Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 270144 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Sonic Colors announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2010, 02:07:27 pm »
Quote from: "Monkeroony"
This is looking amazing.

Is it out this year?

It comes out winter this year I believe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2010, 02:14:37 pm »
Yowza! Five Sonic games this Fall/Winter:
Colors Wii, Colors DS, 4, Free Riders and Adventure

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2010, 02:32:05 pm »
There is also the one for 3DS, don't know if its a launch title. If it is, it will be out in Japan in Oct.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2010, 04:03:59 pm »
A few pages ago, I've asked:

Does anyone want to predict the average review scores critics will give to Sonic Colors?

I guess it'll be something around 8/10 :)

After seeing those videos, does anyone want to foresee the scores from the critics/reviewers?

I believe this game will be Sonic's Triumphant comeback to the 'GOTY' lists... :P

Btw, you can check gamespot's impressions of the game clicking here:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6266077/so ... Btitle%3B8

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2010, 04:15:15 pm »
Quote from: "fernandeath"
A few pages ago, I've asked:

Does anyone want to predict the average review scores critics will give to Sonic Colors?

I guess it'll be something around 8/10 :)

After seeing those videos, does anyone want to foresee the scores from the critics/reviewers?

I believe this game will be Sonic's Triumphant comeback to the 'GOTY' lists... :P

Btw, you can check gamespot's impressions of the game clicking here:
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6266077/so ... Btitle%3B8

I was not going to respond about my comments on this title because I feel it is useless and changes nothing, but

Are you serious? Really? How can you watch video of the game, look at interviews of the game and know Iizuka is behind all of this and think this could be one of the best games of the year, let alone the best overall? We all already know the critics hate the series and the company regardless, but I do not see anything from this title at all that can change their opinions at all.

This is literally the game that is making me sell my Wii, it has some of the blandest level design I have seen in a Sonic game in a long while (the levels are worse than some Sonic Riders courses, and that says a lot) and the new gimmicks are some of the lamest the series has ever seen in a long while as some can accidentally kill you, the QTEs that literally everyone in the world hated are back and even the level art sometimes drop below Bubsy and Zool quality.

Come on!

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #185 on: June 16, 2010, 04:28:55 pm »
There is no way this game can be a contender for Game of the Year, Mario Galaxy 2 came out this year and Red Dead Redemption and GoWIII and Bayonetta and Mass Effect 2 and Halo Reach will be coming out this year too.

The only thing I could see Sonic Colours win so far is best looking Wii title, otherwise I don't see any critics, bar staunch SEGA fans, picking Sonic Colours as a Game of the Year.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #186 on: June 16, 2010, 04:32:30 pm »
Sonic still slides instead of rolls...

I dunno, this looks kinda fun, it looks like some of the daytime levels in Unleashed, but I'm not completely sold yet. The fact that they brought back pointless and annoying QTEs for jumps that make no sense sets off serious alarm bells. The Sonic games have had the worst use of QTEs I've ever seen.

It probably looks better than Sonic 4 though, although that says more about Sonic 4 than this.

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #187 on: June 16, 2010, 04:35:56 pm »
and even the level art sometimes drop below Bubsy and Zool quality.

Bubsy and Zool quality? However, the cheeseburger level does look like that.

But the tropical resort in space is really "Sonic-y" if you ask me!

The level design looks like it's slightly below Unleashed 360 quality. But nowhere near as bad as the Wii/PS2 version. Plus the music is awesome.

And you honestly didn't crack a smile listening to Robotnik's stupid announcements? :lol:

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #188 on: June 16, 2010, 04:42:53 pm »
There are things I like about the game, sure, but I like some things in the whole franchise, even Shadow's game and Sonic Riders.

