Author Topic: Any gameplay for the Japanese version of All-Stars Transformed?  (Read 10560 times)

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: Any gameplay for the Japanese version of All-Stars Transformed?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2014, 12:15:01 pm »
Are Wreck-it-Ralph and Danica Patrick in this version ?
What about those exclusives for PC (Ryo; Total War warrior) ?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2014, 12:23:36 pm »
Yes to Danica and Ralph, no to the others.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2014, 12:55:27 pm »
It's the same thing.  I thought I was at my grandparents' house for a minute, but at least they fought in WWII.
I've honestly never considered 'Japs' to be an offensive term. Informal, but never thought of it as insulting in any way.
I'm really surprised that you took it that way and that Barry felt the need to change the thread title.

In any event, I still haven't played this game on general principal, even though everyone is cumming buckets over it here and elsewhere.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 02:14:19 pm »
I've honestly never considered 'Japs' to be an offensive term. Informal, but never thought of it as insulting in any way.
I'm really surprised that you took it that way and that Barry felt the need to change the thread title.

In any event, I still haven't played this game on general principal, even though everyone is cumming buckets over it here and elsewhere.
It's a mechanically well designed game. The fanservice ends up being the least important aspect onve you discover the depth. After spending a lot of time competitively with the game there are a couple of things I noticed however which are very exploitable, which is the boosting stat. There's a couple of characters with max boost stat, and since you are boosting most of the time through drifts etc, the best players usually have these characters picked. But there's only a couple and the game doesnt allow the same character picks by multiple people so it tends to become unfair when in a lobby full of pros.

I would say the game leans a bit too much towards skill > luck through items. I like that a lot but it sucks for example when I like to play with friends splitscreen online. They usually end up last. I'm not saying there should be a blue shell, but i'd like to see more of a balance next time...

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 03:57:35 pm »
Game looks like an enhanced, Diddy Kong racing with a bunch of characters nobody is going to know about asides Wreck-it-Ralph. I wish SEGA would do some justice and make Sonic and gang use their feet, just not Amy. The logic that Amy can't run fast, is because she does not have Sonic speed. If she did, then she would probably catch him by now

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 08:15:21 pm »
Game looks like an enhanced, Diddy Kong racing with a bunch of characters nobody is going to know about asides Wreck-it-Ralph. I wish SEGA would do some justice and make Sonic and gang use their feet, just not Amy. The logic that Amy can't run fast, is because she does not have Sonic speed. If she did, then she would probably catch him by now

Please can we just ban him already? Please? Barry? *falls to knees and begs*

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 08:49:34 am »
Please can we just ban him already? Please? Barry? *falls to knees and begs*

Remember how long it took to ban fluffy?
Yeah. Regal isn't technically breaking any rules so he'll be here forever, he's just being incoherent and inane most of the time.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 09:58:34 am »
Remember how long it took to ban fluffy?
Yeah. Regal isn't technically breaking any rules so he'll be here forever, he's just being incoherent and inane most of the time.

Not to get off topic, but since a lot of people have been mentioning Regalsin, I thought I'd say something.

As MadeMan mentioned, Regalsin isn't technically breaking any rules. However, I do think that making sense and making cohesive comments is something that needs to be enforced even if it is not mentioned in our rules (however it soon will be, I'm working with Will and George on this). I've just sent Regalsin a message stating that he needs to think before he posts - is the comment coherent to other members? Does it add to the conversation in anyway?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:08:17 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 06:08:48 pm »
You could read my god forsaken posts perfectly fine. If you have a problem, then send me a message, don't be like "KiLL IT KILL IT KILL IT".  Not everybody is an English major. Yes, ( or should it be Yeeeeessssss...... ) I know how colleges can be strict with writing, but it is the internet for crying out loud. We went over this in the past, I am talking the way past. Maybe that is why politicians, always makes short statements not to confuse people so much.

Maybe your problem is that you are not reading my posts out loud. Your just reading it for grammatical errors, instead of trying to get the point entirely. Maybe you are just old.

Drop it. Any more and I'm issuing a warning.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 07:07:38 am »
Are you serious? Are we really getting that touchy now? It's not like he called them nips...

Exactly. The word JAP in the game industry has always meant Japanese gaming and never referred to a slur at all. It was used to describe many titles of Japanese origin back in the good old days of grey import trading like USA or UK was referred to their game titles and territories.