Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?  (Read 84412 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
Re: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 07:51:43 pm »
I am amazed about how many RT and F this have  8)

Offline Draikin

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 07:54:33 pm »
Awesome. I seriously hope people will actually buy this game on release instead of waiting for a discount.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 08:03:11 pm »
Great work from Taro for producing such an effective campaign and petition, without ye we wouldn't have a second chance at Valkyria Chronicles and hopefully many more Japanese SEGA games.

Now to start the petition for Shinobi 4!

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 08:04:43 pm »
Well, Halloween, Holidays and Christmas sales on Steam are around the corner.

Maybe they could push the other digital games in an all-included bundle (anyway,  every month there is a Sega discount sales, so it doesn't change nothing).

That WW TT is really impresive. They are doing a good PR with that :)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 10:11:42 pm »
I have never played the first game more than 2 chapters. I actually started from valkyria chronicles 2 on the psp and i really loved it. I think the 2nd game is underrated and often dismissed cuz of the typical high school setting. But to me going back to the first game felt like 2 had really improved on the gameplay.

Though this time im gonna finish the first game. Maybe that'll even change my mind.

I think everyone can see This whole thing could have great consequences for the future :). Man the possibilities.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 10:44:11 pm »
Sweeeeet!

Enjoy VC, PC gamers. I'll fork over some money.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 05:10:58 am »
Sega japan has a werid love hate relationship when it comes to PC. They've released many of their older games onto that platform even some arcade games that never came out on console...or continued a series that originated on console as PC exclusives. But that was always a every once in a while situation. I'm not sure how effective this campaign is to SOJ. Just because VC is coming doesn't mean the problem of many Sega console to PC games have been solved. Especially when these titles are old titles anyway. If and hopefully when they start releasing some more recent titles as well as release new titles as a joint release between PC and console (SOJ) then we will all know how succesful it is. At the moment VC coming to PC is basically another traditional pattern that SOJ has followed in releasing a console game onto the PC market way after the system it appeared on has been replaced by a new counterpart..in this case the PS4.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 05:56:11 am »
I am currently experiencing orgasmic levels of joy... Hasn't happened in a little while.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 05:57:28 am »
All I can say is I've heard things over the past year, and it looks like it's finally happening. ;)

Yeah I was wondering if it got cancelled or something,  not the first time SEGA reconsiders something.

I hope now people realise that SEGA DO listen. This was a direct response to that PC campaign that was set up and if they can see the support in a tangible number (that petition garnered over 10,000 signatures. ) SEGA WILL act on it. That's the way you do things, not flooding their blogs with consistent chatty about sequels or degrading their work force for not listening to you, you're only just hurting your goal.

Also find it funny that all those sites that said the petition would be useless. Fact is they're not. They're only useless if you can only get a limited number of signatures. Between Dark Souls,  the Digimon game on the Vita and this, I think this certainly makes petition a viable option for fans.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2014, 06:27:10 am »
Yeah I was wondering if it got cancelled or something,  not the first time SEGA reconsiders something.

I hope now people realise that SEGA DO listen. This was a direct response to that PC campaign that was set up and if they can see the support in a tangible number (that petition garnered over 10,000 signatures. ) SEGA WILL act on it. That's the way you do things, not flooding their blogs with consistent chatty about sequels or degrading their work force for not listening to you, you're only just hurting your goal.

Also find it funny that all those sites that said the petition would be useless. Fact is they're not. They're only useless if you can only get a limited number of signatures. Between Dark Souls,  the Digimon game on the Vita and this, I think this certainly makes petition a viable option for fans.

I think its way too soon to start shouting from the rooftops that VC being ported has anything to do with this petition. Like i said Sega has a history of porting games to PC on and off...there's nothing about this port that says anything different to what they usually do.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2014, 06:49:22 am »
I do beleive you are correct, SEGA does indeed have a history of porting games to PC every once in a while. Especially porting certain games that have been released a little while before. Never quite understood why.

Billy Hatcher and The Giant Egg was released on PC in 2006. The Gamecube version had been released 3 years prior.
Same with Viking: Battle for Asgard in 2012. The original game's release was in 2008.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2014, 07:29:15 am »
I do beleive you are correct, SEGA does indeed have a history of porting games to PC every once in a while. Especially porting certain games that have been released a little while before. Never quite understood why.

Billy Hatcher and The Giant Egg was released on PC in 2006. The Gamecube version had been released 3 years prior.
Same with Viking: Battle for Asgard in 2012. The original game's release was in 2008.

#
Exactly. I think people are getting excited and thinking they made an impact when Sega from what i can see are doing something they've done for over two decades. Let's be serious if petitions really worked than SHENMUE 3 would have happend ages ago. I have to wait and see what else is being brought out. And the timing is worth noting too. When did this petition start exactly and what is the date for the port? Because it still takes a matter of time for a game to be ported..and if its ready for this year then that means it was being ported last year to the months of this year when the campaign began or got traction this year..

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2014, 07:57:28 am »
The VC PC port was rumored for as long as one year ago, when did the campaign begin for PC ports?

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2014, 08:08:51 am »
This is something that should have happed years ago, along with a 360 version . Move while nice seems utterly pointless , but maybe at least it gives more people a chance to play this gem of a game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2014, 08:18:37 am »
It is incredibly bizarre. Like Sega has a dart board labelled 'Non-Evil things to do this year' and then they throw and it hits a title. Then afterwards they spin a wheel and it can land on 'Sequel', 'Re-master' or 'PC Port'.
(Shenmue is a 1mmx1mm dot in the center of the board, and 'Give Yu Suzuki money' is a 1 degree slice of the spin board. In the adjoining room, in a cupboard labelled 'Spare Mugs'.)

I'm pretty excited, don't know if I'll buy it right away because I'm being a stingy shit with gaming recently, save for Bayonetta 2. If it's like under $30 I'll probably do it and re-play it because this game is baller as fuck.

Also Aki-at: Sonic Adventure 2 is on Steam? I didn't even know. NiGHTS has been on my wishlist for some time, but you know, stingy and not buying games until I clear out my Back-catalogue some more. I did get JSR on both Xbox and then PC, and I'll get NiGHTS at some point too. I also have one of their Mega Drive bundles that I bought entirely for Shinobi.