Author Topic: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"  (Read 253635 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #1050 on: August 28, 2024, 12:05:15 am »
Capcom Fighting Collection 2 adds Dreamcast classics Power Stone, Power Stone 2, Project Justice, & more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bkLKebJ2so

HIT THE BELL! Its finally here, the grand return of Power Stone. Are you ready for the Power Stone wars once again? I guess this new Capcom Fighting Collection 2 marks the end of an era, the era of the such titles like Power Stone, Power Stone 2 and Project Justice finally getting a ‘superior’ release to the SEGA Dreamcast. I know some people will say that Power Stone Collection from 2006 would be considered ‘better’, but quite frankly found the loading and graphics superior on Dreamcast.
Though this new collection is set to make all that a ...

Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2024/08/27/capcom-fighting-collection-2-adds-dreamcast-classics-power-stone-power-stone-2-project-justice-more/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 12:07:17 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #1051 on: August 28, 2024, 12:06:32 am »
I don't have any of the Virgon Books, but I have the whole collection of Adventure Gamebooks.

~Did You Know~
Martin Adams is actually a pseudonym of three authors, James Wallis, Carl Sargent and Marc Gascoigne. James Wallis also written the GameBooks: Metal City Mayhem and Jungle Rangers.

Wow... I wonder why they use pseudonym. Didn't they want to get famous?

There's a Dreamcast controller for PC? Does it have twin analogue sticks?

Just like Saturn Fight Stick, it's still W.I.P and "subject to licensor approval".

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #1052 on: August 31, 2024, 10:13:49 am »
Wow... I wonder why they use pseudonym. Didn't they want to get famous?
I dunno.
Just like Saturn Fight Stick, it's still W.I.P and "subject to licensor approval".

I would love a 3D Control Pad or Dreamcast controller for modern PC.

I also don't get why Retro-Bit has not made a DE-9 to USB converter for existing Sega controllers. I mean I get why they want to make and market their own USB Sega controllers but you'd think something as simply as a DE-9 to USB converter could be made. Especially if it work for other vintage controllers with a DE-9 port, such as Atari, Commodore, Amiga and others.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1053 on: September 02, 2024, 10:58:23 pm »
I would love a 3D Control Pad or Dreamcast controller for modern PC.

I also don't get why Retro-Bit has not made a DE-9 to USB converter for existing Sega controllers. I mean I get why they want to make and market their own USB Sega controllers but you'd think something as simply as a DE-9 to USB converter could be made. Especially if it work for other vintage controllers with a DE-9 port, such as Atari, Commodore, Amiga and others.

Actually it's not that simple if it involves USB port. It always took years to make.
It has to address many compatibility issues with various PC type and hardware models (plus console regions for consoles) nd made the drivers for them one by one from scratch.
It's easier if it's only directed to specific one console only (example: Saturn controller for Dreamcast or SNES controller for SEGA Mega Drive).

Offline Berto

« Reply #1054 on: September 02, 2024, 11:01:25 pm »
"Sega Mania Magazine - 7 Issue Collection" Kickstarter has been 100% Funded!
26 days to go!

A very limited run of the first 7 issues of Sega Mania Magazine, in the brand new perfect-bound format.
Following the speedy sell out of the first 25 bundles, we have increased the number available by a further 25.
This is open to UK and EU customers only as the combined weight of the magazines is 2.4kg, which makes the cost to ship them internationally prohibitive.
Please note that we do not ...

Link : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/segamaniacollection/sega-mania-magazine-7-issue-collection

Offline Berto

« Reply #1055 on: September 03, 2024, 12:01:02 am »
SEGA Asia Publisher Sale 2024 Now!

There's no time like now to be a RGG fan.
Like A Dragon: Ishin!, Lost Judgment, Yakuza 6 and more are now on sale at up to 90% off!
Score the latest deals on RGG titles, Alien: Isolation, Sakura Wars, SEGA Mega Drive Classics, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown, and other SEGA games at the SEGA Asia Publisher Sale happening from now till 11 September.

