Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 270314 times)

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
Re: Sonic Colors announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2010, 01:55:51 pm »
I will be the first and last on the forums to ever admit that I kind of liked Shadow's game. Not in that it was anything close to a good game, or that I even like Shadow (believe me, I do not), but a lot of the ideas gone into it, the extras, SOME of the music and level patterns you could go along were pretty cool in my opinion. Most of the last levels were some of the worst designed in the franchise though, I think, and the objective based missions were fucking awful ideas, not to mention the controls, story and art... Ugh...

But yeah, some may like NiGHTS JoD, but I do not think they can admit that it is a stellar game in any way. Now look at all of the games he has directed. How many are very very good? Most are widely regarded as some of Sonic's worst games, and his last game he worked on that anyone here outright loves are over ten years old now. People are supposed to improve with practice and higher budgets, but he keeps proving that he cannot lead and in the end this is hurting Sonic and SEGA's reputation even more.

And PenPen one of the most underrated games of all time... Seriously? Seriously?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »
Penpen Tri-icelon is one of the most fun games on the DC.

I just don't like the characters designs. A shark-penguin? Holy shit! They are "penguins", you can not mix it with another animal, since it is already an animal.
 It reminds me the anime of the "Care Bears", where you found a elephant-bear, rabbit-bear, etc... it's just weird and awful.

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2010, 02:16:51 pm »
Quote from: "STORM!"
Penpen Tri-icelon is one of the most fun games on the DC.
It is? Hmmm... I always wanted to give it a try, but I never did. Perhaps I'll look it up after all.

It reminds me the anime of the "Care Bears", where you found a elephant-bear, rabbit-bear, etc... it's just weird and awful.
That's the Care Bear Cousins, and yeah, I don't like them so much either.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2010, 08:08:05 pm »
Meanwhile at Sonic Team HQ:

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #154 on: June 06, 2010, 03:23:15 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"

But yeah, some may like NiGHTS JoD, but I do not think they can admit that it is a stellar game in any way. Now look at all of the games he has directed. How many are very very good? Most are widely regarded as some of Sonic's worst games, and his last game he worked on that anyone here outright loves are over ten years old now. People are supposed to improve with practice and higher budgets, but he keeps proving that he cannot lead and in the end this is hurting Sonic and SEGA's reputation even more.

And PenPen one of the most underrated games of all time... Seriously? Seriously?

Every game budget goes up with each generation of hardware that is to be expected . I don't care what people say, I loved Sonic R and Sonic Adventure, and Sonic Adv II was very good as well. I think people think Sonic 06 was the worst Sonic game. Sonic Adv and Sonic Adv II are what most hold up as the best Sonic 3D games.  I'm sure this Sonic game will be good with Sonic Team new found direction and strategies

And yeah... Pen Pen is criminally underrated and overlooked imo. I thought it was the best of the JP launch DC software, the game me and brother and my next door neighbour played the most on my Import DC It was fun and made one feel happy when playing it The music, stages were incredibly wacky, and the whole game was bright and colourful  

I just wished it sold better. A sequel with double the tracks and 4 player online mode,  could have been brilliant

[youtube:1b546yx7]q_wgNrhf9W8[/youtube:1b546yx7]

The game always puts a smile on my face
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #155 on: June 06, 2010, 04:15:34 pm »
Meanwhile, Mademan and Sanus made a video!

[youtube:3uy480a3]1RYUualw9Dw[/youtube:3uy480a3]
Made by SEGA

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #156 on: June 06, 2010, 04:49:20 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"

[youtube:2ehah8q0]1RYUualw9Dw[/youtube:2ehah8q0]

what an annoying guys !

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #157 on: June 06, 2010, 05:37:57 pm »

I watched about 40 seconds of the vid.

"THIS IS THE REAL AMERICAN SONIC!"

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #158 on: June 06, 2010, 06:42:46 pm »
Sharky is LYING! There are NO mustaches in that video at ALL!

Also I just said I like a lot of the newer Sonic games and just defended Shadow's game slightly on this page.

So there have been polls all around Sonic fansites to see if there is more interest in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Sonic Colors. Sonic Colors pretty much always won. It is pretty sad that even these kind of people can understand that more work and passion is being put into Colors than the sequel to SEGA's biggest game trilogy of all time.  :roll:

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #159 on: June 06, 2010, 07:01:09 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Sharky is LYING! There are NO mustaches in that video at ALL!

Also I just said I like a lot of the newer Sonic games and just defended Shadow's game slightly on this page.

So there have been polls all around Sonic fansites to see if there is more interest in Sonic the Hedgehog 4 and Sonic Colors. Sonic Colors pretty much always won. It is pretty sad that even these kind of people can understand that more work and passion is being put into Colors than the sequel to SEGA's biggest game trilogy of all time.  :roll:

I think you are giving them far more credit then they deserve. Chances are the Sonic forums are full mostly of teenagers that would rather play 3D Sonic games then 2D ones.

Also Tails was in the trailer... So it gets the furfag vote.
Made by SEGA

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #160 on: June 06, 2010, 07:09:39 pm »
Also Tails was in the trailer... So it gets the furfag vote.
I agree with this statement. ^_^

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #161 on: June 07, 2010, 07:14:53 pm »
@TeamAndromeda

Sorry for going off-topic for a second, but I couldn't help but recall this remark about Sonic The Hedgehog 2006.

Yes that was the original plan, until the Shinobi Team got involved

I do recall that the PS2 Shinobi producer was involved with director Shun Nakamura. It is shocking how it turned how bad it turned out considering it's game director created Samba de Amigo and Billy Hatcher.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2010, 07:50:01 am »
OMG! 2 sick american kids...

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2010, 03:56:55 am »
I do recall that the PS2 Shinobi producer was involved with director Shun Nakamura. It is shocking how it turned how bad it turned out considering it's game director created Samba de Amigo and Billy Hatcher.

Masahiro Kumono

Just totally out of his depth, not used to handling a Team or a game Budget the size of SONIC. Thinking that having 2 different teams work and crossing over same parts of the game, would all magical fit into place at the end of the development. Instead of  doing what a good Producer should have, and replayed to the to brass the game is in trouble , needs to be pushed back and I need this and that to get it done. Tbh its not all his fault, the top brass did put on this stupid 15th anniversary Label,  which pretty much meant the game to ship that year or else. When everyone knew the game was broken  

Silver  (not the charter looks or back story) was meant to be used in a Overworks IP. His ability for bending and lifting objects 'magical' skills if you will were meant for a certain other action charter, nothing to do with Sonic Team or Sonic  

the worst part is Sonic 06 there are some nice idea's and nice levels in there . You can see it could have been a great game . SOJ very own Sonic Xtreme moment really
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2010, 12:07:41 am »
first Hi-Res screens

first preview as well
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=250983