Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 270106 times)

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
Re: Sonic Colors announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #195 on: June 16, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »
Can we get off Color's nuts for a bit? We can speculate, critically and positively - cool, but I think some of you are getting your rocks off to what? Three minutes of gameplay?

Sanus, for the most part I agree with what you're saying (although I came to that "realization" sine the Genesis era), but let the kid dream. Hell, my "GotY" choices last year were zombie games, a dancing game and a horror DS game no one even heard of. Don't take shit like this to heart, 'k?  8-)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #196 on: June 16, 2010, 06:48:12 pm »
Quote from: "matty"
Can we get off Color's nuts for a bit? We can speculate, critically and positively - cool, but I think some of you are getting your rocks off to what? Three minutes of gameplay?
Hell yeah! Who wouldn't touch themselves while viewing the new gameplay footage? It's SEXY AWESOME OMG. <3

But no, seriously, I could see this being a better Sonic game than anything released in the last decade, so hooray for that! ^__^

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #197 on: June 16, 2010, 07:00:01 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
You put me on a list of worst Sonic fans of all time, that was pretty bad!
Sorry, I'm very hyperboloidal :c

But matty somewhat sums up what I would reply to you.. You know I like to give games the chance to amaze me. That's why I usually only read reviews after playing the games :)
SEG4GES

Offline matty

• Total Meseta: 1
    • http://twitter.com/matty_125
« Reply #198 on: June 16, 2010, 07:10:22 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
That's why I usually only read reviews after playing the games :)
I do the exact same thing, especially on games I look forward to most.
Playing a game for yourself does wonders for one's perception! ;)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #199 on: June 16, 2010, 07:50:23 pm »
Sorry, I'm very hyperboloidal :c

But matty somewhat sums up what I would reply to you.. You know I like to give games the chance to amaze me. That's why I usually only read reviews after playing the games :)

Then why do you say stuff like 'Gaming is dead' in other topics?

In any event, yes Sonic 06 really was THAT bad. I own over 200 games and have played even more, and I think I can honestly say that Sonic 06 is the single worst one i've ever played.

But the thing is, I'm not saying that this game is going to be horrible, and i'm not bashing it for no reason. I see things I don't like, so I'll point that out. I will give a game a chance to be 'legendary' as you say, but only if I think it will turn out very good. I can't really say that I feel that way about this game is all.

It might still be very fun though, as many faults as Sonic UNleashed had, it had a lot of good about it too.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #200 on: June 16, 2010, 08:01:11 pm »

But none of my comments were based on previews or reviews. It's based on what I've seen, similar to that of Sonic & SEGA Allstars Racing which I did not end up enjoying as much as some other members here. I just do not like certain things I've seen here, I am just not sure of the leveling of platforming which looks rather dull and the design of the three stages we've seen. Which is about 6 minutes worth of gameplay and 3 levels in total.

Of course that is not the total game, but from what I've seen so far, to come to the conclusion this could push against something like Super Mario Galaxy 2 to the critics, which was what my original point was about, is highly unlikely and only setting up for a let down.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #201 on: June 16, 2010, 09:13:14 pm »
Well I too have had about 200 original games in my collection.. And don't get me wrong, I too think Sonic 06 is bad, but I can easily name you about 15 games I have that are way worse. Of course this is all a matter of opinion really, but it certainly is not even close to worst game ever.

Ok guys, I was trying to bring a bit of positivity into this thread but I see I have failed. Once again will we point out and concentrate on what we don't like about it rather than talking about what seems to be nice. And then when it comes out we all say "See? I told you guys that it was going to be gay". :P

Anyway, I do hope it will turn out fun. And I wish it could be more fun than Mario Galaxy (which I really have a gripe with, but most people like it), I think it's possible cause they're really different kinds of game..
More fun does not mean better reviews. I think Burnout is more fun than Gran Turismo, but they have nothing to do with eachother and I love them both.
SEG4GES

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #202 on: June 16, 2010, 09:57:43 pm »
ITT worst Sonic fans ever. This game could be really fun. I don't know if GOTY, but it could be as good as Mario. It's not like it's even the same style of game.

Now that's a optimist point of view!
Sega Uranus should be as hopeful as crackdude! Remember the 'Monty Phyton' and see the bright side of Sonic Colors.

Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "matty"
Hell yeah! Who wouldn't touch themselves while viewing the new gameplay footage? It's SEXY AWESOME OMG. <3

But no, seriously, I could see this being a better Sonic game than anything released in the last decade, so hooray for that! ^__^

Better than Sonic Adventure 2? I think they're going to be even... just like the England x USA game...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #203 on: June 16, 2010, 10:38:13 pm »
Well I too have had about 200 original games in my collection.. And don't get me wrong, I too think Sonic 06 is bad, but I can easily name you about 15 games I have that are way worse. Of course this is all a matter of opinion really, but it certainly is not even close to worst game ever.

Ok guys, I was trying to bring a bit of positivity into this thread but I see I have failed. Once again will we point out and concentrate on what we don't like about it rather than talking about what seems to be nice. And then when it comes out we all say "See? I told you guys that it was going to be gay". :P

Anyway, I do hope it will turn out fun. And I wish it could be more fun than Mario Galaxy (which I really have a gripe with, but most people like it), I think it's possible cause they're really different kinds of game..
More fun does not mean better reviews. I think Burnout is more fun than Gran Turismo, but they have nothing to do with eachother and I love them both.

IF you want to discuss positive things, then feel free to bring them up. in the last three pages you haven't said anything positive yet, just complained about us being negative. I can understand not wanting to be negative, but give us a reason to be positive about it then!

I'll get hte ball rolling.

The graphics are very nice, and I think it certainly lives up to the colours moniker. I like the fact that Sonic Lazer Beam doesn't look like a horrible gimmick like Were Hog and if it's used sparingly it might be really cool.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2010, 04:10:51 am »
For one thing, the Internet's reaction to the gameplay vids was freakishly amazing. Every Sonic Colors video on GT has at least a 9 rating. I was not expecting that.

The graphics are great. The whole screen is very colorful most of the time, which is a thing I personally enjoy in all games (I tweaked GTA4 till it looked like a freaking comic book).

The powerups seem to work great (though I've only seen 2 of them). They allow us to find different  paths.

The level design looks very good. No death-pits, at least not all over the place.
The 3D sections seem great. I hope the boost button won't make them easier than they should be.
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2010, 05:28:45 am »
Quote from: "fernandeath"
Better than Sonic Adventure 2? I think they're going to be even... just like the England x USA game...
Yep, even better than Sonic Adventure 2. ^_^

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2010, 09:20:18 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "fernandeath"
Yep, even better than Sonic Adventure 2. ^_^
wohoho!
Sonic Adventure 2 was GOTY material right there! Too bad it came out early in a year which would have Halo, Final Fantasy X and GTA3 all coming out in the holidays. BUT THE FIRST TWO ONLY CAME TO EUROPE IN 2002. THEY SHOULDN'T COUNT ;_;
SEG4GES

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #207 on: June 18, 2010, 04:56:47 am »
Let's vote on Sonic Colors for the gamepost award:

http://e3.gamespot.com/games.html?page=13

So far the game has only 311 votes :(

See the 'top 10' list clicking here:
http://e3.gamespot.com/games.html?mode=mostpopular

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #208 on: June 18, 2010, 09:20:27 am »
That is a list of nominations. The most nominated now will be the ones that get voted on later. So I think Sonic Colors has a pretty good chance of appearing there.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #209 on: June 18, 2010, 09:54:31 am »
Colors script is being written by the guys behind MadWorld. FINALLY! Knuckles dropping the f-bomb.