Find out more: https://sales-event-asia.sega.com/sale/en/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1056 on: September 03, 2024, 03:46:49 pm »
Actually it's not that simple if it involves USB port. It always took years to make.
It has to address many compatibility issues with various PC type and hardware models (plus console regions for consoles) nd made the drivers for them one by one from scratch.
It's easier if it's only directed to specific one console only (example: Saturn controller for Dreamcast or SNES controller for SEGA Mega Drive).
Yeah but I know the Atari, Commodore, Amiga, Master System and consoles before that all used DE-9 ports. DE-9 was like the USB at the time. You'd think a converted would be made for them by now.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1057 on: September 05, 2024, 02:42:41 am »
ACA NEOGEO Selection Vol. 1 and 2 announced for Switch

ACA NEOGEO Selection Vol. 1
Baseball Stars Professional
Fatal Fury 2
Ghost Pilots
Metal Slug 4
Mutation Nation
Neo Turf Masters
Samurai Shodown
Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
Stakes Winner 2
The King of Fighters ’95

ACA NEOGEO Selection Vol. 2
Alpha Mission II
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug X
Riding Hero
Samurai Shodown V
Savage Reign
Shock Troopers
The King of Fighters ’94
Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy
Top Player’s Golf

Both will launch on December 12 in Japan for ...

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2024/09/aca-neogeo-selection-vol-1-and-2-announced-for-switch

Offline Berto

« Reply #1058 on: September 05, 2024, 02:50:29 am »
Yeah but I know the Atari, Commodore, Amiga, Master System and consoles before that all used DE-9 ports. DE-9 was like the USB at the time. You'd think a converted would be made for them by now.

Yes, but they won't work safely outside of the consoles and sometimes it couldn't work at all.
Thet weren't designed nor tested for another consoles.
For example if you use Sega controllers on Commodore machines, somehow if you pressed "B" and hit a keyboard key at same time, it could fry the chip.
Sure making a converter could solve that but it's only needed 1 machine to test, while USB needed a lot of PC and operating system types to test.
Back then there weren't many types of PC configurations and operating systems like now.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1059 on: September 08, 2024, 09:57:28 am »
Yes, but they won't work safely outside of the consoles and sometimes it couldn't work at all.
Thet weren't designed nor tested for another consoles.
For example if you use Sega controllers on Commodore machines, somehow if you pressed "B" and hit a keyboard key at same time, it could fry the chip.
Sure making a converter could solve that but it's only needed 1 machine to test, while USB needed a lot of PC and operating system types to test.
Back then there weren't many types of PC configurations and operating systems like now.
I did not know how potentially dangerous it was.It's just there's hardly any videos on YouTube experimenting with this kind of stuff.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1060 on: September 08, 2024, 09:46:19 pm »
I did not know how potentially dangerous it was.It's just there's hardly any videos on YouTube experimenting with this kind of stuff.

I did have one experience with that (using a peripheral that I thought was supported but turned out it's not) and it blew up my one and only SEGA Master System.
It's not working anymore.
Thankfully I could still play my SEGA Master System cartridges in my Mega Drive using a converter.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1061 on: September 10, 2024, 01:14:31 am »
Happy 25th Anniversary to the SEGA Dreamcast! 🎉

To celebrate, the team at Limited Run Games has created an exclusive collection of products—including trading cards, tees, hoodies, hats, skate decks, and more!
Pre-order now and party like it’s 9.9.99 all over again!

Link : https://bit.ly/3TlyqyS

Offline Berto

« Reply #1062 on: September 10, 2024, 01:17:52 am »
Dreamcast D6 Wireless controller is coming soon!

D6 Dreamcast Wireless 6-Button Controller for Dreamcast, Switch, and PC
$49.99
Warranty: 12 Months
Pre-Orders will start soon!
Join the waitlist to be notified.
Estimated release: 2025

Link : https://retrofighters.com/our-collection/d6-dreamcast-6-button-wireless-controller/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1063 on: Today at 02:00:50 pm »
I did have one experience with that (using a peripheral that I thought was supported but turned out it's not) and it blew up my one and only SEGA Master System.
It's not working anymore.
Thankfully I could still play my SEGA Master System cartridges in my Mega Drive using a converter.
If you buy a cheap Master System to "sacrifice", you could do a video testing DE-9 controllers. Because this is something I genuinely wanted to know about.