Author Topic: Sonic Colours Discussion  (Read 269771 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Sonic Colors announced for Wii/DS
« Reply #300 on: August 07, 2010, 09:04:23 am »
Quote from: "Orta"
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
The gfx for a Wii are incredible, and the game looks the best sonic game since Adv.

Don't be fooled, there is anti-aliasing everywhere. In other words, these images are bullshots. I have no doubts the game will look good, just not this good.

I'm not fooled , seen the game moving,  it looks incredible for a Wii game
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2010, 09:10:08 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
The gfx for a Wii are incredible, and the game looks the best sonic game since Adv.

Port to the 360 and PS3 next year, while the team readies  a new Sonic game for the next generation of consoles in 2012

I have a feeling that we'll see the next HD Sonic game next year to celebrate the 20th anniversary. Considering Unleashed came out on November 18, 2008, I don't think they'd have a 4 year gap between games. Also, colors came out of nowhere, so I could see Sonic 2011 being a surprise.

You are thinking like the old ways . This is a Sonic Team way of thinking .

The best way to go, would be to port this the 360 and PS3 with a huge step in visuals . While the Team has a nice development span to ready a Sonic game for the launch of the next gen of consoles. It is the best way to get Sonic right back on track

I would much prefer this honestly... But will they do it?
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2010, 09:48:19 am »
Highly doubt this is coming to the HD consoles and I do not know why it would when everything is designed with the Wii controllers in mind. I am 100% certain the next major Sonic game will be released for everything late next year to go with Sonic's 20th, I do not know why they would simply port games for such a big event.

The next game consoles are not coming anytime soon either.

Sonic Team is the main issue with Sonic's quality, giving them another year will probably only make it worse because they would add more retarded things. I am entirely sure that any good developer could make a good 3D Sonic game in around a years time.

Offline TimmiT

• Sonic Retro
« Reply #303 on: August 07, 2010, 05:01:17 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Highly doubt this is coming to the HD consoles and I do not know why it would when everything is designed with the Wii controllers in mind.
The only motion controls in this game is waggling to use a Wisp Power, and tilting the nunchuck to drift. And it has Gamecube and Classic Controller support: http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/sonic- ... controller

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #304 on: August 07, 2010, 07:39:28 pm »
^^^Hopefully they'll support the d-pad so I can use my Gamecube SNES look alike controller.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #305 on: August 08, 2010, 01:39:50 am »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
Highly doubt this is coming to the HD consoles and I do not know why it would when everything is designed with the Wii controllers in mind. I am 100% certain the next major Sonic game will be released for everything late next year to go with Sonic's 20th, I do not know why they would simply port games for such a big event.

The next game consoles are not coming anytime soon either.

Sonic Team is the main issue with Sonic's quality, giving them another year will probably only make it worse because they would add more retarded things. I am entirely sure that any good developer could make a good 3D Sonic game in around a years time.

You can play it with a standard pad, and you're kidding your self if you think MS won't bring out a new console by the likes of 2012/3 . And rushing a game out before it's finished and fully optimised has been SONIC Team main issue
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #306 on: August 08, 2010, 06:04:57 am »
And rushing a game out before it's finished and fully optimised has been SONIC Team main issue

No it has not, not since 2001. Terrible level design and poor game design has been their issue since then. The horrible structure of Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Sonic Unleashed and so on is not down to them being rushed.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #307 on: August 08, 2010, 07:33:40 am »
I agree with the lack of polish, all those games feel they could use another three to six months of debugging.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #308 on: August 08, 2010, 07:59:44 am »
Off topic: I have a feeling we won't see a new console from MS and Sony for a while. The motion controls are their attempts at adding life to the consoles. Also, the slim redesigns help keep the lifespans extended.

Really, what more could they do? Even better graphics? I still am wowed by what the current consoles do. Or larger built in harddrives? I have roughly 32 GB on my 360 and it's more than enough. I can't imagine what I'd do with the current 250 GB drives.

Also, I swear I've read Sony and MS officially stating that they are not planning for the next console any time soon.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #309 on: August 08, 2010, 08:22:16 am »
You can play it with a standard pad

As in a controller that is barely like the PlayStation 3 controller and one that is nothing like the Xbox 360 controller? What I meant was that they have different design values, like how playing Genesis games on a controller with four face buttons feels wrong. I am sure you know what I mean. Not the hardest thing in the world to fix, obviously, but it would just seem strange to me that they would design a game that specifically targets a Nintendo-like audience and then move it onto platforms that different kind of people buy.

Again, it is Sonic's 20th next year. They are not going to just simply port over a game, if anything I am expecting more Sonic games next year than all releases combined in any single year since he has been around.

And rushing a game out before it's finished and fully optimised has been SONIC Team main issue

Now I know you are off your rocker. Do you honestly, truly believe things like the guns in Shadow, the bird chasing, talking or masks in Journey of Dreams, the level made of nothing but rails in Heroes, the psychic powers in Sonic 06 or the werehog would have been any better received if they had more time put into them? No. Everyone hated these because they are bad ideas. Giving Sonic Team another damn year or five is not going to make them any smarter or design levels any better (especially if they have had issues with 3D level design since the start...), as proven by Iizuka's recent comments. That is not even the bulk of what made those games bad. If they are having trouble with making big budget releases every couple years, then they need to realize that they need to start reusing their technology with every game instead of making every single release from scratch. In this case I am honestly shocked Sonic Team is reusing assets from Unleashed, but it makes sense as Colors was most likely originally designed as a side game.

you're kidding your self if you think MS won't bring out a new console by the likes of 2012/3 .

They can barely make any money from the console they have now, why would they start over completely only to make something much much more expensive? Nintendo is the one to follow now, and they are completely content with not making a successor to Wii while it is still the leader.

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #310 on: August 08, 2010, 01:49:00 pm »
Why would they port this game?

Isn't it obvious this game is taking advantage of the Wii? There is less boosting and more normal running to make the levels longer. The game would feel cheap on HD consoles as they could handle much MUCH more.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #311 on: August 08, 2010, 05:21:09 pm »
But they would just upgrade it?
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #312 on: August 08, 2010, 05:28:34 pm »
A small part of me has been holding out hope for a Sonic Wii collection ported to the HD consoles with move/kinect support. Of course, it will never ever happen.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #313 on: August 08, 2010, 06:18:46 pm »
Quote from: "fernandeath"
A few pages ago, I've asked:

Does anyone want to predict the average review scores critics will give to Sonic Colors?

I guess it'll be something around 8/10 :)

After seeing those videos, does anyone want to foresee the scores from the critics/reviewers?

I believe this game will be Sonic's Triumphant comeback to the 'GOTY' lists... :P

I still believe in that.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #314 on: August 08, 2010, 06:23:16 pm »
A few pages ago, I've asked:

Does anyone want to predict the average review scores critics will give to Sonic Colors?

I guess it'll be something around 8/10 :)

After seeing those videos, does anyone want to foresee the scores from the critics/reviewers?

I believe this game will be Sonic's Triumphant comeback to the 'GOTY' lists... :P

I still believe in that.
Didn't this crap nearly developed into a virtua fist fight before?

I agree with you.
SEG4GES