It just comes to me realizing I would have just as much fun with the title by watching gameplay videos of it on YouTube a week after it comes out instead of buying it and having constant frustration with poor design choices for the like... Twentieth time in a row. I would much rather see how the next HD title turns out instead. It is likely that has been in production for awhile now and is not directed by Iizuka, so I have fairly high hopes for it, especially considering they will probably make a big deal out of Sonic's 20th.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #189 on: June 16, 2010, 04:49:29 pm »
ITT worst Sonic fans ever. This game could be really fun. I don't know if GOTY, but it could be as good as Mario. It's not like it's even the same style of game.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2010, 04:52:33 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
ITT worst Sonic fans ever. This game could be really fun. I don't know if GOTY, but it could be as good as Mario. It's not like it's even the same style of game.

So... we should pretend we really like what we see and just buy anything with Sonic on it? Would that make us good Sonic fans?

I'm not saying this will definitely be bad, I think it looks like it has great potential, but I just don't have all that much faith in it when I see them making the same mistakes game in and game out.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2010, 04:54:32 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"

As good as Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, two of the most critically acclaimed titles in the history of video games?

Really?

I mean, sure I can see it as a good game, but as good as those two games? Very very very very very unlikely.

Also I'd rather consider myself a Shinobi, Virtua Fighter, Yakuza and Shenmue fan before a Sonic fan.

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #192 on: June 16, 2010, 05:34:20 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog was the reason I was ever interested in games at all, so of course I have respect for the character, even after all that has happened. I am just done with being disappointed and outstandingly frustrated by every single aspect in every single release by Sonic Team for the past seven or so years and do not see how people can just forgive and forget of things the series has been through, especially considering just four years ago we got Sonic 06 which is constantly seen as the worst game released that year, and even by some as one of the worst of all time. I am not saying this will be clearly be bad, but like I brought up in a previous post, I can see myself having just as much fun with the game by watching walkthroughs of it and not getting mad with dying every couple seconds. Saves me money too!

Calling it GOTY is shockingly hard to take in. I can understand people liking or even loving this game, but it is a mighty hard thing to call, especially when you look at Aki's list of other games people consider contenders. By just budget alone, Sonic Colors does not even begin to compare to any of them.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #193 on: June 16, 2010, 06:10:03 pm »
Super Mario Galaxy is overhyped.
It's good, not THAT good. I don't get how some reviewers complain about certain aspects of the game and then give it a 10/10. It's biased shit.
And people like me don't even like the game. I didn't like Mario 64, why the hell would I like a game that is basically the same?

Also, I've never read anywhere anyone say that Sonic 06 is the worst game of all time. Even because Sonic 06 wasn't all bad. It was just very very very bellow everyone's expectations. Still, most people that actually played it said that it had some fun parts.

But, going back to the thread, it's not a case of having to love it just cause it's Sonic, it's just that there is no need to state that this will be the best or the worst. It can be both. Until it comes out lots of things will change.
As Sonic and mainly Sega fans I think I would enjoy more these topics if we discussed nice possibilities of things that could be in the game. A creative discussion on what would be cool to do in the game. It would certainly be better than saying stuff like:
 "This is literally the game that is making me sell my Wii, it has some of the blandest level design I have seen in a Sonic game in a long while"

So you're going to sell your Wii because of a gameplay video you just saw Sanus? I think that is way more over-the-top than calling it GOTY (note I'm not denying that it's more probable) in my opinion. Still everyone is against the guy that is thinking positively of the game. Is this how low we think of Sega games?

That is why I think we (me included sometimes) shouldn't criticize so much. Let's give these new games a chance of being legendary, shall we? If we don't do it, who will? Reviewers? ah!
SEG4GES

Offline Sega Uranus

• The SEGA Source
« Reply #194 on: June 16, 2010, 06:23:23 pm »
You put me on a list of worst Sonic fans of all time, that was pretty bad!

For me on selling my Wii, it is a collection of stuff, but me seeing a bunch of stuff about this game made me make up my mind and realize I just will not care much about what SEGA or any other publisher releases on the platform anymore. Everything I said on my post outside of 'Blandest' is not so much my opinion, but facts that everyone here has gone on to at least acknowledge. None of the people who have responded to this topic, even Aki does not like Super Mario Galaxy that much, the point he was just trying to get around is that the games he mentioned have a much higher level of polish than anything Sonic Team has released in a very long time, and that alone is enough for more people to appreciate the games more than they would Sonic Colors.