Author Topic: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?  (Read 84542 times)

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Valkyria Chronicles coming to PC?
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2014, 04:15:35 pm »
Considering the heavy stylization...it probably won't need anything too beefy.

FFXIII for example only asks for a Dual core 2.0Ghz
1GB of RAM
and a Geforce 8/Radeon HD2000 or higher

Even the recommended aren't too bad.
A Core 2 quad/Phenom X4
and a 5870/460.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2014, 04:18:51 pm »
Ehhh honestly, I bought a PSP mainly to play stuff like VC2 and a few other titles, but VC2 was just... pretty meh in my opinion.

I loved VC on PS3 and was really let down by VC2. Part of it is just that the gameplay was super scaled down to fit on a handheld and it wasn't nearly as much fun. The high-school setting wasn't too bad, but also not as good as the original's premise IMO.

Lot's of schoolgirls with unfeasibly large bosoms who talk down to you and brag about being class president or whatever though.
Funny how I said  the exact opposite in the previous page heh. Cant argue untill i finish VC1 but I really did like 2 a lot :p. I do know VC1 had open areas while VC2 had them seperated between sectors. So yeah defenitly downscaled, but it did bring a different dimension of strategy with it

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2014, 04:31:29 pm »
Spoke too early about reddit, yeah the official VC thread is now more popular than the FFXIII.

*DEAL WIF IT*

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2014, 05:07:29 pm »
Then I guess it won't be too bad. I can run the PC version of Binary Domain at a reasonable framerate.  Even stylized games like The Walking Dead, so for a 6 year old game, I'll take my chances.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2014, 05:09:31 pm »
We'll get the recs eventually either way, but I'm still convinced that they won't be unreasonable.

Sega is usually pretty decent when it comes to PC ports, with few exceptions.

Speaking of which, I wonder who's porting....Sega has jumped through quite a few porters already from game to game.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2014, 04:33:23 am »
I just told you why it doesn't.

Most of Sega's Console ports to PC have been relatively simple games, or games that were on systems that were knowledgeable to developers, which allowed ports to be done relatively quick, and without much effort.

VC matches none of the above criteria. It is literally and probably one of the most difficult games for Sega to attempt to port.

Er no..PANZER DRAGOON was not a simple port....they had to build it from Scratch..if you knew the back ground of that title..and VIKING BATTLE FOR ASGARD hardly was a simple port either. VC due to the nature of the game would have started way before this petition got going so no the petition still had no bearing on whether Sega porting this title to PC.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 05:09:01 am by ROJM »

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2014, 08:14:06 am »
Everyone had to recreate games on the saturn for multi platform purposes. 3D Realms, Activision ect...were all having to host 2 different versions of the same engine. That was not over engineered, that was just stupid design on Sega's part with the saturn for Knee jerking. Pretty big difference.

Anyway...time to isolate the potential porting houses

Sega Hardlight(Viking)
Devil's Details are finally open for work again(Gens, Binary Domain)
Blit Software(Jet set Radio, Sonic CD)
Modern Dream if they are still taking work(Typing of the dead Overkill)

I get the feeling I'm missing one.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2014, 11:09:30 am »
Everyone had to recreate games on the saturn for multi platform purposes. 3D Realms, Activision ect...were all having to host 2 different versions of the same engine. That was not over engineered, that was just stupid design on Sega's part with the saturn for Knee jerking. Pretty big difference.

No shiznit..sherlock...the point is..you can't say PC ports from Sega are simple because not all of them have been. VC probably won't be a simple one..neither will VANQUISH or BAYONETTA and BAYONETTA probably won't be ported if its part of that Nintendo deal. As for you're selection...Sega Europe houses the best technical team at the moment so they would be at hand whoever gwets to port the title.I just wish this could lead to a sequel if SOJ played their cards properly..at last...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2014, 11:11:35 am »
No shiznit..sherlock...the point is..you can't say PC ports from Sega are simple because not all of them have been. VC probably won't be a simple one..neither will VANQUISH or BAYONETTA and BAYONETTA probably won't be ported if its part of that Nintendo deal. As for you're selection...Sega Europe houses the best technical team at the moment so they would be at hand whoever gwets to port the title.I just wish this could lead to a sequel if SOJ played their cards properly..at last...

I think he meant that Panzer Dragoon would be easy to put on Steam now since a PC version already exists.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2014, 12:10:52 pm »
I think he meant that Panzer Dragoon would be easy to put on Steam now since a PC version already exists.
Not really. He was trying to say VC was a more complicated game to port..meaning that Sega listened to the petition which is why they are atempting it in the first place. When the fact is Sega has ported complicated ports to PC before.The game was more than likely started before the petition got started...probably some publicity stunt to get attention on the new wave of ports from Sega if you ask me.

Offline George

« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2014, 05:09:16 pm »
Something that I have noticed about some PC games ported by SEGA, if I put my PC to sleep, wake it up and boot the game, I get horrible framerate.

Just annoying, if anything.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2014, 06:00:16 pm »
Now if only Sega could treat their ports like their games and add something other than Windows.....

Offline George

« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2014, 07:06:00 pm »
You mean Mac/Linux support? I know the Total War series has support for Mac.

But I agree: just depending on how much units it can sell. I think something like VC needs Windows first... and if it does well add support for other consoles.

The other thing: I hope they balance out the classes, the scouts in this game are OP'd.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2014, 07:35:47 pm »
Yes.

TW has had mac support for years, it just takes the porting studio(Feral Interactive) a few years between each port, and Football manager recently got Linux support from Sports Interactive themselves. I just wish Sega would do something similar for their non native PC games/ports as well, such as the old genesis titles, dreamcast ports ect.... It's one of the biggest problems with JP games coming over right now. Everyone else is going or getting ready to go multi OS, and JP ports are windows only.

And yes, other consoles would be nice as well. As well as balanced scouts.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2014, 10:05:08 pm »

Anyway...time to isolate the potential porting houses

Sega Hardlight(Viking)
Devil's Details are finally open for work again(Gens, Binary Domain)
Blit Software(Jet set Radio, Sonic CD)
Modern Dream if they are still taking work(Typing of the dead Overkill)

I get the feeling I'm missing one.

Actually, the Saturn's design wasn't as stupid as it seems in retrospect. Dual processors was a very familiar concept to Sega developers - theyd been doing that in the arcades for years and years. Quads are a rational geometric form to use as a 3D building block, 2D was still doing great in 1994, 3D was still very crude, and having the dev kits in assembly was the industry standard in 1994. The only reason Saturn seems like a hot mess is the Playstation outsold it 10 to 1. If Saturn had been a success, the Playstation would seem crude and infantile in retrospect. The only thing the PS actually had a leg up on is transparencies, and by 1998, Sonic Team seemed to have programmed around that, too.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:09:19 pm by jonboy101 »