that, doubt they're going to try destabilizing their Atlus investment so soon after pouring $100 million into it, especially as their US arm has a better track record at providing results for Japanese titles than SEGA's American branch.

The layoffs don't necessarily have to be aimed at Atlus USA. Regardless, I think one will eventually be integrated into the other, and the Atlus USA name ends up being retired.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 04:45:28 pm by Saturn Memories »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 10:53:25 am »

SEGA likes to bleed money. IIRC they were worried about sales for the series as far back as Shining Force 2.

But what about Miku Mang?! Come lower that facade of muscularity and embrace the cutesy side of your life, let there be no doubts in your soul.

Anyway where you're coming from but what about Alien: Isolation or have you been burnt badly by Aliens: Colonial Marines?

I honestly don't even know what Hatsune Miku games are supposed to be. Are they rhythm/karaoke games?

As for Colonial Marines, I'm cautiously optimistic about it, unrelated to Colonial Marines scandal, but just because it's been so long since anyone did Survival Horror well. It's shaping up nicely so far. At the same time, I forgot that it's an in-house developed Sega game so I guess I can add that. It felt like it was just a publishing job, which could have been any developer. I will have to give Sega props if they release it as an actual horror game, considering Evil Within looks like 'Resident Evil 4-6' rather than Survival Horror.

I also remembered that I enjoy the CoH series (although that's declining rapidly), I guess that's technically a Sega game, but really Sega just bought the IP when it was nearly finished.

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 01:07:10 pm »
Yeah it's worth noting that Sega is making a PS3 RPG. A safe venture IMO, but still something that is intriguing

as for Sonic Boom:

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/05/14/sega-explain-radio-silence-sonic-boom/

possibly not at E3?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 01:27:34 pm »
Yeah it's worth noting that Sega is making a PS3 RPG. A safe venture IMO, but still something that is intriguing[/url]

Is that the Shining game that will never be translated?

Offline inthesky

• Altaha Abilia
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 10:22:27 pm »
Yes. ;)

I have no idea why that post showed up here though. But I do have something to throw here anyway:

Lifted from this NeoGAF thread.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 11:12:28 pm »
Capcpom XD.
The SEGA stand looks small but lets hope they will replace quantity with quality.