Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?  (Read 73393 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?
« on: October 27, 2014, 01:56:15 pm »
Hey guys I found this cool website that had this tip:
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/10/27/is-segas-valkyria-chronicles-heading-to-pc-a-recent-pegi-rating-says-it-is/

So yeah, whaddya think? Is Sega doing something right? Or is it going to be a port of the new Valkyria Chronicles mobile phone free to play game where you dress selvaria in increasingly risque outfits?

Will there be more games to come? Or will this be a curious one-off that Sega does and then promptly forgets about. Like Jet Set Radio.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Valkyria Chronicles PC port incoming?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:12:40 pm »
Everyone here will buy it.

And then we can get Valkyria Chronicles 4, developed by The Creative Assembly as a PC exclusive.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 03:30:13 pm »
http://segabits.com/blog/2014/10/27/is-segas-valkyria-chronicles-heading-to-pc-a-recent-pegi-rating-says-it-is/

According to PEGI, it is:

Yo, you found the same website? I heard the forum is cool.

But yeah, I'm still not 100% convinced, this isn't the first time something's shown up on rating's boards and not released right? Also it could be some tricky dickery by Sega, like it's actually a visual novel or a Browser game or something.

But yeah, I really would buy the game all over again, it was quite excellent. I just want to see more of this behaviour. Did Sega acquire any teams that are good at porting stuff recently? Could it be the mob that did the excellent JSR release?

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 03:47:07 pm »
Yo, you found the same website? I heard the forum is cool.

But yeah, I'm still not 100% convinced, this isn't the first time something's shown up on rating's boards and not released right? Also it could be some tricky dickery by Sega, like it's actually a visual novel or a Browser game or something.

But yeah, I really would buy the game all over again, it was quite excellent. I just want to see more of this behaviour. Did Sega acquire any teams that are good at porting stuff recently? Could it be the mob that did the excellent JSR release?

Hardlight and Blit come in question.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:33 pm »
Haha I didn't see MadeManG's first post, thought Barry started this thread.

Will there be more games to come? Or will this be a curious one-off that Sega does and then promptly forgets about. Like Jet Set Radio.

Actually that wasn't a one off. People forget (And I guess that's part of the problem!) that SEGA also released Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS Into Dreams soon after but I think the dismal sales of the latter game just put SEGA off the idea.

Also I don't think SEGA would apply to PEGI without having plans to release the game. It costs money for PEGI verification (I think something around £10,000.) and I don't think we should think it's going to be the browser game considering SEGA Europe is behind this who from memory hasn't got a browser based game on release yet.

So get hyped.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 04:27:26 pm »
Everyone look also Devil Details news (Generations, Binaty Domain). Maybe we could find a link.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 04:40:31 pm »
Haha I didn't see MadeManG's first post, thought Barry started this thread.

Actually that wasn't a one off. People forget (And I guess that's part of the problem!) that SEGA also released Sonic Adventure 2 and NiGHTS Into Dreams soon after but I think the dismal sales of the latter game just put SEGA off the idea.

Also I don't think SEGA would apply to PEGI without having plans to release the game. It costs money for PEGI verification (I think something around £10,000.) and I don't think we should think it's going to be the browser game considering SEGA Europe is behind this who from memory hasn't got a browser based game on release yet.

So get hyped.

All I can say is I've heard things over the past year, and it looks like it's finally happening. ;)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 06:32:45 pm »
The only thing i know is that if this port doesnt sell what SEGA expect then say good bye to a possible VC3 release (Or port).

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 07:03:04 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen...START YOUR HYPE

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/526884918677471232

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 07:04:16 pm »
Noice!
Made by SEGA

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 07:05:49 pm »
The born of a new "Mike Hayes" era? We will expect for that. We need to support this. Good things never last so long.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 07:07:15 pm »

Couldnt pick a more fitting game for pc.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 07:09:34 pm »
Could there be extra content that the PS3 version didn't have, or should I just try to find a copy if I don't have a good enough PC?

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 07:45:42 pm »
My my....what do we have here?